Author Topic: White House Correspondents Dinner feeling wrath of Trump’s media feuds  (Read 410 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

White House Correspondents Dinner feeling wrath of Trump’s media feuds
New York Post, Feb 3, 2017, Keith Kelly

President Trump’s blood feud with the media is putting a damper on one of the glitzier gatherings of the year, the White House Correspondents Dinner, where politicos get a chance to roast and be roasted while hobnobbing with journalists and Hollywood stars.

Vanity Fair and the New Yorker both said they will not be hosting parties in conjunction with the April 29 bash.

More media companies could follow suit.

Up in the air at the moment is another pre-party bash hosted in recent years by Time and People magazines at the St. Regis. A spokeswoman on Friday declined to comment on what plans, if any, the Time Inc. titles had.

MSNBC, which normally held one of the bigger parties, also has not revealed what, if anything, it plans to do this year, although insiders are saying it is leaning toward hosting a bash again.

More:  http://nypost.com/2017/02/03/white-house-correspondents-dinner-feeling-wrath-of-trumps-media-feuds/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: White House Correspondents Dinner feeling wrath of Trump’s media feuds
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 04:04:29 pm »
It's way past time to send this travesty to the dustbin of history.

Offline Suppressed

Re: White House Correspondents Dinner feeling wrath of Trump’s media feuds
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 06:01:43 pm »
It's way past time to send this travesty to the dustbin of history.

It was a good thing once.  Roasting started with Reagan.  I'd like to see it go back to its roots.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn