Author Topic: White House Vows ‘Emergency Stay’ of Judicial Order Thwarting President’s Immigration Order  (Read 7765 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Did they commit it? If every member of the press committed sedition why wouldn't we? Thats why we bring charges and have trials where they are applicable.

Is that a problem? Again, why so? What is crazy about it? You seem to not want to answer that simple question. Do you oppose law? Are you a leftist Anarchist? They think having laws is bad too. So you tell me. Ball's in your court.

Well it's been a while. I guess he doesn't want to answer.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Obama appointed 329 radical Leftists to LIFETIME appointments making up more than 40% of the ENTIRE Federal Bench.

That is not going to be overcome by the 100 vacancies Trump may fill, and with whom we do not know.  Lots of Leftists disguised as "Conservatives" these days.

Obama's fundamental transformation is not going away via civil means.  THAT is a virtual guarantee.

Hell the GOP just told us this week that Obama Care and the Iranian deal was here to stay.

Yet the GOP still holds all the cards as they have the ability to reorganize and disband at will!  It's all right there in that dirty old Constitution! 

Question is will they USE it?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Looks like Trump got a lesson in Checks and Balances..

The only thing Trump gets a lesson in here is being ready for it before they do it!

ANYONE could have guessed that the left was going to judge shop until they found one willing to do their bidding!  Didn't have to look very hard! 

I suspect that come Monday morning the Trump legal team will be all over this like white on rice!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

The only thing Trump gets a lesson in here is being ready for it before they do it!

ANYONE could have guessed that the left was going to judge shop until they found one willing to do their bidding!  Didn't have to look very hard! 

I suspect that come Monday morning the Trump legal team will be all over this like white on rice!

The thing that annoys the bejesus out of me is that ...How in the many splendored hell are his people this stupid? I am willing to cut Trump slack in that he is used to yelling "JUMP" and expecting all of Trump Casiongolfcourseproperties Inc. To sing "How High?" in E Major in a well choreographed routine that shames the cast of South Pacific.

But his people are not newbs. Why was there not an immediate reaction/counter to the activist judiciary?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The thing that annoys the bejesus out of me is that ...How in the many splendored hell are his people this stupid? I am willing to cut Trump slack in that he is used to yelling "JUMP" and expecting all of Trump Casiongolfcourseproperties Inc. To sing "How High?" in E Major in a well choreographed routine that shames the cast of South Pacific.

But his people are not newbs. Why was there not an immediate reaction/counter to the activist judiciary?

I STRONGLY suspect that had Jeff Sessions been in place that would have been the case!  As it is they STILL should have been more prepared for what anyone could have seen coming!

BTW: The basis this BLM judge used for this is COMPLETE garbage!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

I STRONGLY suspect that had Jeff Sessions been in place that would have been the case!  As it is they STILL should have been more prepared for what anyone could have seen coming!

BTW: The basis this BLM judge used for this is COMPLETE garbage!

Sessions or anyone else shouldn't matter. Anyone there should be 100% ready to react to judicial activism because it's been 8 years of it 24/7.

And yes it was complete garbage, which is what POs me the most about this. It's a slam dunk to counter it.

The Dems SHOULD have taught these guys that you fight non stop after being told 'no'. But since that lesson went unheeded, I have to blame incompitence or "We wanted the ban overturned because we are really leftists in disguise".

Here's hoping they are simply incompitent.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Sessions or anyone else shouldn't matter. Anyone there should be 100% ready to react to judicial activism because it's been 8 years of it 24/7.

And yes it was complete garbage, which is what POs me the most about this. It's a slam dunk to counter it.

The Dems SHOULD have taught these guys that you fight non stop after being told 'no'. But since that lesson went unheeded, I have to blame incompitence or "We wanted the ban overturned because we are really leftists in disguise".

Here's hoping they are simply incompitent.

I really cannot come up with an argument.  When you're right you're right!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

I really cannot come up with an argument.  When you're right you're right!

People say "Oh sure it's easy to sit there and say that but..."

Well what excuse is there? It's not like a dimensional portal opened in DC and a bunch of people from Earth 24976 where everyone is sane and there are no Democrats stepped through, suddenly befuddled by actions and ideas they could not imagine, much less have seen before.

The Dems playbook is the same as ever. There is no 'negotiation' there to be had nor compromise. To a Dem, compromise is "I want/You give". they all know this. And if they know this, they should have been ready. If they do not know this, which defies belief, then they should not be there in their current positions if at all.

Silver Pines

That NEVER ends well for liberty.

Ever.

But… I think we are far too gone culturally to ever return to a notion of a civil society, which is the only environment Reagan/limited government Conservatism could exist.

The bulk of the population either want their king and dictator or have made the government their god and provider or both.  Payback, revenge, imposition, violence and eradication are now the main motivation on all sides of current divisions.

There is no putting that genie back in the bottle.  We are now fully balkanized, with the society standing in a pool of gasoline just waiting for that spark to set it all off.

