Author Topic: White House Vows ‘Emergency Stay’ of Judicial Order Thwarting President’s Immigration Order  (Read 7823 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by Charlie Spiering3 Feb 20177,567

The White House issued a statement vowing to file for an emergency stay of a federal judge’s order to block President Donald Trump’s executive order restricting immigration and refugees from high risk countries from the Middle East.

“At the earliest possible time, the Department of Justice intends to file an emergency stay of this order and defend the executive order of the President, which we believe is lawful and appropriate,” read a statement from Sean Spicer to reporters.

The statement explained that Trump’s order was issued under his constitutional authority to protect the American people.

U.S. District Court Judge James Robart took the unusual step of issuing a emergency stay of Trump’s order as the attorneys general of Washington and Minnesota filed a lawsuit to overturn the legislation.

The plaintiffs argue that Trump’s order violates the U.S. Constitution and federal law, including what they say is discrimination against a particular religion.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/03/white-house-vows-emergency-stay-of-judicial-order-thwarting-presidents-immigration-order/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
This is reassuring. The Trump administration is in the right here IMO and intends to work within the bounds of the law.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 12:35:33 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This judge has upped the ante on getting Sessions in place.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline beandog

Once again, it is the Judges in this country who are our biggest problem. **nononono*

Offline NavyCanDo

I think rather than tweeting this morning trashing this Bush appointed Judge, which he did this morning calling this Seattle Judge a "so-called Judge", Trump instead should have one of those old fashion Reagan like fireside chats explaining in detail the EO. And speak to ALL Americans, not his adoring supporters, not a gut punching to his Democrat enemies, but adjust his language as Reagan would so anyone watching would feel he was talking to them personally.
Explain what the EO is with passion and logic. Be a salesman. Explain that it is not a ban, and who and under what circumstances can people still travel from these countries, and that the EO is only temporary while a better vetting process is put in place. And that this all intended on protecting the American people.

That is what should be done. But Trump being Trump, will continue using his thumbs, and make things worse.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Mesaclone

I think rather than tweeting this morning trashing this Bush appointed Judge, which he did this morning calling this Seattle Judge a "so-called Judge", Trump instead should have one of those old fashion Reagan like fireside chats explaining in detail the EO. And speak to ALL Americans, not his adoring supporters, not a gut punching to his Democrat enemies, but adjust his language as Reagan would so anyone watching would feel he was talking to them personally.
Explain what the EO is with passion and logic. Be a salesman. Explain that it is not a ban, and who and under what circumstances can people still travel from these countries, and that the EO is only temporary while a better vetting process is put in place. And that this all intended on protecting the American people.

That is what should be done. But Trump being Trump, will continue using his thumbs, and make things worse.

I wish we still lived in a nation in which such a calm, explicative approach would convey the correctness of his position. Unfortunately, we are facing a Left that has become borderline fascist and hysterical in its methodology....violent riots, gangs of liberals assaulting conservative students on campus if they speak out of line or wear GOP friendly hats/clothes. We face groups which are following what are essentially Leninist tactics in provoking physical confrontations. Not an environment in which what you suggest can be perfectly effective. In some ways, we stand on the cusp of becoming a Weimar government....striving to adhere explicitly to the law and constitution while the radicals are assaulting us in the streets seeking to physically impose their will.

Trump's method IS provocative, and it is having the effect of fully exposing these radical tactics...and pushing the Left into an hysteria that shows the nation just how extreme they have become. I think his approach is the ONLY one that has a real chance of turning this ship around...and while agree that he can do more to get his intellectual arguments moved forward to the rational portion of the nation (that great "middle" third), he is not wrong to deliberately provoke the Left into more and more extreme acts.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 02:51:45 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

• Technical

I don't know why you're attempting to reason with them. They won't listen. They'll call you a leftist and a snowflake.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

I don't know why you're attempting to reason with them. They won't listen. They'll call you a leftist and a snowflake.

Yup. More interested in prodding the left than in actually doing anything worthwhile.

Offline libertybele

This judge has upped the ante on getting Sessions in place.

Agreed.  Both Sessions and Gorsuch are going to play a very pivotal role in the direction this country goes.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

I wish we still lived in a nation in which such a calm, explicative approach would convey the correctness of his position. Unfortunately, we are facing a Left that has become borderline fascist and hysterical in its methodology....violent riots, gangs of liberals assaulting conservative students on campus if they speak out of line or wear GOP friendly hats/clothes. We face groups which are following what are essentially Leninist tactics in provoking physical confrontations. Not an environment in which what you suggest can be perfectly effective. In some ways, we stand on the cusp of becoming a Weimar government....striving to adhere explicitly to the law and constitution while the radicals are assaulting us in the streets seeking to physically impose their will.

Trump's method IS provocative, and it is having the effect of fully exposing these radical tactics...and pushing the Left into an hysteria that shows the nation just how extreme they have become. I think his approach is the ONLY one that has a real chance of turning this ship around...and while agree that he can do more to get his intellectual arguments moved forward to the rational portion of the nation (that great "middle" third), he is not wrong to deliberately provoke the Left into more and more extreme acts.

@Mesaclone
@NavyCanDo

Trump wouldn't be trying to convince that particular crazed segment of the population.  He would be talking to everyone else.

I think NavyCanDo's proposal makes a lot of sense.

