Author Topic: Ted Cruz Statement on Firing of Acting Attorney General  (Read 5854 times)

Offline Victoria33

Re: Ted Cruz Statement on Firing of Acting Attorney General
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2017, 03:03:52 pm »
@jpsb
@Mod1
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak 

jpsb you said: "I wasn't going to point out that there is a lot of hate Trump on this site but then I read @Cripplecreek s comment so I decided to come back and let you know that there is a lot of hate here too."

Let's discuss the word, "hate".  I don't use that word unless I am speaking of the word itself.  I don't accuse anyone of "hating" if they don't agree with me.  The word "hate" is easy to use, fast to type, so people throw the word around, accusing each other of hating when there is any disagreement.  I and others are accused of "hating" for that reason - throw the word "hate" in there.  I don't hate anyone, including Trump - I try to stick to facts when I write as do numerous others.  Calling people names and calling them "haters" is used by people who think superficially instead of being thoughtful when they write.  They use it to cause trouble on purpose.  That is why I have some people on Ignore - not going to respond to those who use the "hate" word as they can't be reasoned with.  If the word, "hate" was outlawed on this site and on TOS, people would have to "think" and perhaps write better responses based on facts. The "hate" word is not going away, but perhaps some will stop using that word. 

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2017, 03:09:42 pm »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2017, 03:11:23 pm »
@jpsb
@Mod1
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak 

jpsb you said: "I wasn't going to point out that there is a lot of hate Trump on this site but then I read @Cripplecreek s comment so I decided to come back and let you know that there is a lot of hate here too."

Let's discuss the word, "hate".  I don't use that word unless I am speaking of the word itself.  I don't accuse anyone of "hating" if they don't agree with me.  The word "hate" is easy to use, fast to type, so people throw the word around, accusing each other of hating when there is any disagreement.  I and others are accused of "hating" for that reason - throw the word "hate" in there.  I don't hate anyone, including Trump - I try to stick to facts when I write as do numerous others.  Calling people names and calling them "haters" is used by people who think superficially instead of being thoughtful when they write.  They use it to cause trouble on purpose.  That is why I have some people on Ignore - not going to respond to those who use the "hate" word as they can't be reasoned with.  If the word, "hate" was outlawed on this site and on TOS, people would have to "think" and perhaps write better responses based on facts. The "hate" word is not going away, but perhaps some will stop using that word.

Well said!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2017, 03:16:48 pm »
Irony is that one of the biggest bleep stirrers here overlooking the fact there is an extreme amount of hate for people here that don't support Trump as well.

There's like a .01% of people on each side of this issue...the extreme fringe that do nothing but play the victim card claiming the other side rules the roost here.

Both think they're right...and both are wrong.

Talk about the willing suspension of disbelief, @txradioguy ....  you're the poster-child.

This place until very recently, was rabidly anti-Trump.  Don't try to re-write history, please?

Some of his 'new', reluctant fans in here used to be some of the loudest in expressing their disdain for him.

IMO, the site is beginning to move toward a true center. Halle-freaking-lujah. 

Reality in the forum of empirical evidence, that they were  perhaps 'wrong', will do that to most humans.

The few here that still can't stand the sound of Trump's breathing, are fascinating to watch.   ...like an ant-farm on a table.

...and a special call out to @Norm Lenhart ...for coming in from the cold!   Once again, I can look forward to reading your posts. :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2017, 03:20:11 pm »
Talk about the willing suspension of disbelief, @txradioguy ....  you're the poster-child.

This place until very recently, was rabidly anti-Trump.  Don't try to re-write history, please?

Some of his 'new', reluctant fans in here used to be some of the loudest in expressing their disdain for him.

IMO, the site is beginning to move toward a true center. Halle-freaking-lujah. 

Reality in the forum of empirical evidence, that they were  perhaps 'wrong', will do that to most humans.

The few here that still can't stand the sound of Trump's breathing, are fascinating to watch.   ...like an ant-farm on a table.

...and a special call out to @Norm Lenhart ...for coming in from the cold!   Once again, I can look forward to reading your posts. :beer:

Exhibit A of Self Induced Rapidly Spreading PDS.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2017, 03:25:58 pm »
@jpsb
@Mod1
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak 

:thumbsup2:

A member here accused me of "hate" for Trump when I objected to the recent controversial EO.  So I asked this person to read what I had typed and show me exactly what in that post constitutes hate for Trump.

(CRICKETS)

You are correct.  This word "hate " is being overused and abused here and on TOS.  Behind the word "hate" come words like "traitor" and "unpatriotic."  These are ridiculous accusations and are similar to those accusations hurled at those who disliked Obama's presidency  ("hater" or "racist," for example).  Why are supposedly conservative people copying the methods of liberals?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2017, 03:32:02 pm »
Why are supposedly conservative people copying the methods of liberals?

