Author Topic: House Dems to Trump: Boot Bannon from National Security Council  (Read 783 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Dems to Trump: Boot Bannon from National Security Council
« on: February 01, 2017, 03:52:31 pm »
House Dems to Trump: Boot Bannon from National Security Council
By Mark Hensch - 02/01/17 10:37 AM EST

A handful of House Democrats are calling on President Trump to remove his chief strategist Steve Bannon from the National Security Council (NSC).

“While we respect the traditional privilege of the presidency to shape the NSC to its unique needs, we strongly denounce Mr. Bannon’s inclusion in the Principals Committee and standing invitation to attend National Security Council meetings,” the five lawmakers wrote in a letter set to be delivered to Trump on Wednesday, according to Yahoo News.

“[We] demand you immediately undo the politicization of America’s national security,” they added. "It is completely dangerous and morally reprehensible.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/317315-house-dems-to-trump-boot-bannon-off-nsc
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: House Dems to Trump: Boot Bannon from National Security Council
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 03:55:12 pm »
demand.....I love that word..makes me dig in my heels.....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 04:18:35 pm »
I don't like Bannon, but this actually makes sense to me.  How are we worse off if Trump's closest advisor is better informed on issues of national security?

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 04:23:33 pm »
I don't like Bannon, but this actually makes sense to me.  How are we worse off if Trump's closest advisor is better informed on issues of national security?

YEAH! Great point. And besides, the Eightball Obama had Valerie Jarrett in those meetings. That way she could continue to do his job for him, as she did most of the time with everything else so the Eightball could concentrate on what was most important to him - golf, politics, and buffing Reggie Love's helmet.
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 04:26:33 pm »

:shrug:  Not a Bannon fan either, but it's Trump's decision, really. Bannon has already hurt the President with this last order. Hopefully Trump realizes that.

Trump will just hurt Trump if he continues.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 05:05:25 pm »
demand.....I love that word..makes me dig in my heels.....
Trump should reply "I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means "no". " :tongue2:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 05:07:42 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/317347-dem-offers-bill-to-remove-bannon-from-security-council

Dem offers bill to remove Bannon from Security Council
By Cristina Marcos - 02/01/17 11:58 AM EST

New Democratic legislation introduced on Wednesday would kick President Trump’s top political adviser, Steve Bannon, off the National Security Council.

An executive memorandum issued by Trump over the weekend gave Bannon a seat on the National Security Council, which traditionally has been composed solely of top administration officials specializing in foreign affairs and security.

Trump’s move also de-emphasizes the roles of the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the director of national intelligence so that they only attend meetings related to topics limited to their specific roles.

continued
Support the USO