Offline anubias

Just who do you think would listen to his FDR "fireside chat"?  Twitter and its 140 character count is the method of communication with today's illiterates.  The media would choose bits and pieces to play making Trump out to be Mussolini and run 24/7. 

While I am chagrined by some of his tweets, they appear to be the method by which a POTUS can actually connect with "the people" these days.  I do wish he would bring it down a notch or two, but his bombastic manner is what keeps everyone tuned in to his tweets.  The tactic is actually brilliant irrespective of it's embarrassing nature.

Offline Cripplecreek

@Mesaclone
@NavyCanDo

Trump wouldn't be trying to convince that particular crazed segment of the population.  He would be talking to everyone else.

I think NavyCanDo's proposal makes a lot of sense.

Unfortunately the most extreme idiocy on both sides are in control and they're both daring the other side to shoot first.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The plaintiffs argue that Trump’s order violates the U.S. Constitution and federal law, including what they say is discrimination against a particular religion.

Maybe a temporary ban on all immigration would end this "discrimination".   :pondering:

Silver Pines

Unfortunately the most extreme idiocy on both sides are in control and they're both daring the other side to shoot first.

True.

Offline Cripplecreek

True.

I hate to say it but I think this election was the gun in the mouth of American conservatism.

Silver Pines

Just who do you think would listen to his FDR "fireside chat"?  Twitter and its 140 character count is the method of communication with today's illiterates.  The media would choose bits and pieces to play making Trump out to be Mussolini and run 24/7. 

While I am chagrined by some of his tweets, they appear to be the method by which a POTUS can actually connect with "the people" these days.  I do wish he would bring it down a notch or two, but his bombastic manner is what keeps everyone tuned in to his tweets.  The tactic is actually brilliant irrespective of it's embarrassing nature.

@anubias

People would see it from the sources they normally use to view videos.  It could be streamed live from any number of news sites, and embedded on Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Truthfully I don't understand the contempt for Twitter.  The 140 character limit doesn't necessarily make it for "illiterates".  Like everything else, it depends on what you're taking in.  I've found a huge amount of valuable information there from Ben Shapiro, Steve Deace, John Podhoretz, Jonah Goldberg, and others.  All of their authored articles are linked on their timelines. 

Of course, you can also find a lot of off-the-wall humor to go along with your news.  There's nothing wrong with that.

Silver Pines

I hate to say it but I think this election was the gun in the mouth of American conservatism.

I've seen that opinion more than once and I tend to agree.  Reagan conservatism has been replaced by angry populism.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So are you just somewhere in the middle as a bystander giving opinions?

That is Sooooo helpful
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

• Technical

Depends on how Trump does. If he's successful, his brand will become dominant. If he's not, his brand of conservatism will end up discredited.

Offline Cripplecreek

Depends on how Trump does. If he's successful, his brand will become dominant. If he's not, his brand of conservatism will end up discredited.

Done in either case, Trumpian progressive populism will be crushed under the weight of the democrats his childish taunting have stirred to action. In the coming years we'll be seeing record numbers of democrats who will get out and vote no matter how pathetic their candidates are.

Meanwhile the orange baboon is deliberately trying to de-legitimze the American form of government with comments like "So called judges"

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Once again, it is the Judges in this country who are our biggest problem. **nononono*

And Obama has FLOODED the courts with radical Leftist judges loyal to him and his ideology.

All done to ensure there was no possible way to unravel his 'fundamental transformation'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I've seen that opinion more than once and I tend to agree.  Reagan conservatism has been replaced by angry populism.

That NEVER ends well for liberty.

Ever.

But… I think we are far too gone culturally to ever return to a notion of a civil society, which is the only environment Reagan/limited government Conservatism could exist.

The bulk of the population either want their king and dictator or have made the government their god and provider or both.  Payback, revenge, imposition, violence and eradication are now the main motivation on all sides of current divisions.

There is no putting that genie back in the bottle.  We are now fully balkanized, with the society standing in a pool of gasoline just waiting for that spark to set it all off.

Notwithstanding all the shock and ground troops that the Left, the GOP and Obama have placed here from South America and Jihad-sponsoring countries.  The outcome is virtually guaranteed.

Fundamental change has indeed happened.

Most refused to notice it when it was able to be arrested.  Now it is too late.

We are now France cira 1790, and I expect the results will be similar, if not more horrific.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

• Technical
And Obama has FLOODED the courts with radical Leftist judges loyal to him and his ideology.

All done to ensure there was no possible way to unravel his 'fundamental transformation'.

Yeah and we can flood the courts with judges we want now to make it t right. No need to tweet like a moron.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I think clear and vicious confrontations with the Judiciary are a good course of action.   Trump clearly has the constitutional authority to suspend whatever class of people from entering the country,  and for whatever reason he deems fit. 

This judges is absolutely wrong, and the sooner the judiciary realizes they aren't playing with a wimp who won't fight back,   the sooner the country will be on the road to recovery from our decades of judicial activism. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Yup. More interested in prodding the left than in actually doing anything worthwhile.

I think antagonizing the left is very worthwhile.   I've said for years that Republicans should have called Obama a liar to his face,  and shown him utter disrespect at every turn.   I think it would have provoked a fit throwing meltdown on his part.   

There are multiple levels to this game.  At the bedrock level,  "The Dozens"  is what it is all about.   You have to play "the Dozens"  or you aren't really in the game.   

You should read this book. 

It gives you great insight into why people do what they do,  and what you need to do to motivate them. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —