Author Topic: Police Arrest Medford Man for Posting Hate Speech Flyers in Downtown Ashland (Oregon)  (Read 742 times)

Wingnut

Can't get him for hate speech. Bust him for littering!  WOnder if the ACLU will defend him?

Authorities have arrested a Medford man for posting hate-speech flyers in downtown Ashland last Sunday night.

Detectives with the Ashland Police Department arrested 28-year-old Justin Anthony Marbury on Tuesday and charged him with five counts of Criminal Mischief.

Marbury is accused of posting flyers referencing white supremacy and the Nazi party. An investigation was launched following several complaints from citizens.

Ashland Police Chief Tighe O’Meara said it is important to note that Marbury was arrested for defacing private property with the flyers, not directly for what the flyers contained.

However, Chief O’Meara said the police department also recognizes the incendiary nature of the flyers made this situation more alarming and concerning to members of the community.

While hate speech is protected under the United States and Oregon Constitutions, the Ashland Police Department vows to do everything it can to ensure all members of the community feel as safe as possible from perceived threats to their safety.

http://www.kajo.com/news/local/stories.php?subaction=showfull&id=1485337899&ucat=2,4

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
And throw away the key (not literally).
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Frank Cannon

What the hell is a Cascabien?

Wingnut

Offline anubias

Cascadian National Resistance.    **nononono*

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It's really that he defaced private property; as much as I would hate to see these posted anywhere, people post a lot of things on telephone polls and the like but I have not seen offensive things. Is that still private property? I don't know. 

Wingnut

It's really that he defaced private property; as much as I would hate to see these posted anywhere, people post a lot of things on telephone polls and the like but I have not seen offensive things. Is that still private property? I don't know.

Well, I could be wrong, but I bet the guy hanging "Lost Cat" or "Garage sale" signs on those same polls didn't get hauled off to jail.

Just say'n

Offline mountaineer

Probably printed by the G. Soros Printshop.  ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Cascadian National Resistance.    **nononono*
@Frank Cannon

A Cascabien is a Cascadian after they throw away the key.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley