Author Topic: Dem Senator Compares Trump’s Immigration Order to Japanese Internment Camps  (Read 1160 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Dem Senator Compares Trump’s Immigration Order to Japanese Internment Camps

http://freebeacon.com/politics/democratic-senator-compares-trumps-immigration-order-japanese-internment-camps/

Sen. Mazie Hirono (D., Hawaii) told MSNBC's Jacob Soboroff on Tuesday that President Trump's temporary immigration ban specifically targets Muslims before comparing the executive order to Japanese internment camps during World War II.

Soboroff first played a clip of Sen. Orrin Hatch (R., Utah) blasting Senate Democrats for boycotting confirmation votes for two of Trump's Cabinet nominees: Steve Mnuchin for treasury secretary and Tom Price for health and human services secretary.

"This is one of the most alarming things that I've seen in my whole 40 years in the United States Senate. There is a fellow and a woman on the other side that I do not care for," Hatch said. "I care for every one of them. Normally they're very honorable and decent people. That's why it's so shocking to me that they're not here."

"All of these people are being voted no by all of the Democrats. What's the matter with the other party? Are they that bitter about Donald Trump?" Hatch added.

Soboroff asked Hirono to respond to Hatch's statement and say whether she is bitter about Trump being the president. Hirono said that she is not bitter about Trump but instead is focused on Trump's actions, saying they speak louder than words.

"Right now, every day that goes by, we're not even into week two of the Trump presidency and already he has issued an executive order that has raised concerns all over the world, including, of course, our own country, and that is his executive order on immigration that targets Muslims," Hirono said.

Hirono said that every time the U.S. government goes down the path of targeting a minority group, history proves government wrong.

"Every time we go down that path to target a minority group, history proves us to be very, very wrong. It happened with American Indians, slavery, with the Chinese Exclusion Act, with the Japanese internment. Therefore, if we don't stand up to this executive order now, we will be complicit," Hirono said.

Hirono is not the first Democrat to compare Trump's executive order to the Japanese internment camps of World War II. Rep. Mark Takano (D., Calif.) made the comparison on Monday while speaking on the House floor, the Hill reported.

snip

--------------------------------------------------

Mark off another square on your Bullshit Bingo card, folks.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So he's saying that Trump is no better that the hero of the Democrat Party...none other that FDR himself?

Seriously..do the staffers for these idiots not vet what their boss is going to say before they step to a damn microphone?

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline endicom

The infamous internment camps were actually relocation camps for U.S. citizens. Had the issue been alien detention camps then there wouldn't have been an issue.

Offline Norm Lenhart

I'm fine with Democrat interment camps. Preferably offshore. They earned their place in one.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Only certain categories were interned during WWII; Japanese in Conus but NOT in Hawaii, certain Italians and certain Germans. Did you know Italians and Germans were interned, too?

In the case of the West Coast, it was in part for the safety of the Japanese origin people, since Americans were  very, very unhappy about the bombings of Pearl Harbor.

Most me, under those circumstances, supported the internments. Unlike of course people decades later, with no grasp of those times.

There were nets to block Jap subs from entering West Coast Harbors, and the Japs attacked in California, Oregon and with balloons all across North America.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The infamous internment camps were actually relocation camps for U.S. citizens. Had the issue been alien detention camps then there wouldn't have been an issue.

So you have no problem with what FDR did to American citizens?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Afraid not

http://lawnewz.com/celebrity/on-trial-lawsuits-against-trump-on-muslim-immigration-ban-will-fail-fast/

"First, the Constitution gives Congress the right to determine naturalization, and Congress gives the President express power to do as he did. Section 1182 of Title 8 directs the President can “by proclamation” suspend entry of “all aliens or any class of aliens” as the President “may deem appropriate” whenever the President merely “finds” any such alien group “would be detrimental” to the interests of the United States."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I have no problem, whatsoever. My father who later got a Purple Heart on Okinawa, built the Heart Mountain facility in Wyoming

My mother lived in suburban sprawling SoCal, where the Japs were likely to strike. They did shell the oil field at Elwood, Calif. They also shell the coast of Oregon.

Most Americans supported it, at the time. It was in part for the safety of the Japanese origin people, too. Many Americans were very upset, and might have killed them on the streets.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I have no problem, whatsoever. My father who later got a Purple Heart on Okinawa, built the Heart Mountain facility in Wyoming

My mother lived in suburban sprawling SoCal, where the Japs were likely to strike. They did shell the oil field at Elwood, Calif. They also shell the coast of Oregon.

Most Americans supported it, at the time. It was in part for the safety of the Japanese origin people, too. Many Americans were very upset, and might have killed them on the streets.

Just...wow...

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Just...wow...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_American_service_in_World_War_II

442nd Regimental Combat Team

The 442nd Regimental Combat Team was an all-Nisei U.S. Army regiment which served in Europe during World War II. Japanese Americans already in training at the start of the war had been removed from active duty shortly after Pearl Harbor, and the Army stopped accepting new Nisei recruits in early 1942.[3] However, Japanese American leaders like Mike Masaoka and War Department officials like John J. McCloy soon began to push the Roosevelt administration to allow Nisei to serve in combat. A military board was convened in June 1942 to address the issue, but their final report opposed forming a Nisei unit, citing "the universal distrust in which they [Japanese Americans] are held."[5] Despite resistance from military and War Relocation Authority leaders, the President eventually sided with the War Department, and on February 1, 1943, Roosevelt announced the creation of a segregated battalion composed of Nisei soldiers and commanded by white officers.[3] While the first group of volunteers fought in Europe as part of the 100th Infantry Battalion, additional recruits and draftees began combat training at Camp Shelby. The 1st Battalion of the 442nd soon after began sending replacement troops to join the 100th, which suffered an extremely high casualty rate, and the 2nd and 3rd Battalions shipped out on May 1, 1944, joining the 100th in Italy the next month.[6] These men arrived in Europe after the 100th Infantry Battalion had already established its reputation as a fighting unit, and in time, the 442nd became, for its size and length of service, the most decorated unit in U.S. military history.[4]
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

Dem Senator Compares Trump’s Immigration Order to Japanese Internment Camps

I'm thinking Fred Korematsu might not agree with that.

Offline endicom

From which orifice did you pull that?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

From which orifice did you pull that?

Your mouth...your words.

Hence the reason I asked for clarification.

Offline endicom

Your mouth...your words.

Hence the reason I asked for clarification.

Nope. You've again attempted to smear through insinuation. If you have an accusation to make then make it and then back it up.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Nope. You've again attempted to smear through insinuation. If you have an accusation to make then make it and then back it up.

I simply asked for clarification... if you were saying what it seemed like you were saying.

You've taken what could have been a simple yes or no situation and turned it into a significant emotional event for yourself.

I suggest a switch to decaf and stop reading into what I say things that aren't there in order to feed your grievance mill.

Offline endicom

I simply asked for clarification... if you were saying what it seemed like you were saying.

Stop pussyfooting. What did it seem to you that I was saying?