Author Topic: Romney: Trump has gotten off to a 'strong start'  (Read 494 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Romney: Trump has gotten off to a 'strong start'
« on: February 05, 2017, 12:30:16 pm »
Romney: Trump has gotten off to a 'strong start'
The Hill, Feb 4, 2017, Nikita Vladimirov

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is praising President Trump's "strong start," citing his early push to fulfill various campaign pledges.

"We're all watching with interest. He’s obviously gotten off to a very strong start in terms of making a series of executive orders and making the changes that he promised during the campaign," Romney told the Deseret News on Friday.

Romney, a prominent critic of Trump during the 2016 campaign who was briefly considered for the position of secretary of State in Trump's administration, expressed optimism over Trump's presidency.

"I expressed honestly what my belief was with regards to temperament and character. Now the time has come for us to recognize we have a new president and we have hopes he will be successful leading our country," Romney said.

Romney also said that he did not regret being considered for secretary of State, a job that went to Exxon Mobile CEO Rex Tillerson, who was confirmed by the Senate this week.

"I had very good meetings with, at that point, President-elect Trump," Romney told the Deseret News, praising the newly-elected president for being "willing to talk to me, given the fact that I had been so critical."

According to the newspaper, Romney also said that "all doors are open" when it comes to potential future political ambitions, but added that he is "not looking forward to anything political at the national level."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/317937-romney-trump-has-gotten-off-to-a-strong-start

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:33:32 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Romney: Trump has gotten off to a 'strong start'
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 12:36:33 pm »
"We're all watching with interest .../

Who's the "we're all" content to just watch without lifting a finger or a voice in support to help?   :pondering:

Online libertybele

Re: Romney: Trump has gotten off to a 'strong start'
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 01:14:25 pm »
Who's the "we're all" content to just watch without lifting a finger or a voice in support to help?   :pondering:

The "we" are the same ones who watched in amazement as Trump won the nomination. Interesting that the only one in Congress that has openly continued to support Trump is Cruz!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 01:17:41 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.