Author Topic: Cruz: Trump Supreme Court Pick Will Get Confirmed  (Read 777 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Cruz: Trump Supreme Court Pick Will Get Confirmed
« on: January 31, 2017, 09:22:33 pm »
I'm hoping Trump won't disappoint on his selection ... this is the moment I've been waiting for...Trump appointing a true conservative to the SCOTUS.

Cruz: Trump Supreme Court Pick Will Get Confirmed

Sen. Ted Cruz says Democrats will not be able to block President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nomination, even if Republicans have to find a different way around them, Politico reports.

"The Democrats are not going to succeed in filibustering the Supreme Court nominee," Cruz said Tuesday during an interview with Politico. "All procedural options are on the table. The bottom line is we will confirm a strong conservative to replace Justice [Antonin] Scalia."

Cruz even floated the idea of changing the filibuster's 60-vote threshold on high court nominees. His comments come a day after Democrat Sen. Jeff Merkley predicted Democrats would launch a filibuster.

"This is a stolen seat. This is the first time a Senate majority has stolen a seat," Merkley told Politico. "We will use every lever in our power to stop this. ... I will definitely object to a simple majority."...

...Republicans refused to give Merrick Garland, former President Barack Obama's pick to replace Scalia, a vote or a hearing.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/cruz-trump-scotus-pick/2017/01/31/id/771327/
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 09:23:02 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline endicom

Re: Cruz: Trump Supreme Court Pick Will Get Confirmed
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 09:32:13 pm »
Gorsuch is being written of as being a virtual drop-in replacement for Scalia. If he is, and he is the pick, then a lot of people should be happy.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 09:34:40 pm »
Gorsuch is being written of as being a virtual drop-in replacement for Scalia. If he is, and he is the pick, then a lot of people should be happy.

This single thing alone justifies my decision to vote for Orange Glorious.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 09:37:39 pm »
even if he nominates Barack Obama, he'll be confirmed

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 10:13:28 pm »
even if he nominates Barack Obama, he'll be confirmed

??? Gee and people told me I was pessimistic!  :shrug:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 12:23:21 am »
This single thing alone justifies my decision to vote for Orange Glorious.

Yes it does. But we dont need to be pining for Donald's failure to implement conservatism .
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 12:39:37 am »
And still we're waiting for Sessions to be confirmed.

Sorry, I don't see McConnell growing any testicles to fill his empty sack anytime soon.  The only testosterone he displays are when he goes to war against his former Conservative base.

I don't know where people ignore what is happening right in front of their face as assume that their future desire is going to be achieved without a full-frontal effort to derail it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 12:46:05 am »

I don't know where people ignore what is happening right in front of their face as assume that their future desire is going to be achieved without a full-frontal effort to derail it.

Agreed ... leadership hasn't changed in the Senate nor has it changed in the House. One of the biggest obstructionist has been the "Turtle' himself!