Author Topic: Trump orders review that could relax Dodd-Frank bank rules  (Read 688 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Trump orders review that could relax Dodd-Frank bank rules
« on: February 05, 2017, 12:52:29 am »
US President Donald Trump has taken his first step to try to scale back US financial services regulations.

He signed an executive order to review the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial regulations, which some people on Wall Street say are overly-restrictive.

The law was brought in after the 2008-09 financial crisis with the aim of avoiding another financial meltdown.

"Dodd-Frank is a disaster," Mr. Trump said earlier this week.

He added: "We're going to be doing a big number on Dodd-Frank."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38858009
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bolobaby

Re: Trump orders review that could relax Dodd-Frank bank rules
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 05:00:43 am »
Kill Dodd Frank, but - more importantly - kill Sarbanes Oxley!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 07:01:18 am »
Funny how both Dodd and Frank retired immediately after the passage of their cosponsored bill.

I didn't catch who was driving the getaway car. 

In my professional opinion the best way to "relax" Dodd/Frank is with this handy accessory:

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 07:12:53 am »
Funny how both Dodd and Frank retired immediately after the passage of their cosponsored bill....

Not saying this is a good legislation but I think it points out the fact that everyone in Congress is bought at paid for and should they pass anything that doesn't have the approval of K Street they might as well retire...