Author Topic: U.S. court refuses to immediately restore Trump travel ban  (Read 932 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

U.S. court refuses to immediately restore Trump travel ban
« on: February 05, 2017, 12:46:18 pm »
U.S. court refuses to immediately restore Trump travel ban
MSN Reuters, Feb 5, 2017

A U.S. appeal court late on Saturday denied a request from the U.S. Department of Justice to immediately restore a immigration order from President Donald Trump barring citizens from seven mainly Muslim countries and temporarily banning refugees.

The court ruling dealt a further setback to Trump, who has denounced the judge in the state of Washington who blocked his executive order on Friday. In tweets and comments to reporters, the president has insisted he will get the ban reinstated.

Trump says the temporary immigration restrictions on citizens from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen, and on all refugees, are necessary to protect the United States from Islamist militants. Critics say they are unjustified and discriminatory.

The judge's order and the appeal ruling have created what may be a short-lived opportunity for travelers from the seven affected countries to get into the United States while the legal uncertainty continues.

LEGAL ARGUMENTS

In his ruling in Washington state on Friday, Judge Robart questioned the use of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States as a justification for the ban, saying no attacks had been carried out on U.S. soil by individuals from the seven affected countries since then.

For Trump's order to be constitutional, Robart said, it had to be "based in fact, as opposed to fiction."

The 9/11 attacks were carried out by hijackers from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Lebanon, whose nationals were not affected by the order.

The Justice Department appeal criticized Robart's legal reasoning, saying it violated the separation of powers and stepped on the president's authority as commander-in-chief.

More:  http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/us-court-denies-request-to-immediately-restore-travel-ban/ar-AAmCZbE?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: U.S. court refuses to immediately restore Trump travel ban
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 12:48:50 pm »
The 9th Circuit strikes again. 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 12:50:33 pm »
The 9th Circuit strikes again.

Didn't expect anything different.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 01:10:25 pm »
:judge:  :hiya:     

Just what the liberals want; rioting and protests in the street, amnesty, massive migration and open borders!

...guns...ammo...food...water...gold  :patriot:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 01:12:59 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 02:40:52 pm »
Again, Trump just got a lesson that there are Checks and Balances..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 02:48:44 pm »

And the 9th Circus will likely get yet another one REAL soon!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 02:54:08 pm »
And the 9th Circus will likely get yet another one REAL soon!

Make the Ban global, except for UK, Nato and Nafta countries.

Impeach the Seattle judge and key blockers in the ninth circuit.

No more Boston, San Bernadino , Fort Dix, Fort Hood, 911,Orlando, Chattanooga, 911 and on and on.

Countries can be cleared off of the list after a majority of the terrorists are taken care of.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 03:06:45 pm »
Make the Ban global, except for UK, Nato and Nafta countries.

Impeach the Seattle judge and key blockers in the ninth circuit.

No more Boston, San Bernadino , Fort Dix, Fort Hood, 911,Orlando, Chattanooga, 911 and on and on.

Countries can be cleared off of the list after a majority of the terrorists are taken care of.

I believe that the president is on VERY firm ground here and WILL soon prevail!

In 2002, Congress passed the Enhanced Border Security and Visa Entry Reform Act. "SEC.
306. No nonimmigrant visa under section 101(a)(15) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8
U.S.C.1101(a)(15)) shall be issued to any alien from a country that is a state sponsor of
international terrorism unless the Secretary of State determines, in consultation with the
Attorney General and the heads of other appropriate United States agencies, that such alien
does not pose a threat to the safety or national security of the United States."

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 03:13:52 pm »
I believe that the president is on VERY firm ground here and WILL soon prevail!

In 2002, Congress passed the Enhanced Border Security and Visa Entry Reform Act. "SEC.
306. No nonimmigrant visa under section 101(a)(15) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8
U.S.C.1101(a)(15)) shall be issued to any alien from a country that is a state sponsor of
international terrorism unless the Secretary of State determines, in consultation with the
Attorney General and the heads of other appropriate United States agencies, that such alien
does not pose a threat to the safety or national security of the United States."

Sessions confirmation can't come soon enough.  The 'nuclear' option needs to be used ASAP.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 03:16:24 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 03:17:47 pm »

He did. However, I don't agree with this ruling, why was it ok when Obama did it? I don't understand that.

Of course, I don't think he did himself any favors by badmouthing a judge in public. Poor choice (one among many yesterday) from him.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 07:42:32 pm »
The Judge Who Halted Trump’s Immigration Order Has Made Some Wacky Rulings In The Past

http://www.redstate.com/patterico/2017/02/04/judge-halted-trumps-immigration-order-made-wacky-rulings-past/?utm_source=rsmorningbriefing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl

Perhaps Trump tweets out some other decisions .  From Bigun's lips to the world's ears!
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?