Author Topic: Fareed Zakaria: Sorry, President Trump. I agree with you.  (Read 482 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Fareed Zakaria: Sorry, President Trump. I agree with you.
« on: February 04, 2017, 04:55:04 pm »
Sorry, President Trump. I agree with you.
By Fareed Zakaria

After his spat with Mexico, after the travel ban, this week President Trump did something that surprised me. He put in place a policy with which I agreed. He placed a smart check on ever-proliferating federal regulations. His executive action requires any department that wants to add a regulation to get rid of two existing ones. It might seem gimmicky, but the British government instituted just this “one-in, two-out” rule in 2013 and it has worked well. In fact, while I find much of Trump’s worldview alarming, I generally agree with some important parts of his program — tax reform, infrastructure investment, deregulation, civil service reform. But the larger question I keep asking myself is: Does Trump want someone like me to agree with him?

Continued: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/sorry-president-trump-i-agree-with-you/2017/02/02/95ab9daa-e98b-11e6-bf6f-301b6b443624_story.html?utm_term=.9729d84faa1c