Author Topic: Trump: “There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What do you think—our country’s so innocent?”  (Read 14783 times)

Online kevindavis007

‏@KenGardner11  5s5 seconds ago

Ken Gardner Retweeted Brian Stelter
Basically, Trump insulted the U.S. military and even equated its actions with (mass) killing by the Russian government. What an idiot.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Silver Pines

Thats one of the reasons I opposed Pence. He's spineless. Always was, always will be.

@Norm Lenhart

I might as well admit it and get flamed, but I've never liked his facial expressions.  They're always weak and wishy-washy.  Half the time he looks like he's about to cry.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
LBJ said of foreign dictators back in the day "He may be an SOB, but he's our SOB";

One problem with Trump's statement which we are reading about out of context is, it is ambiguous as to whom it means.

Some say it could mean a large variety of folks; Seth Rich anyone?

But that's not meant to defend his answer, which out of context sounds pretty weak.

Offline TomSea

Pence has done a lot for the pro-life movement, I'll take actions over words and facial expressions.

Offline TomSea

The US has probably supported some pretty bad hombres in the past; and now there are people like Duterte out there.

Offline TomSea

He equates the U.S. with a murdering KGB thug's regime.  This is why I will never be in this moron's corner.  When he accomplishes something decent, like the Gorsuch appointment, he does so in spite of himself.  He always reverts to being Trump.

Now watch.  Most Republicans and conservatives will dislike this, but they'll stay quiet.  If Obama had said it, they would (rightfully) scream to heaven.  That will be proof that it's all about party/tribe/personality instead of country.

So, every dictator we've supported has been clean. Okay, I never saw it that way.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I don't see much difference. Country by country or city block by city block.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

geronl

Frank J. Fleming ‏@IMAO_  2h2 hours ago

VILLAIN FROM PRETTY MUCH EVERY MOVIE: "You see; we're not so different, you and I."

TRUMP: "You make a good point."

That is a good one.

Offline Norm Lenhart

@Norm Lenhart

I might as well admit it and get flamed, but I've never liked his facial expressions.  They're always weak and wishy-washy.  Half the time he looks like he's about to cry.

All I needed to convince me where his integrity was, he showed me when the explosion of bull$XXt erupted from Trump regarding Ted Cruz...And pence, like Paul Ryan before him, cosied up to the source and ran as VP.

Offline Rivergirl

Pence the ultimate pooper scooper.

Offline TomSea

We worked with Stalin in WWII; no matter how repugnant that is.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 09:44:55 pm by TomSea »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Marco Rubio Verified account
‏@marcorubio

When has a Democratic political activists been poisoned by the GOP, or vice versa? We are not the same as #Putin. MR

STFU, Rubio.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Norm Lenhart

While I'm in rant mode on this subject:

One of the hammers the left uses to smash the bejesus out of both the Right and America as a whole is that America has in fact done some ugly things. The Right wants to believe America is the Shinning city on the Hill. And it is.

Every so often Hollywood gets one right and there is a quote from the original comedy "Men in black", that a lot of people should consider in the broad sense. It applies here:

-------
Edwards: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.

Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. ---------

The problem is that the right refuses to accept that the bad and the good made America. The two are inseparable because we can't go back and fix our mistakes. Yet mistakes and all, we are STILL the best thing going. And that's something a lot of people have to come to terms with.

When they do, the left loses it's 'big stick' to beat America with. You can't be hurt by something that can't hit you.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
‏@marcorubio

When has a Democratic political activists been poisoned by the GOP, or vice versa? We are not the same as #Putin. MR

STFU, Rubio.

He's right trump the idiot is wrong. Choke on it.

Online kevindavis007

‏@marcorubio

STFU, Rubio.

He is telling the truth.. You Putin a** kisser.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Norm Lenhart

‏@marcorubio

STFU, Rubio.

Does Capt. Chippendale really want to go there? Really? Because that whole JFK thing is very much up for debate outside the pols that did their damnedest to obstruct literally EVERYTHING about the investigation of it.

Edit: And Mrs. Lincoln wasn't widowed because Honest Abe lied about his flu shot.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:01:42 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
‏@marcorubio

STFU, Rubio.

Rubio is right

Silver Pines

Pence has done a lot for the pro-life movement, I'll take actions over words and facial expressions.

@TomSea

Maybe he has; I really have no idea.  However, that's my personal reaction to him and it isn't required that anyone like it.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Rubio is right

He's right that we arent the same as Putin sure. but that was never in question. Nor was it said.

Silver Pines

Steve Deace ‏@SteveDeaceShow  5h5 hours ago

Anybody remember last time we trusted Russia to defeat a great evil? We got the evil empire, which killed and enslaved even worse for longer

Offline Norm Lenhart

He's right trump the idiot is wrong. Choke on it.

People that voted for Trump look really stupid when they tell others to choke on the guy they themselves elected.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
‏@KenGardner11  5s5 seconds ago

Ken Gardner Retweeted Brian Stelter
Basically, Trump insulted the U.S. military and even equated its actions with (mass) killing by the Russian government. What an idiot.

It doesn't help that Trump has said he would be willing to authorize the killing of terrorist family members.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Steve Deace ‏@SteveDeaceShow  5h5 hours ago

Anybody remember last time we trusted Russia to defeat a great evil? We got the evil empire, which killed and enslaved even worse for longer

Sush yo mouf! I was told we have to be pragmatic! On this site in fact! ;)

Isn't it funny how the need for pragmatism seems to be good sometimes and bad others? Like when all the pragmatists out there are faced with America siding with Uncle Joe Stalin?

Sorry folks. Some people here need a big perspective enema. Putin, evil as he is, holds no candles to Joe Stalin.