Author Topic: Acting attorney general orders DOJ to not defend Trump's executive action  (Read 3077 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Acting attorney general orders DOJ to not defend Trump's executive action
By Lydia Wheeler - 01/30/17 06:43 PM EST

Acting Attorney General Sally Yates sent a letter Monday ordering the Justice Department not to defend President Trump’s executive order on immigration and refugees in court, the New York Times reports.

Yates, a holdover from the Obama administration, reportedly said she’s responsible for ensuring that the positions the department takes in court remain consistent with the institution’s solemn obligation to always seek justice and stand for what is right.

The White House did not immediately comment on Yates' order.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/316990-justice-department-wont-defend-trump-immigration-order
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Yates, a holdover from the Obama administration, reportedly said she’s responsible for ensuring that the positions the department takes in court remain consistent with the institution’s solemn obligation to always seek justice and stand for what is right.
more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/316990-justice-department-wont-defend-trump-immigration-order
No, dearie.  You are responsible for obeying the law and your superiors.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No, dearie.  You are responsible for obeying the law and your superiors.

Where the hell is her resignation?   :smokin:

Offline Frank Cannon

Send this Obama hack a pink slip.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Fire her. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

The stupid here is amazing. But I am not sure moreso from whom. Her for acting like Dems won or Trump/his people for allowing A N Y democrat/holdover to even temporarily retain any authority.

Well, Trump just placed her there this month.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

It's effective the day Sessions gets confirmed...unfortunately.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DiogenesLamp

The stupid here is amazing. But I am not sure moreso from whom. Her for acting like Dems won or Trump/his people for allowing A N Y democrat/holdover to even temporarily retain any authority.

It's probably a matter of logistics and practicality.   There are too many people in positions of influence to deal with in the first few days of his administration.   

For this one he needs to make an immediate exception.   She needs to be fired immediately so as to head off more such examples of defiance.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

so I wonder how this works when some files suit against the federal govt? 

Who stands before the judge as the representative of the defense of this country before the courts?

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Acting attorney general orders DOJ to not defend Trump's executive action
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 12:31:03 am »

It's probably a matter of logistics and practicality.   There are too many people in positions of influence to deal with in the first few days of his administration.   

For this one he needs to make an immediate exception.   She needs to be fired immediately so as to head off more such examples of defiance.

I can understand it's hard/unworkable to get them ALL to the last liberal POS, but Good lord, he had to know that the DOJ was going to be his biggest opponent after the DNC itself. There are not that many top level positions to vet and find a moderate to conservative to replace the lib with.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 12:36:21 am »
I can understand it's hard/unworkable to get them ALL to the last liberal POS, but Good lord, he had to know that the DOJ was going to be his biggest opponent after the DNC itself. There are not that many top level positions to vet and find a moderate to conservative to replace the lib with.

Cleaning up the mess Odumbo left will be like Hercules cleaning the stables.   There are red flags everywhere he looks right now.   He just has to prioritize as best he can. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 12:37:59 am »

Resignation?

Where the hell's her suit for Obstruction?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 12:43:17 am »

Cleaning up the mess Odumbo left will be like Hercules cleaning the stables.   There are red flags everywhere he looks right now.   He just has to prioritize as best he can.

I understand what you're saying but we are talking like what? 30 top people at best? His handlers should have had replacements ready as soon as it became apparent he had a real shot at winning months ago.

Overall, he's doing a good job so far, but he hosed this one IMO.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 12:54:36 am »
I understand what you're saying but we are talking like what? 30 top people at best? His handlers should have had replacements ready as soon as it became apparent he had a real shot at winning months ago.

No we're not talking the political appointees...those are easy to get rid of.

The hard part...and even Reagan couldn't do this...is to get rid of the career worker bees that hang on no matter who is in office...the ones that are there through 3 or four presidents.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 12:55:46 am »

Let's remember that Go Along Get Along W left a bunch of Clinton people in there when he took office. The entire Gov't is loaded to the gills with Commie filth because there hasn't been a good cleaning since Reagan.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 12:56:53 am »

Pay no attention to the pillow biters. He's doing fine. Fire this silly girl and keep firing every one who will not do the job.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2017, 12:58:57 am »
Pay no attention to the pillow biters. He's doing fine. Fire this silly girl and keep firing every one who will not do the job.

Pillow biters don?  Seriously that's kinda beneath you isn't it?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2017, 12:59:41 am »

LOL. I've seen that movie before.....

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2017, 01:00:19 am »
No we're not talking the political appointees...those are easy to get rid of.

The hard part...and even Reagan couldn't do this...is to get rid of the career worker bees that hang on no matter who is in office...the ones that are there through 3 or four presidents.

He didn't have to fire her. Remember no one is automagically entitled to ascend up a notch when their boss leaves (and I dunno where she was in the pecking order anyway. IMO Trump could have as easily put in a (at minimum Republican) rather than a Democrat/Obama holdover. Continuity is NOT what America needs considering that Obama's people wrecked the country to begin with.

I think Trump's people didn't do their homework or he made a bad 'deal' with someone that installed her into the job.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 01:01:45 am »

For his/America's sake, he better. Or this idiocy will stop any fix he may actually pull off.

Online corbe

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 01:05:07 am »
   her replacement has already been nominated, apparently the slow-walk of Sessions is holding up other appointments also.

Rod J. Rosenstein

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rod J. Rosenstein

United States Deputy Attorney General
Nominee

Taking office
 TBD*

President
Donald Trump

Succeeding
Sally Yates
*Pending Senate confirmation

Rod J. Rosenstein (born 1965) is the United States Attorney for the United States District Court for the District of Maryland and a former nominee to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.

President-elect Donald Trump nominated Rosenstein to serve as Deputy Attorney General for the United States Department of Justice on January 13, 2017.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

HonestJohn

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 01:06:05 am »
If the EO was right and legal, then no defense is necessary.

Why the fuss?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2017, 01:06:56 am »
Pillow biters don?  Seriously that's kinda beneath you isn't it?

Would "stuck pigs" as in "squealing like a...." be more to your liking? I am pretty sick of the sycophants carrying the Commies' water.  And I mean the likes of my two Senators, Lamar! and Shorty.

Oh well. I guess we can sort it out after the next Big Boom. Yeah. That's the ticket.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2017, 01:07:00 am »
Send this Obama hack a pink slip.

:thumbsup3: :thumbsup3: :thumbsup3: