Author Topic: InBev Super Bowl commercial is a beautiful tribute to its immigrant co-founder  (Read 2293 times)

Wingnut

For the past few Super Bowls, InBev's  commercials have been more light-hearted and sometimes emotional, thanks to those beloved Budweiser  Clydesdales. This year, however,InBev put out a commercial that touches on its origin story that’s also pretty relevant today, given the U.S.’s current turmoil over immigration and refugees.

The commercial shows the journey of Budweiser’s co-inventor, Adolphus Busch, as he travels from Germany to America perilously by boat, and gets questioned by a friend about why he would leave Germany. “I want to brew beer,” Busch says in English. From there, we see him entering America, but he faces more tribulations, including getting yelled at by angry locals who tell him to “go back home.” He eventually reaches St. Louis, the home of Budweiser, where he meets Eberhard Anheuser, who would later become his business partner. The commercial ends with the message, “When nothing stops your dream, this is the beer we drink.”

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/1/31/14455122/2017-super-bowl-commercials-budweiser-immigration

Offline endicom

The vice-president and ranking executive for Budweiser brand in the U.S., Ricardo Marques, claims that this is not related to what is currently going on in the country in regards to illegal immigration.

From ADWEEK:

“There’s really no correlation with anything else that’s happening in the country,” he says. “We believe this is a universal story that is very relevant today because probably more than any other period in history today the world pulls you in different directions, and it’s never been harder to stick to your guns.”

Translation: This is directly related to what is going on in the U.S. and we are standing with liberals across America because it’s the progressive thing to do.

More... http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/01/budweiser-attacks-americans-politically-motivated-superbowl-ad-immigration-stock-prices-plummet/

Wingnut

Bud drinker are not stupid.  InBev screwed the pooch on this one.

Offline montanajoe

You don't seriously think a Bud drinker is going to give up his Bud over a Super Bowl commercial...

Hell they probably won't even remember seeing it :shrug:

Offline anubias

Anheuser-Busch’s VP of U.S. Marketing, Paul Chibe, said 2012 represents the company’s largest spend to-date on multicultural marketing.

“More and more, consumers are looking for brands to be inclusive and connect with them on a cultural level,” Chibe said. “This shift in mindset has made multicultural marketing invaluable to our success, particularly with Hispanic beer drinkers, the fastest growing segment within the category.”

http://www.brewbound.com/news/the-hispanic-beer-equation

Offline Frank Cannon

Have you tried Bud?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 05:21:59 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Have you tried Bud?

Talk about a hanging curve ball...@Wingnut won't even get out of the first inning throwing that kind of stuff.

Offline NavyCanDo

If there is a political message hidden in the ad, it will get lost by the average viewer who will say, it  was no way as good as the one with the horse that made them tear up.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Just_Victor

If the ad is ready to air, wouldn't it have had to be completed quite a bit before Trump's EO on immigration?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 01:22:08 pm by Just_Victor »
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
There is a difference between legal and illegal immigration.

There's also a difference between budweiser and beer.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
InBev's discount contract with the NFL for their commercials expired last year. I hope they're paying full price again.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

HonestJohn

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 06:30:25 pm by HonestJohn »

HonestJohn

The commercial is more directed towards how the crowds have been reacting.  For they aren't asking if someone is legal or not before they start shouting.

Wingnut

Offline mountaineer

If the ad is ready to air, wouldn't it have had to be completed quite a bit before Trump's EO on immigration?
Trump's alleged anti-immigration stance has been complained of for months, though.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Norm Lenhart

Sex in a canoe beer.

Offline mountaineer

I could be wrong, but it looks as though 84 Lumber's Super Bowl ad will have an immigration theme, as well.

Wingnut

I could be wrong, but it looks as though 84 Lumber's Super Bowl ad will have an immigration theme, as well.

Damn illegal wood! 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
You don't seriously think a Bud drinker is going to give up his Bud over a Super Bowl commercial...

Hell they probably won't even remember seeing it :shrug:

I don't see the problem. Lots of legal immigrants have done very well in this country.

Offline goodwithagun

:beer: :amen:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

The whole ad is as thin as cow piss on a flat rock.

You just described the contents of a Budweiser can!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline mountaineer

Just How Leftist Are This Year's Super Bowl Ads? Check These Out.
By: James Barrett
February 5, 2017

As Daily Wire's John Nolte put it, "Super Bowl 51 completes the left's hyper-politicization of absolutely everything." Despite struggling to keep viewers amid changing viewing habits and the insufferable anti-American/anti-police National Anthem protests, the wizards of smart at the NFL decided to go all in on the politics this year.

So the NFL invited outspoken leftist Lady Gaga to lecture viewers about "equality" and "inclusion" — which we all know really means telling Middle America to stop being sexist/racist/xenophobic/Islamophobic and all around ignorant. Then they asked the only cast of a musical in the country that humiliated Vice President Mike Pence, the Hamilton cast, to sing "America the Beautiful." Then there are the ads, which include a super-feminist Audi ad and two immigration lectures.

Ad agency Venables Bell & Partners produced an edgy, angry feminist equal pay/girl power ad for Audi titled "Daughter," premised on all the usual feminist myths about the pay gap and how much America hates women. The only thing missing is any reference to America's mythic "rape culture." Here's how the ad starts:

"What do I tell my daughter? Do I tell her her grandpa is worth more than her grandma? That her dad is worth more than her mom? Do I tell her that despite her education, her drive, her skills, her intelligence, she will automatically be valued as less than every man she meets?"

By the way, the answer to all your questions, narrator guy, is "no" because you've got the wrong country. Set this in the Middle East and now we've got a conversation .... 

Offline mountaineer

HuffPost: Budweiser’s ‘Immigration’ Super Bowl Ad Triggers Boycott Threat

Joe Walsh ‏@WalshFreedom 3h3 hours ago
Budweiser has a right to get political & support illegals, and we have a right to boycott Budweiser. That's America.

Wingnut

You just described the contents of a Budweiser can!

Close.  Bud is a glass of goat piss with the foam farted off.