Author Topic: The march to nowhere  (Read 445 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The march to nowhere
« on: February 04, 2017, 11:40:42 am »
The march to nowhere
By Joan Swirsky

A day or two before the inauguration of President Donald J. Trump on January 20, 2017, I watched a reporter interviewing five attractive, intelligent, articulate women from California, who were all making the long cross-country trip to the Women's March on Washington on January 21st.

Amazingly, not one woman was able to express a persuasive or even rational reason for the trip, but instead resorted to time-worn platitudes, bromides, and leftist talking points about "unity" and "solidarity" and "getting the message out." Um...what message?

At the March itself, I was struck by the fact that women who pride themselves on their intelligence resorted to reading their statements, never veering a syllable off the scripts that were clearly written for them – scripts, by the way, that were not only boilerplate and banal, but shockingly blasphemous.

Madonna, punctuating her statement with foul-mouthed obscenities, looked down at her script, then lifted her head to speak into the microphone. "I'm angry." Pause. Again, she looked at her script, then read: "I'm outraged." (Very difficult lines to memorize, to be sure). Pause. Again, back to the script where she read about her fantasy of "blowing up the White House."

More: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/swirsky/170202

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: The march to nowhere
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 11:43:10 am »
Thank you for this. Good article.