IMHO...different President...different set of rules.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2017, 03:36:24 pm »
Well on our way to generating another locked thread.

We just have to mention Ted Cruz and a flurry of accusations of hate for Trump and his supporters result.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Silver Pines

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2017, 04:08:38 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

You answered this post: "Go Ted Cruz.  Trump's #1 booster."

The president can remove the Attorney General - Cruz agreed with the move as he knows it is legal - that is all that was.  That one agreement, and there may be others as time goes on, does not mean Cruz "loves" Trump no matter what he may do. Cruz is not captured by Trump's personality cult.  Let no one forget what he said about Trump the day after the Republican Convention when Trump did his cutting down of Cruz due to Cruz's speech there.  Cruz meant what he said or he would not have said it.  Cruz is smart, he knows what Trump really is, and he will speak up when Trump goes over the line into dictator/disaster mode.

@Victoria33

That's exactly right.  I think some of Trump's more ardent supporters, who might still resent Cruz for the convention speech, would like to think otherwise.  But, as you say, the first time he criticizes Donald it will be back to business as usual.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2017, 04:09:27 pm »
@jpsb
@Mod1
@CatherineofAragon
@mystery-ak 

@Victoria33

If you check my posting history you will see I rarely use the word hate. I used it in this instance because "hate" was being tossed around quite I bit before I commented. So I understand where you are coming from and I agree with you.

I spent almost 20 years a TOS before moving over here. I still occasionally post over there. My beef with the TOS is that I got zotted for no damn reason. Old timers like me to do get zotted by anyone other than JR. That pissed me off sufficiently that I stopped my small monthly donation and moved over here for posting purposes. I'm not a Free Republic basher, I still have friends that are quite active there. And there are still a few very insightful posters there. While it is not was it used to be, it's still a good site to get a conservative read on issues.

I tend to be an issues guy, folks that honestly engage me on issues know this. We make not agree but I don't take it personal and I don't make it personal.  Now folks that like to insult and belittle get the same back and then I disengage. 

Rest assured that when Trump screws up, and he will, I'll join in holding him accountable for his misdeeds.

Silver Pines

« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2017, 04:14:19 pm »
Heck, TOS still can't quite get behind this.  They're flailing away because they love to hate Cruz, but he's supporting their man.

And on another thread, they cannot understand why Republicans are not supporting Trump 100%.

I just cannot stand the hate over there any more.

@ShadowAce, welcome home.  I can honestly say I feel more at home here after eight months than I felt during my five years at TOS.  I hope and think you will, as well.

I haven't looked at TOS in a few days.  I came across a post in which a member wished that the children of a certain politician would "die young."  I think that about did it for me.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2017, 04:16:21 pm »
@Victoria33

If you check my posting history you will see I rarely use the word hate. I used it in this instance because "hate" was being tossed around quite I bit before I commented. So I understand where you are coming from and I agree with you.

I spent almost 20 years a TOS before moving over here. I still occasionally post over there. My beef with the TOS is that I got zotted for no damn reason. Old timers like me to do get zotted by anyone other than JR. That pissed me off sufficiently that I stopped my small monthly donation and moved over here for posting purposes. I'm not a Free Republic basher, I still have friends that are quite active there. And there are still a few very insightful posters there. While it is not was it used to be, it's still a good site to get a conservative read on issues.

I tend to be an issues guy, folks that honestly engage me on issues know this. We make not agree but I don't take it personal and I don't make it personal.  Now folks that like to insult and belittle get the same back and then I disengage. 

Rest assured that when Trump screws up, and he will, I'll join in holding him accountable for his misdeeds.

I was a member from March of 1998 and now a confirmed FR basher.  I wish the management here would figure out a way to fine anyone who even mentions the place over here.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2017, 04:23:35 pm »
FWIW.........I am so glad I jumped off the Cruz bandwagon on the day he endorsed DT.
Color me disillusioned.....in the extreme.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2017, 04:34:07 pm »
Indeed Cruz and Trump have been mostly on the same page on a lot of issues; while Cruz had an excellent ground game, Trump dominated the media. In my mind, Trump still owes Cruz an apology and some gratitude for putting his neck on the line and stating that he was voting for him.

I would love to see a Pence/Cruz ticket!  However, I forsee that happening in 4 years; I have a hunch that Trump won't seek renomination.  Pence's participation in the Walk for Life rally is a start, and he needs to continue to stay in the spotlight.

That is my point.  Which other Senator is helping Trump, 'when Trump is right'

No one.  Notice how it has been one velvet needle after another from Rubio.

