Author Topic: First Lady Melania Trump May Stay in NYC Permanently and Never Move Into the White House  (Read 3062 times)

Wingnut

Melania's a 21st century Bess Truman.

888high58888   

And like Bess,  the Press will ridicule her.

Online libertybele

Melania as far as I know, is the only First Lady with a very thick accent and a former model.  She is indeed a beautiful woman with a keen sense of fashion and in that aspect she makes a very dignified looking and lovely First Lady indeed until she speaks ... her accent is difficult to understand.  Looking back at the Salute to our Armed Services ball, she spoke for a few minutes and unfortunately things would have been better off had she not spoken at all. Just sayin'.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HonestJohn

Then Trump better be the one picking up the security tab.

Silver Pines

The optics of that photo is poor.  Not exactly gentlemanly.

@anubias

Agreed. 

By the way, welcome!

Online corbe

Melania Trump hires chief of staff

By Paulina Firozi - 02/01/17 08:10 PM EST   92comments

More than a week after President Trump took office, first lady Melania Trump has announced her chief of staff.

Lindsay Reynolds previously served in the White House during in George W. Bush’s administration, according to a White House release. Reynolds will serve as Melania Trump’s top staffer, managing her day-to-day schedule.

Reynolds said she is working to fill out the first lady’s staff as well as the White House visitor’s office and to open the White House to the public following a “traditional temporary closure during the transition period.”
“I look forward to the opportunity to serve as the First Lady’s Chief of Staff," Reynolds said in the White House release.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/317476-melania-trump-announces-her-chief-of-staff

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

Then Trump better be the one picking up the security tab.

Next time you have a thought.  Let it go.

HonestJohn

Next time you have a thought.  Let it go.

I should say the same back. 

Wingnut

I should say the same back.

Could Have. Should have. Would have.  That is what losers say.

HonestJohn

Could Have. Should have. Would have.  That is what losers say.

Yes, I know.

:whistle:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Personally I figure their marriage and whatever kind of arrangement they have is up to them.  I don't approve, though, because it will deprive me of seeing her fashion choices.

He isn't always cold and distant with her.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
He isn't always cold and distant with her.

What a disgusting thing to say.   
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online libertybele

Melania Trump hires chief of staff

By Paulina Firozi - 02/01/17 08:10 PM EST   92comments

More than a week after President Trump took office, first lady Melania Trump has announced her chief of staff.

Lindsay Reynolds previously served in the White House during in George W. Bush’s administration, according to a White House release. Reynolds will serve as Melania Trump’s top staffer, managing her day-to-day schedule.

Reynolds said she is working to fill out the first lady’s staff as well as the White House visitor’s office and to open the White House to the public following a “traditional temporary closure during the transition period.”
“I look forward to the opportunity to serve as the First Lady’s Chief of Staff," Reynolds said in the White House release.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/317476-melania-trump-announces-her-chief-of-staff

Thanks for the info.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
What a disgusting thing to say.   

What are you talking about? He isn't being cold or distant like he was accused upthread. He seemed to also be courteous, not leaving her behind walking ahead of her (which with the previous image could have been protocol or something the secret service directed).

Offline NavyCanDo

New York is where I want to stay, I get allergic smelling hay, I just adore a penthouse view, darling I love you but give me Park Avenue.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Polly Ticks

On a personal level, the traditional view is that a wife should be with her husband if they have a healthy relationship.  On a political level, the President and his wife living in two separate places necessitates extra security and the extra expenditures to cover that security.  Either way you look at it, it is bad optics.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
On a personal level, the traditional view is that a wife should be with her husband if they have a healthy relationship.  On a political level, the President and his wife living in two separate places necessitates extra security and the extra expenditures to cover that security.  Either way you look at it, it is bad optics.

Its expensive for the city and for the rest of us.

Online libertybele

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
It appears that the story may be bogus --

Nice try but that only points out another waste of money hiring staff for someone who wasn't elected to a damn thing.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
New York is where I want to stay, I get allergic smelling hay, I just adore a penthouse view, darling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

:laugh:

Well DC is sorta rural compared to NYC.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Top notch.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

geronl

Melania as far as I know, is the only First Lady with a very thick accent and a former model.  She is indeed a beautiful woman with a keen sense of fashion and in that aspect she makes a very dignified looking and lovely First Lady indeed until she speaks ....

dignified? lol, she posed nude for pics, I wouldn't use that word.