Author Topic: Trump signs executive order requiring that for every one new regulation, two must be revoked  (Read 5138 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Maybe make them copy it several times on a blackboard?

Tempting thought but that wouldn't necessarily prove they'd actually read it. ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

Good concept.

I wouldn't make a blanket EO on it, though. 

I'd issue one for each Department, with an expiration date for each.  A different expiration date depending on the Department.

For I can see the one for the EPA lasting much longer than the one for Defense or State.

Nah, no expiration date. Don't give the bastards any kind of out or hope. ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I was not aware that "Conservative bedrock" included rule by sweeping executive orders.

To Make America Safe Again? 

While fourteen  departments are standing around meeting and getting estimates, Trump's already got the plumber on site.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

I just get sick of seeing the 4 year dance of the 'Fairweather'. You stood by your guy and I stood against. Those are solid convictions, right or wrong regardless of who won or lost. But as usual, the final stretch converts that got the man elected have no room to suddenly complain when he does whatever. And as usual, they are the first to clutch pearls when they get what they voted for.

I didn't sign up with the notion I'd be agreeing with him on everything.

But so far, I wouldn't have changed a thing.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

geronl

I was not aware that "Conservative bedrock" included rule by sweeping executive orders.

and tax hikes and cuddling with Russia and huge spending sprees

Online DCPatriot

and tax hikes and cuddling with Russia and huge spending sprees

...okay.  So, maybe I overshot a little.    :laugh:

That spending spree is hopefully going to lock up the union vote for the mid-terms.  So, it's a money well-spent.   

HonestJohn

Nah, no expiration date. Don't give the bastards any kind of out or hope. ;)

The end result is that you have no regulations.

Which means things like standardized weights and measures disappear.  And your cellphone stops working as anyone can broadcast on any frequency they choose, including your phone's.

And so on and so forth.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15

Which means things like standardized weights and measures disappear.  And your cellphone stops working as anyone can broadcast on any frequency they choose, including your phone's.

And so on and so forth.
Yeah right, wake me up when too little government is the problem again. 
 888ohnoes
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline EasyAce

Not if they really keep to the two regs out for every one reg in. It could provoke a needed streamlining
in the regs to where what's absolutely necessary stays (underline that, gang) and what really isn't,
doesn't. Or, it could provoke (what do you know) the reasonable restoration of the states' Tenth
Amendment prerogatives.

I don't think anyone would disagree about standardised weights and measures, to name one you
mentioned, but isn't it so that the federal government has busied itself far too long in regulating
things it really does have no business regulating as they have?

HonestJohn

Not if they really keep to the two regs out for every one reg in. It could provoke a needed streamlining
in the regs to where what's absolutely necessary stays (underline that, gang) and what really isn't,
doesn't. Or, it could provoke (what do you know) the reasonable restoration of the states' Tenth
Amendment prerogatives.

I don't think anyone would disagree about standardised weights and measures, to name one you
mentioned, but isn't it so that the federal government has busied itself far too long in regulating
things it really does have no business regulating as they have?

My point is that without an expiration date (or a set number of regulations that need to be cut before a review of the EO occurs), there is only one outcome.

geronl

Amendment prerogatives.

The point is, who chooses which regulations? The establishment, bureaucratic regulators? No doubt they will pick ones that will embarrass or harm the country the most if repealed.

Silver Pines

Sounds good to me.  I imagine it does to small business owners, as well.

HonestJohn

The point is, who chooses which regulations? The establishment, bureaucratic regulators? No doubt they will pick ones that will embarrass or harm the country the most if repealed.

Your post made me think.

They could just combine the two 'cut' regulations into the new one (section one for the new regulations, sections two and three for the old 'cut' ones).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 01:08:40 am by HonestJohn »

Silver Pines

Still waiting for executive amnesty and the ObamaCare fines to be revoked.

@geronl

We all should keep an eye on that.  Obamacare was supposed to be revoked on the first day, wasn't it?

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

I made a near identical prediction the day after Romney tanked 12 in an\ post-mortem email I sent to a couple Freepers and others.

Some things Stevie Wonder could see coming. But the 'know betters' suffer a particularly idiotic form of intentional blindness. Regardless, they can't escape the consequence of their actions.

@Norm Lenhart
@Cripplecreek

Well, I bow down to you both because I didn't see it coming.  I was pretty naive about FR when I signed up there, and for a long time afterward. 

geronl

@geronl

We all should keep an eye on that.  Obamacare was supposed to be revoked on the first day, wasn't it?

I'm holding off on filing taxes until he abolishes the Obamacare fine. :p

Online corbe

@geronl

All the EO's and regulations in obummercare will give these regulating zealots plenty of room to work with. 
   I think  @CatherineofAragon the GOP house is getting 'wobbly' on that repeal/replace thingee, they are scared to death of RyanCare, as they should be.  obummer screwed it up so bad we just can't go back to the way it was without a lot of pain, apparently.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

All the EO's and regulations in obummercare will give these regulating zealots plenty of room to work with. 
   I think  @CatherineofAragon the GOP house is getting 'wobbly' on that repeal/replace thingee, they are scared to death of RyanCare, as they should be.  obummer screwed it up so bad we just can't go back to the way it was without a lot of pain, apparently.

The problem is Americans are too weak to deal with the pain they created for themselves in the voting booth. They wanted to 'win' with Democrats in GOP clothing and now they have a spineless GOP for their trouble.

geronl

obummer screwed it up so bad we just can't go back to the way it was without a lot of pain, apparently.

ObamaCare banned new (or expansion of existing) physician-owned hospitals, that one provision could easily and painlessly be removed.
There are probably a lot of things like that which would be simple to undo.

Subsidies for the health insurance companies need to be undone, mandates and fines need to be undone, forced coverage for all kinds of crap need to be undone.

Online corbe

ObamaCare banned new (or expansion of existing) physician-owned hospitals, that one provision could easily and painlessly be removed.
There are probably a lot of things like that which would be simple to undo.

Subsidies for the health insurance companies need to be undone, mandates and fines need to be undone, forced coverage for all kinds of crap need to be undone.

I agree @geronl alot of that was EO's, just like DACA and DAPA (still online), what's the hold up, I know Price is not seated yet but Kelly is, he campaigned on this, maybe I'm just to damn impatient.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

I agree @geronl alot of that was EO's, just like DACA and DAPA (still online), what's the hold up, I know Price is not seated yet but Kelly is, he campaigned on this, maybe I'm just to damn impatient.

Same as ever. The GOP promises anything we want to hear to get rubes to elect them, then they find reasons to welch. Been that way on Obamacare from day 1.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

A young bull and an old bull and are standing on a hill, looking down on a herd of cows...

Seems to me they can only do so many, so fast, while ensuring that they do it right.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Yes, but regulations have to be supported by actual laws

Actually the other way around. A law gets passed, then the agencies go hog wild writing regulations to implement what they feel the sense of the law was/is.

The agencies make regulations, and the agencies can be directed to roll them back.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LonestarDream

Still waiting for executive amnesty and the ObamaCare fines to be revoked.

ObamaCare fines happened day one.  Anything will now be construed as a 'hardship' on your tax form.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline EasyAce

Actually the other way around. A law gets passed, then the agencies go hog wild writing regulations to implement what they feel the sense of the law was/is.

The agencies make regulations, and the agencies can be directed to roll them back.

Hmmmmm . . . makes it tempting to say (hell, it should be said, and often!), there oughta notta be a law. ;)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 05:11:06 am by EasyAce »