Author Topic: Rep. John Lewis and Top Aide Hit With Ethics Complaint  (Read 578 times)

rangerrebew

Rep. John Lewis and Top Aide Hit With Ethics Complaint
« on: January 30, 2017, 07:29:50 pm »
 Rep. John Lewis and Top Aide Hit With Ethics Complaint
Posted By Lachlan Markay On January 30, 2017 @ 10:55 am In Politics | No Comments

A watchdog group is asking congressional ethics officials to investigate Rep. John Lewis (D., Ga.) and his chief of staff over apparent violations of House ethics rules, according to a letter released on Monday.

The Foundation for Accountability and Civic Trust's letter is asking the Office of Congressional Ethics to probe Lewis chief of staff Michael Collins' dual roles in the congressman's Washington office and as the treasurer for his 2016 reelection campaign.

Ethics rules bar senior House staff from serving in any fiduciary role for a political organization, and specifically mentioned campaign treasurers as a prohibited position for such staffers.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/politics/rep-john-lewis-top-aide-hit-ethics-complaint/

rangerrebew

Re: Rep. John Lewis and Top Aide Hit With Ethics Complaint
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 07:31:02 pm »
I find it difficult to believe such a top tier, fair minded, tolerant man such as he would have ethics problems. :silly:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 07:31:20 pm »
Ethics rules only apply to Republicans, silly.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 07:35:54 pm »
I find it difficult to believe such a top tier, fair minded, tolerant man such as he would have ethics problems. :silly:
Ethics rules? He thought they were Ethnic rules, so figured he could do whatever he wanted because he be Black.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 07:36:05 pm »
Meanwhile Al Sharpton, who is purported to owe millions in back taxes, is still walking around loose!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 07:43:17 pm »
He'll just claim he forgot about the rules like he forgot about boycotting Bush's inauguration. Nothing to see here. Just a dottering old man.