Author Topic: Trump: “There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What do you think—our country’s so innocent?”  (Read 14782 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Donald Trump says Vladimir Putin might kill journalists, but ‘at least he’s a leader’ (2015)

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/18/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-might-kill-journalists/

Online kevindavis007

:amen:  Very well said. I'll gladly applaud him when he does something good, which I have here, but I will not give him a pass when he does or says something stupid. His noticeable admiration of Putin makes me very uncomfortable as it is, but bringing up the moral relativism argument is appauling.

But Putin is defending Christianity..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
What's a little oligarchy between friends?

The Art of the Deal.

A) You partner with us to wipe ISIL off the map, then
B) we look the other way in your need to control Ukraine, Georgia and the Black Sea trade routes

:shrug:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The Art of the Deal.

A) You partner with us to wipe ISIL off the map, then
B) we look the other way in your need to control Ukraine, Georgia and the Black Sea trade routes

:shrug:

Yep, cronyism on a geopolitical scale. Disturbing as hell.

Online DCPatriot

Yep, cronyism on a geopolitical scale. Disturbing as hell.

I don't call putting a serious dent in radical Islamic Jihad anything minor.

Admitting your adversary is ruthless is one thing.  Admitting that you're capable of that and much worse?   Priceless! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cripplecreek

But Putin is defending Christianity..

Captain clownhair loves governments that use brute force against their citizens.

Trump Called the Tiananmen Square Massacre a ‘Riot’, and That Tells You A Lot

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/03/11/trump-called-tiananmen-square-massacre-riot-china-telling-debate/

Offline Rivergirl

DT also praised NK leader for being willing to kill his own relatives.
Waiting for the trumpkins to spin this insanity into 'it's only a joke' or something equally insipid.

Online DCPatriot

Waiting for the trumpkins to spin this insanity into 'it's only a joke' or something equally insipid.

Well, if I had $10 BILLION....I'm sure that there would be some relatives that needed killing.    :laugh:

Offline Victoria33

He equates the U.S. with a murdering KGB thug's regime.  This is why I will never be in this moron's corner.  When he accomplishes something decent, like the Gorsuch appointment, he does so in spite of himself.  He always reverts to being Trump.
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak
@Oceander
@Freya

As you know, I think Trump has a mental disorder which affects every decision he makes.  I have two comments to add to that:

1.  A few days ago, a psychologist made a statement about his behavior that I had not detected.  When something good happens to/for him, he attacks someone/organisation/country leader, immediately after the good thing happens.  Remember this when the next positive thing happens to/for him, and see if he immediately starts attack tweeting or signing an executive order against something.  I won't go into what this behavior means in his mind, as it would take too much space here.

2. Putin is smart - I think he has one or more psychologists evaluating Trump's behavior and counseling him on how to handle Trump to get what he wants, keep Trump off his back, appease Trump, so he (Putin) can carry out what he wants to do now and in the future.  Trump has a "hero" complex about Putin and wants to be like him, have that much power, so Putin will use Trump's mindset, following the advice of his psychologists, to manipulate Trump.  Putin knows who Putin is, but Trump does not know who Trump is (his mind is in flux all the time) - advantage Putin.

Offline Cripplecreek

To make matters worse are other republicans joining the simpleton in his love of violence against citizens for political gain.

Kent State University responds to Michigan GOP official's tweets, Facebook posts

A Michigan Republican Party operative is facing backlash this weekend after he suggested on social media that another Kent State might be a solution to ongoing protests around the country.

Dan Adamini, the Marquette County GOP secretary, made similar posts on both Facebook and Twitter.

One read ""Violent protesters who shut down free speech? Time for another Kent State perhaps. One bullet stops a lot of thuggery, "

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/kent-state-university-responds-to-michigan-gop-officials-tweets-facebook-posts/398777744

Offline endicom

I heard the soundbite yesterday and I thought it so Obama like.

Obama to world: tell us when we should bend over for you.

Trump to world: that was yesterday. Now start remembering how WWII ended.

Online kevindavis007

Obama to world: tell us when we should bend over for you.

Trump to world: that was yesterday. Now start remembering how WWII ended.

You mean how we won WWII???

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

It is.. I better hope Rush of other talk show hosts doesn't defend this.. If they do, they will not have any credibility.. None zero..

@kevindavis

What do you bet Hannity will find a way to  minimize it? 

Silver Pines

We were told that they would keep Trump in line but as all realistic people predicted, keeping him in line meant justifying anything he does without question.

@Cripplecreek

"Holding his feet to the fire" = "No, this is what he REALLY meant ".

Silver Pines

:amen:  Very well said. I'll gladly applaud him when he does something good, which I have here, but I will not give him a pass when he does or says something stupid. His noticeable admiration of Putin makes me very uncomfortable as it is, but bringing up the moral relativism argument is appauling.

@NavyCanDo

I think Steve Deace describes Trump's behavior well...he calls it "polishing Putin's testicles."  Donald
just can't seem to stop.

Online kevindavis007

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I don't think teflon don the con will be getting away with this one, not even from his  media throne sniffers but I've been wrong before.

Silver Pines

@Rivergirl

That was six-dimensional chess from a master-dealing wizard, or something.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I don't think teflon don the con will be getting away with this one, not even from his  media throne sniffers but I've been wrong before.

FR is spinning it as one of the best presidential statements ever.

geronl

Trump has the same answer as Barack Obama

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump has the same answer as Barack Obama

Really? Never heard Obama say something like this.

Offline endicom

You mean how we won WWII???

I think we won and that there was a whole lot of bombing involved.

Silver Pines

FR is spinning it as one of the best presidential statements ever.

@AbaraXas

"It's like we have a FReeper in the White House!"

"I think we do!"

And yet the thread can't be found in the front page sidebars.

Online kevindavis007

I think we won and that there was a whole lot of bombing involved.

We won cause we went after the enemy.. Also we told the Germans that we went after the Nazi's.  Also we are not going to drop a lot of nukes in the Middle East..

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
He equates the U.S. with a murdering KGB thug's regime.  This is why I will never be in this moron's corner.  When he accomplishes something decent, like the Gorsuch appointment, he does so in spite of himself.  He always reverts to being Trump.

Now watch.  Most Republicans and conservatives will dislike this, but they'll stay quiet.  If Obama had said it, they would (rightfully) scream to heaven.  That will be proof that it's all about party/tribe/personality instead of country.
He does such a good job of picking cabinet members and a Supreme Court nominee and then immediately goes out and does and says things which make it more difficult go get them confirmed. That should have been his first priority. If he screws up the SCOTUS confirmation, he screws up the main argument given for voting for him.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington