Author Topic: SEALs Knew ‘They Were Screwed From Beginning’ In Fatal Yemen Raid, Went Into Battle Anyway  (Read 960 times)

rangerrebew

SEALs Knew ‘They Were Screwed From Beginning’ In Fatal Yemen Raid, Went Into Battle Anyway
Photo of Saagar Enjeti
Saagar Enjeti
Reporter
9:33 AM 02/02/2017

U.S. Navy SEALs knew al-Qaida terrorists were alerted to their impending raid deep inside Yemen Saturday, but continued the operation anyway.

U.S. officials say they are unsure how the terrorist group figured out the upcoming raid. Local tribal elders speculated that the group was suspicious because U.S. drones were flying lower than normal, and emitting audible engine noise.

As the terrorists prepared for the SEALs’ arrival, the U.S. intercepted their communications. The SEALs were a mere five miles away and chose to press on, despite knowing it would be a bloody firefight.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/02/seals-knew-they-were-screwed-from-beginning-in-fatal-yemen-raid-went-into-battle-anyway/#ixzz4Xd0aaYUe

Offline endicom

From this, it looks like they should have called it off. But then, the next news story could change that perception.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's obvious (to me)   that it was Barack Hussein Obama or Valerie Jarrett who leaked advance notice of the raid.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's obvious (to me)   that it was Barack Hussein Obama or Valerie Jarrett who leaked advance notice of the raid.

It's a horrible thought, but it does make you wonder, doesn't it?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If they had doubts it was up to the CO leading this Op to cancel it........if this story is even true.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
SEALS get the option to abort and many times do.

One of my friends was SF and I was surprised when he told me that he turned down operations all the time, especially when embedded with regular troops.
Countdown to Resignation

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
SEALS get the option to abort and many times do.

One of my friends was SF and I was surprised when he told me that he turned down operations all the time, especially when embedded with regular troops.

Exactly..that is why this story stinks...what CO would continue an Op if they thought it had been compromised...none!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Don't we have robots and machines that can do this kind of stuff?