Author Topic: Trump is taking the Bannon Way, and it will end in disaster  (Read 903 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump is taking the Bannon Way, and it will end in disaster
« on: January 31, 2017, 02:43:00 pm »
The Trump White House is engulfed in a firestorm that it ignited. The Democrats and the media supplied the gasoline.
[/color]http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-goldberg-bannon-way-20170131-story.html

Offline Suppressed

Re: Trump is taking the Bannon Way, and it will end in disaster
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 03:16:48 pm »
... If Trump had given agency professionals 30 days to review his order on refugees, he could have avoided the confusion at airports, not to mention the media hysteria and the protests. And if his communications team had been given time, they could have preempted some of the wild claims made by Democratic detractors.

They went another way: The Bannon Way. According to CNN, when lawyers at the Department of Homeland Security concluded that the executive order banning travelers from seven countries did not include legal permanent residents — a.k.a. green card holders — senior strategist Steven Bannon led the charge to countermand the ruling. Hence the airport mess.

Over the weekend, Bannon also succeeded in getting himself put on the National Security Council’s principals committee. This would not be unlike a President Hillary Clinton putting David Brock on the NSC. ...

Bannon is out there bragging about the chaos and confusion they're causing. Alinskyism on our side.  This isn't mere incompetence or lack of experience.  They don't care about the disruptions it causes in the lives of the "little people".

Previous Administration : "never let a crisis go to waste"
This one: "create crises"
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 03:20:42 pm »
I see trouble brewing over the Russia sanctions.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 03:25:43 pm »
I see trouble brewing over the Russia sanctions.

Agreed.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 03:25:49 pm »
Good analogy with David Brock.  Bannon brings out the worst in President Trump, and is likely the one urging him to sow chaos for its own sake.   

The deliberate cultivation of enemies is no recipe for success.  A week into his Presidency,  the endgame is starting to become clear.   And it will not end well, I'm afraid.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 03:26:36 pm »
Bannon is out there bragging about the chaos and confusion they're causing. Alinskyism on our side.  This isn't mere incompetence or lack of experience.  They don't care about the disruptions it causes in the lives of the "little people".

Previous Administration : "never let a crisis go to waste"
This one: "create crises"

Causing disruption in the lives of people is a means to an end with Alinskyites. I haven't forgotten the recording of the SEIU head admitting that they want people to lose their homes and feel pain so they would beg for the SEIU to help them.

Bannon has also praised Satan as a great disruptor.

1. One’s concern with the ethics of means and ends varies inversely with one’s personal interest in the issue.

2. The judgment of the ethics of means is dependent upon the political position of those sitting in judgment.

3. In war the end justifies almost any means.

4. Judgment must be made in the context of the times in which the action occurred and not from any other chronological vantage point.

5. Concern with ethics increases with the number of means available and vice versa.

6. The less important the end to be desired, the more one can afford to engage in ethical evaluations of means.

7. Generally, success or failure is a mighty determinant of ethics.

8. The morality of a means depends upon whether the means is being employed at a time of imminent defeat or imminent victory.

9. Any effective means is automatically judged by the opposition as being unethical.

10. You do what you can with what you have and clothe it with moral garments.

11. Goals must be phrased in general terms like “Liberty, Equality, Fraternity,” “Of the Common Welfare,” “Pursuit of Happiness,” or “Bread and Peace.”

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 03:28:19 pm »
I think this whole muslim refugee issue is a manufactured distraction from Trump. It's designed to gloss over this Supreme Court pick. Obama was great at doing it and I'm sure Donny took note.

Offline beandog

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 05:59:26 pm »
If Bannon is responsbile for what Preident the Donald is doing then I'm a new fan of Bannon.  Wish Bush had had someone like him. ****slapping