Author Topic: Rush: Trump’s Executive Order Isn’t a Travel Ban  (Read 666 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Trump’s Executive Order Isn’t a Travel Ban
« on: January 31, 2017, 07:53:05 pm »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/01/31/trumps-executive-order-isnt-a-travel-ban/

Trump’s Executive Order Isn’t a Travel Ban

Jan 31, 2017

RUSH: When we get a good question on the phones, I will broom the show prep and I will go to the phones, and we got a good one here. And we have another — this is a Millennial? Yeah, qualifies as a Millennial. Millennials are being born in 1984 forward, so this is Nicole in Jacksonville, Florida, says she’s 19. How are you doing, Nicole? What’s happening?

CALLER: Rush, I’m doing fine. It’s an honor to talk to you, Mr. Limbaugh. I’ve been trying to get through to you for two weeks now. I’ve been listening to you since I was 14 years old. I’m Democratic, but I voted for Trump. I just wanted to get your insight on the travel ban, because what Trump is doing right now, he’s just stopping so much crime from coming into the country and people trying to do harm to the country and people just need to give him a chance and just let him tackle it.

RUSH: Well, you know, it’s a great question because of the answer. And the answer to the question is, you know, why aren’t the Democrats giving Trump a chance, why are they reacting this way. Honestly, I don’t mean to sound trite, and I’m gonna back this up with an explanation, Nicole. You will not understand this intellectually unless you understand liberalism. You won’t understand this behavior. You might not like it. You might think the Democrats are crazy. You might think it’s a bit over the top, but you won’t really understand it until you understand liberalism and what its purpose is.

And, in this case, this is not a travel ban, folks. All this is is a temporary attempt to further vet certain refugees from six countries and Syria where the vast majority of terrorist activity has come from. It is an effort to keep America safe. It is also Trump fulfilling a campaign promise. His Homeland Security director — I just got the audio soundbite, not enough time to play it — John Kelly, Homeland Security secretary, John Kelly held a press conference today and during the Q&A, he was asked, “When did you learn specifically Trump would sign the executive order?”

And Kelly says (paraphrasing), “A year and a half ago during the campaign when he told me he was gonna do it. I’ve known since I first met Trump that he was gonna do this.” This is not a travel ban. Everybody that was detained has been released. It’s exactly what Trump said it was going to be: further vetting to keep America safe. In large part here he’s fulfilling a campaign promise.

The left simply seizes an opportunity to recast this and recharacterize this as something that it’s not, to portray Trump as a violator of human rights and civil rights, which is two areas the left thinks that they own, and it’s an opportunity for protest and resistance, which has become their strategy just for the purpose of it. They don’t even need specific reason. The Supreme Court nomination tonight is gonna launch another round of this, another wave of this, and it doesn’t matter what Trump does, until they beat it back, this is going to keep happening. They don’t want Trump to succeed. They don’t want to give him a chance at all.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34