Notwithstanding all the shock and ground troops that the Left, the GOP and Obama have placed here from South America and Jihad-sponsoring countries.  The outcome is virtually guaranteed.

Fundamental change has indeed happened.

Most refused to notice it when it was able to be arrested.  Now it is too late.

We are now France cira 1790, and I expect the results will be similar, if not more horrific.

@INVAR

I agree with you that the culture is probably too far gone to come back.  We allowed the left to take over the schools, and now we have the result.

I was thinking about the king-dictator thing yesterday.  IMO it's part of human nature to want a king to rule over us, to look up to.  The Israelites did...in spite of having witnessed firsthand God's miracles and deliverance.  We have to struggle against it even now.  There's a tendency to try and turn politicians into heroes...and then there's full-on worship, in some cases.

Think of how easy it will be for the man of sin when he comes along.

Silver Pines

Yeah, 306 Electoral College votes worth.

The alternatives were to lose gracefully AGAIN with a genteel establishment moderate Republican, or lose to an extension of Obama by Hillary Clinton.

By the way, Reagan "conservatism" included Amnesty, which only fueled illegal immigration in anticipation of future amnesties, brought by G.W. Bush, McCain etc.

Reagan wasn't a saint, either.

@truth_seeker

Let me correct the baseless assumptions in your post.  The first is that I have any use for "genteel moderate establishment Republicans."

The second is that I believe any politician is/was a saint.  I've never written a song to any guy who ran for office, nor Photoshopped him on a cross.  But I've seen some of that lately.

Offline skeeter

That's a bad idea and strikes at the notion of America itself.

Shame on you.

Glowing talk of 'America is defined by its immigrants' is a myth proliferated by those who benefit from from the current immigration (non)policy, either economically or politically.

Its 'patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel' with a slightly different spin.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:42:50 am by skeeter »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Well, it's now a day after this article was written and there is still no 'emergency stay'.

Trump must not think it all that much of an emergency then...

DOJ asks court to stay order on Trump's travel ban

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,247690.msg1217036/topicseen.html#msg1217036

Offline skeeter

Lololol.

Who's "wearing the flag" in politics?  (Hint: one word, five letters, begins with the letter 'T')

And the vast majority of Americans are descendents of immigrants.

Everyone everywhere is descended of immigrants. To acknowledge it is meaningless sloganeering.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Justice Department is asking a federal appeals court to set aside a judge's order that temporarily blocked the Trump administration's travel ban.

The federal government's request for an emergency stay was filed Saturday night with the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.

The filing asks the court to lift an order from a day earlier from a judge in Washington state.

The ruling from U.S. District Judge James Robart temporarily halted a Trump administration executive order that suspended America's refugee program and halted immigration to the U.S. from seven Muslim-majority countries.

The administration on Saturday moved to suspend enforcement of the travel ban as the Justice Department readied its legal challenge.

President Donald Trump has lashed out at Robart on Twitter, calling him a "so-called judge."

http://abc7.com/politics/doj-asks-court-to-stay-order-on-trumps-travel-ban/1738008/

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
That's a bad idea and strikes at the notion of America itself.

Shame on you.

BS! 100% USDA Choice!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Glowing talk of 'America is defined by its immigrants' is a myth proliferated by those who benefit from from the current immigration (non)policy, either economically or politically.

Its 'patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel' with a slightly different spin.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Offline skeeter

You posted a poem written by a Greenwich Village socialite. A poem is not immigration policy.

And I do not believe the Statue of Liberty was intended to welcome immigrants, she was supposed to represent the US as an example of a free people for others to emulate.

Otherwise the french would've gifted us an image of a social worker towing a welcome wagon.

• Technical
You posted a poem written by a Greenwich Village socialite. A poem is not immigration policy.

And I do not believe the Statue of Liberty was intended to welcome immigrants, she was supposed to represent the US as an example of a free people for others to emulate.

Otherwise the french would've gifted us an image of a social worker towing a welcome wagon.

I'll tell ya', you ignorant Trumplickers shore do love america don't you?

Hating the Statue of Liberty? Fer real?

Offline Norm Lenhart

We tried Sedition laws under our 2nd President.  We found it a really bad idea.

America shouldn't waste the time/money/effort relearning this.

Then why can one still be tried?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I have concluded that it is a waste of time trying to educate those who are history challenged!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

I'll tell ya', you ignorant Trumplickers shore do love america don't you?

Hating the Statue of Liberty? Fer real?

You have evolved into quite the troll.

Please don't make me utilized the ignore button.

• Technical
You have evolved into quite the troll.

Please don't make me utilized the ignore button.

Read my signature, Snowflake.

Offline skeeter

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 01:10:37 am by skeeter »

• Technical
Read this.

Awesome, how do you get your hair pink like that?

Offline skeeter

Awesome, how do you get your hair pink like that?

Since leaving TOS damned if I haven't forgotten how to size an image

Gotta get back to my Trump alter, see ya.