Where is Rand Paul? doing his own thing.  where is Hatch?  whining. 

If anything, 'we the people' should be focusing on melting down the congressional phone line to get congress moving. 

For example, if the rules say one dem needs to be there for a vote and the dems WILLFULLY boycott, then McConnell should change the rules for how committee votes are held.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2017, 04:35:56 pm »
I was a member from March of 1998 and now a confirmed FR basher.  I wish the management here would figure out a way to fine anyone who even mentions the place over here.

Works for me!

The last time TOS was down, Freepers were being invited here.  I suspect a lot of those that signed up during that time were probably a little dismayed when they read the Members threads.  Myself, I'd like to see us all come together to fight the destruction that Leftists have wrought on our country.   
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Wingnut

« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2017, 04:38:08 pm »
  I wish the management here would figure out a way to fine anyone who even mentions the place over here.

A "Cuss Can" kid of thing. :pondering:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2017, 04:41:24 pm »

I would also like fines levied for run on sentences.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2017, 04:42:34 pm »
A "Cuss Can" kid of thing. :pondering:

Taggart: Has anybody got a dime?

[henchmen grumble, search their pockets]

Taggart: Somebody's gotta go back and get a bleep-load of dimes!

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2017, 04:45:42 pm »
I'm not laying off Lyin' Ted. His wife is ugly. I read about it on the twitter.

And his Dad killed Kennedy.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2017, 04:48:49 pm »
Cruz and Trump have been largely aligned on the issues.  Will be happy to take Pence and Cruz after Trump unwinds 8 years of poor policies.

Well, that depends on which side of the issue Trump was taking at the time.  He has not been consistent.

And, that is not to take away from what he is actually doing right now, which, so far, has been great.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2017, 04:51:53 pm »
@Victoria33

If you check my posting history you will see I rarely use the word hate. I used it in this instance because "hate" was being tossed around quite I bit before I commented. So I understand where you are coming from and I agree with you.  I spent almost 20 years a TOS before moving over here. I still occasionally post over there. .
@jpsb
@CatherineofAragon
@Freya

I was there 16 years.  I was not zotted and could post there if I wanted.  One weekend during primary season in early spring of 2016, Jim zotted a number of old timers at the same time because they said they would not vote for Trump, and I was on the thread as he did that and I was devastated those people were thrown off, and knew I would have to leave there or he would do that to me as I wasn't going to vote for Trump, either, was going to vote for Cruz.  I seldom go there and I don't read the comments.  I still have friends there but they have my email address to contact me directly.  Those friends were not ones using the "hate" word.

@CatherineofAragon was my good friend there and got herself zotted once, maybe more than once (she was feisty and I would warn her but controlling her is usually a losing battle :silly: ), and she found TBR, and here I am.  Catherine is still feisty  22222frying pan and I love her.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 04:53:15 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2017, 05:04:36 pm »
I would also like fines levied for run on sentences.
\
@Frank Cannon

Look at my post above - a really loooong run on sentence, I knew it, and left it that way.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 05:04:55 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2017, 05:07:53 pm »
\
@Frank Cannon

Look at my post above - a really loooong run on sentence, I knew it, and left it that way.

Better find your wallet ready. Bigun has set the Mods off on dreams of a secret slush fund.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2017, 05:08:30 pm »

That is my point.  Which other Senator is helping Trump, 'when Trump is right'

No one.  Notice how it has been one velvet needle after another from Rubio.

Where is Rand Paul? doing his own thing.  where is Hatch?  whining. 

If anything, 'we the people' should be focusing on melting down the congressional phone line to get congress moving. 

For example, if the rules say one dem needs to be there for a vote and the dems WILLFULLY boycott, then McConnell should change the rules for how committee votes are held.

THIS! And keep saying it. McC spent six years whining that he did not have the numbers and regardless, Obama would kick his turtle tail all day long.

Well, he has the numbers and is without excuse for inaction. I hope Trump is back channeling  to make it clear some simple expectations of moving the agenda forward. Mitch needs to whip  the majority into some semblance of a fighting force.

First order of business... getting the R's who have expressed opposition to the immigration pause to walk that opposition back.

@LonestarDream

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2017, 05:38:17 pm »
THIS!  ....
First order of business... getting the R's who have expressed opposition to the immigration pause to walk that opposition back.

@LonestarDream

Why are Senate Republican 'grown ups' preventing Trump from stopping a malignant political system and its related terrorism tactics known as Sharia ?

Unlike Cruz, I think the losers like McCain, Graham, Rubio, Rand etc are still truly sore that they lost instead helping out the admittedly activist President who is trying to unwind the activist left so we can go back to something normal like Coolidge or Even Kennedy.

(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?