Author Topic: About 900 State Department officials sign dissent memo: source  (Read 697 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
About 900 State Department officials sign dissent memo: source
« on: January 31, 2017, 11:21:48 pm »
About 900 State Department officials sign dissent memo: source
[Reuters]
ReutersJanuary 31, 2017

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Roughly 900 U.S. State Department officials signed an internal dissent memo critical of President Donald Trump's travel ban for refugees and immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries, a source familiar with the document said on Tuesday.

A senior State Department official confirmed that the memorandum in the department's "dissent channel" had been submitted to management.

White House spokesman Sean Spicer said on Monday he was aware of the memo but warned career diplomats that they should either "get with the program or they can go."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/900-state-department-officials-sign-dissent-memo-source-204236825.html?ref=gs
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: About 900 State Department officials sign dissent memo: source
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 12:30:26 am »
A list that make it easy to determine who should be fired next.  They should remember the ATC workers Reagan fired.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 12:33:40 am »
A list that make it easy to determine who should be fired next.  They should remember the ATC workers Reagan fired.

Yup. Sign 900 pink slips and move ahead with fixing the country. Any job I ever worked required me to do my job. I didn't have to like it and I could leave if I didn't. Employment is not a democracy. Employees don't get to vote.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 01:13:32 am »
IMO, they're all violating their oath of office.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 01:22:03 am »
If that was the hill they wanted to die on.  They choose unwisely.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 01:34:37 am »

Oh, I can think of something more entertaining than that for them..... like canvassing door to door in Sudan for Christian refugees.

Think in pairs.. on bikes like those Latter Day Saint people.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass