Author Topic: Trump's voter fraud expert registered in 3 states  (Read 484 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Trump's voter fraud expert registered in 3 states
« on: January 31, 2017, 02:14:56 am »
AN FRANCISCO –  A man who President Donald Trump has promoted as an authority on voter fraud was registered to vote in multiple states during the 2016 presidential election, the Associated Press has learned.

Gregg Phillips, whose unsubstantiated claim that the election was marred by 3 million illegal votes was tweeted by the president, was listed on the rolls in Alabama, Texas and Mississippi, according to voting records and election officials in those states. He voted only in Alabama in November, records show.

In a post earlier this month, Phillips described "an amazing effort" by volunteers tied to True the Vote, an organization whose board he sits on, who he said found "thousands of duplicate records and registrations of dead people."

Trump has made an issue of people who are registered to vote in more than one state, using it as one of the bedrocks of his overall contention that voter fraud is rampant in the U.S. and that voting by 3 to 5 million immigrants illegally in the country cost him the popular vote in November.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/30/trumps-voter-fraud-expert-registered-in-3-states.html

:silly:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Trump's voter fraud expert registered in 3 states
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 02:16:36 am »
This is not controversial or illegal, I believe. You are under no requirement to "unregister" when you move.

Connecticut still thinks I'm a resident there, despite not having liver there since 2004. Still send me jury duty notices.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 02:18:07 am »
Being registered in multiple states doesn't automatically mean or even apply that you've committed voter fraud. Many states auto-register you. For example, I am registered in Texas. If I move to Louisiana to vote, I'll be registered in two states, not fraudulently. Texas may even automatically renew my registration if they don't see that I updated my vehicle registration address. For someone who moves often, multiply this.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 02:21:16 am »
Being registered in multiple states doesn't automatically mean or even apply that you've committed voter fraud. Many states auto-register you. For example, I am registered in Texas. If I move to Louisiana to vote, I'll be registered in two states, not fraudulently. Texas may even automatically renew my registration if they don't see that I updated my vehicle registration address. For someone who moves often, multiply this.

I just think its funny that any Trumpnik will tell you its a sure fire sign of fraud.......or was until they discovered they simpletons of the royal family are all registered all over the place.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 02:23:41 am »
I just think its funny that any Trumpnik will tell you its a sure fire sign of fraud.......or was until they discovered they simpletons of the royal family are all registered all over the place.

The True the Vote people are good stand up people. Trump unfortunately made this ridiculous 3 million illegal voters (despite him winning) that really put the integrity in the voter integrity issue into question. Wish he didn't do that.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 02:34:24 am »

The True the Vote people are good stand up people. Trump unfortunately made this ridiculous 3 million illegal voters (despite him winning) that really put the integrity in the voter integrity issue into question. Wish he didn't do that.

They act like illegals being registered is evidence of them voting but but it doesn't mean they're voting. The problem (aside from them being here) is that every federal and state agency in the country as well as activist groups registers them to vote.

We had a case here in Michigan a few years back where a legal resident alien was caught voting illegally. He managed to produce a letter from ACORN threatening that he could be jailed or deported if he didn't vote.