Author Topic: Democrats line up against Trump's Supreme Court pick  (Read 1262 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats line up against Trump's Supreme Court pick
« on: February 01, 2017, 03:14:41 am »
Democrats line up against Trump's Supreme Court pick
By Jonathan Easley - 01/31/17 09:35 PM EST

Democrats in the Senate quickly rallied in opposition to President Trump’s selection of Neil Gorsuch to succeed Anton Scalia on the Supreme Court.

The early opposition lays the groundwork for a bitter battle between Republicans, who are enthused by Trump’s pick, and Democrats, who are still angered by the GOP’s blockade of former President Obama’s pick.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) railed against Gorsuch's record and said she would oppose his nomination.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/317261-democrats-line-up-against-trumps-supreme-court-pick
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Re: Democrats line up against Trump's Supreme Court pick
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 03:16:14 am »
Always with the fist.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 03:19:45 am »
I'm going to enjoy watching the democrats twist themselves into pretzels trying to torpedo this guy! What a show!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 03:35:19 am »
I'm going to enjoy watching the democrats twist themselves into pretzels trying to torpedo this guy! What a show!

If Wigwam Warren is on the warpath over this, Trump must have indeed hit a home run with his nomination!  I wasn't impressed watching Trump's announcement and Gorsuch's speech, but I certainly feel a whole lot better now.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 03:41:23 am »
"Democrats line up against Trump's Supreme Court pick..."

Unexpected... ;)

Off-the-wall prediction:
The vote to confirm will be 51-50, with McCain and Graham voting with the democrats, and with President of the Senate Mike Pence casting the winning vote.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 03:48:31 am »
Boy oh boy, Piglosi is sure rattled by this calling it a "hostile nomination" and went on further to say something about him being against breathing clean air and kids with autism!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/31/politics/nancy-pelosi-town-hall-highlights/index.html

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 03:48:57 am »

Just wait til Ginsburg croaks. 

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 03:50:23 am »
"Democrats line up against Trump's Supreme Court pick..."

Unexpected... ;)

Off-the-wall prediction:
The vote to confirm will be 51-50, with McCain and Graham voting with the democrats, and with President of the Senate Mike Pence casting the winning vote.

That prediction is a non-starter, because you can bet McLame and Grahamnasty will side with Collins on saying "no" to the nuclear option.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 03:54:00 am »
I'm waiting to see what stupid thing...ill conceived and poorly drafted EO's...idiot Tweets... that Trump and his administration do to give the Dims an excuse to play games with the nomination :whistle:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 04:03:09 am »
Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) railed against Gorsuch's record and said she would oppose his nomination.

This dizzy bag of lies is underwater in her polling right now because people think she is a Leftist kook. Her going of the rails on this nominee should help push her into the 30's in no time.

Offline bilo

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 04:05:22 am »

Lets end the filibuster this time, so when she croaks an even stronger conservative can be put on the SCOTUS.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2017, 04:06:40 am »
I'm waiting to see what stupid thing...ill conceived and poorly drafted EO's...idiot Tweets... that Trump and his administration do to give the Dims an excuse to play games with the nomination :whistle:

If you haven't figured out that the Rats will obstruct and play games no matter what you haven't been paying attention.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2017, 04:12:52 am »

It doesn't matter what President Trump says or does, the DEMS are going to play their games regardless as they always do... they are still shocked that they didn't succeed in securing the majority in the Senate and that the Clinton dynasty that they were banking on for years is gone!  Now they are going to also lose any hope of nominating a liberal leftist mental midget to SCOTUS and there is also the possibility that Trump just may have the opportunity to appoint another justice.

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 04:31:19 am »
There are the 10 seats held by Democrats up for reelection in 2018 who represent states that Trump won in November. If Democrats obstruct Trump’s nominee..... they could take an ass whooping in the midterms and further erode the party’s power in the Senate.

Online libertybele

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 04:38:42 am »
There are the 10 seats held by Democrats up for reelection in 2018 who represent states that Trump won in November. If Democrats obstruct Trump’s nominee..... they could take an ass whooping in the midterms and further erode the party’s power in the Senate.

Now wouldn't that be just a crying shame!   :laughingdog:

Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 04:40:46 am »
Now wouldn't that be just a crying shame!   :laughingdog:

It would warm the cockles of my heart!   :laugh:

Silver Pines

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 11:59:58 am »
[/https://t.co/fj8ISmDw74
@Wingnut

Yep, precisely what Dana Loesch was talking about yesterday.  They're going to think long and hard before doing that.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 01:18:02 pm »

From all of the photos I've seen I think she passed about 2 years ago... :whistle:

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 01:31:22 pm »

Sexual harassment accusation in 5, 4, 3, 2, ....

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 01:40:04 pm »
That prediction is a non-starter, because you can bet McLame and Grahamnasty will side with Collins on saying "no" to the nuclear option.

Oh, I don't think so.  The key will be for Gorsuch himself to meet with and impress McCain,  Graham and Collins.  Gorsuch's credentials are strong, and the quality of his jurisprudence will, in the end, unite the GOP. 

Perhaps the solution is to invoke the nuclear option for Gorsuch, and then sunset it for the next SCOTUS candidate.  For those of us able to see the positions of both sides,  that seems reasonable - the opposition to Garland had everything to do with the reality that he would have replaced Scalia and altered the long-time balance of the Court.  Gorsuch maintains that balance,  so I'd think that even McCain,  Collins and Graham would agree to invoke the nuclear option in his situation,  so long as the minority's right to filibuster is maintained when the next Justice dies and must be replaced.   
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 01:41:25 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 01:42:47 pm »

Quite true - except that Trump is burning political capital at a furious rate.  If the next election is a referendum on Trump, then all bets are off.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Oceander

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 01:48:47 pm »
Quite true - except that Trump is burning political capital at a furious rate.  If the next election is a referendum on Trump, then all bets are off.   

If Trump keeps up with the stupidities, you are quite correct. 

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2017, 02:29:48 pm »

8 Democrat votes are needed to block a filibuster. Time for Trump to keep a low profile and pass the ball over to Republican leadership to get the job done.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn