Author Topic: Trump signs executive order requiring that for every one new regulation, two must be revoked  (Read 5158 times)

geronl

Congress did not write them. Those who made the mess are tasked to clean it up.

Right, lets force the establishment to provide Trump with some very necessary regulations to revoke that will make him look even more like a doofus. It won't be the stupid, needless regulations they'll offer up.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
As to the first question, he's talking regulations, not laws.

As to the second, yeah, pretty much.

Well some of his supporters must be getting worried about all the decrees, they're just blaming congress.

Matt Drudge needs to take Hillsdale College's free courses on the Constitution and federalism. Our nation's founders intentionally set up a system of government that works at a snail's pace.

Offline r9etb

Who gets to decide which regulations get revoked? I think Congress should.

I agree. 

What's really at issue here is that regulatory agencies have assumed (usurped) an essentially legislative role in many areas, without any meaningful accountability.  Over many decades, Congress has let this happen; and it's up to Congress to rectify it.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I agree. 

What's really at issue here is that regulatory agencies have assumed (usurped) an essentially legislative role in many areas, without any meaningful accountability.  Over many decades, Congress has let this happen; and it's up to Congress to rectify it.

Congress has to take back control of agencies that are under its authority like the EPA. They have allowed these agencies to run wild or let the executive branch run them without challenge even though they are not executive level agencies.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I agree. 

The law is in place! (See my post above)  All we need now is a Congress that will do it's job!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline r9etb

Right, lets force the establishment to provide Trump with some very necessary regulations to revoke that will make him look even more like a doofus. It won't be the stupid, needless regulations they'll offer up.

Correct.  Straight out of School Board Politics 101 -- vote for the bond issue or we'll be forced to feed your kids dirt for lunch.

Offline r9etb

The law is in place! (See my post above)  All we need now is a Congress that will do it's job!

Oh, but wait!  Donald Trump, Strong to Save, is Here to Save The Day!

geronl

I agree. 

As a matter of fact, put Lee and Cruz and some of the House conservatives on a Joint Congressional Committee to put together a list of bad, outdated, unconstitutional (and whatever) regulations. Have the House and Senate vote on repealing them (even if its more advising than legal repealing) and send it to the President.

That would give him real cover.

Offline r9etb

As a matter of fact, put Lee and Cruz and some of the House conservatives on a Joint Congressional Committee to put together a list of bad, outdated, unconstitutional (and whatever) regulations. Have the House and Senate vote on repealing them (even if its more advising than legal repealing) and send it to the President.

That would give him real cover.

Precisely.  And beyond that, it would help to establish the sort of working relationship that is essential for some of the things Trump wants to do.

As it stands now, Trump is ignoring Congress the same way Obama did -- which is why Obama could never pass meaningful legislation.  (Not that I'm complaining, mind...)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Congress has to take back control of agencies that are under its authority like the EPA. They have allowed these agencies to run wild or let the executive branch run them without challenge even though they are not executive level agencies.
Would that not require the election of principled congresspeople? Because I'm pretty sure those of us that have spent years and years pushing for that have been outgunned by the "No matter what" voters.

Now, just as predicted, they scream for congress to do it's job after electing people based solely on filling a GOP seat with an ass tattooed with a GOP brand instead of someone they could trust.

Online corbe

This rule will completely decimate the Buggy Whip Industry which needs these regulations to survive against increasing competition in our advancing society.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
This is totally awesome!  :patriot:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cripplecreek

Would that not require the election of principled congresspeople? Because I'm pretty sure those of us that have spent years and years pushing for that have been outgunned by the "No matter what" voters.

Now, just as predicted, they scream for congress to do it's job after electing people based solely on filling a GOP seat with an ass tattooed with a GOP brand instead of someone they could trust.

@Norm Lenhart

The older I get the more predictable my countrymen become.

Shortly after Ted Cruz announced that he was running for president I made a prediction at TOS. I said that no matter what posters said on that exciting day that all of their love for Ted Cruz would disappear the second the next political Justin Beiber popped his head up. He wouldn't need to be remotely conservative or a constitutionalist as long as he was loud and sounded aggressive. I didn't predict that it would be someone we all knew and had repeatedly condemned for being the immoral liberal he is.

In my 13 years at that other site I've seen it again and again and again. Any time someone said something that sounded remotely conservative they started flinging their panties on stage in ecstasy and calling that person the next GOP president. Colin Powell for president! Condi Rice for President! Liz Cheney for president! David Petreaus for president! Chris Christie for president! and on and on and on.

And the these simple morons have the audacity to declare that they are fighting the establishment as Trump attacked Ted Cruz for being a big meanie to Mitch McConnell and snuggles up to his "golfing buddy" John Boehner and grabs Reince Priebus for chief of staff. (Not to mention grabbing multiple executives from the evil banking firm of Goldman Sachs)

The simple morons would rather rub hot coals in their eyes than face the reality of what they have done.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

They're not going to.  They don't want to.

The Establishment oligarchy  created and maintained this defacto Dictatorship via the Executive and the Alphabets, because it absolves them of any accountability to their constituencies back home when the EPA essentially shuts down an entire industry.  It's easy to blame an Alphabet that they 'have no control over' when they want the exact results that the Alphabet brings about.

Because ultimately - it's all about power and controlling our money that the agents at Mordor on the Potomac are even remotely interested in.

Not governing, that was made manifest long ago.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I agree. 

I don't think they let it happen, I think they did it on purpose.  When something goes right, take credit for voting for the bill that created the ability for the exec branch to do it.  When something goes wrong, it's not your fault.  [Note: by "right" I mean "popular", "wrong" = "unpopular"].  For additional cover, compain occassionally about the exec branch -- but don't push back hard enough to do anything about it, maybe take turns so it's only a handful "pushing back" at the same time.  And feel free to play it both ways as public opinion changes (see: every "war" in my lifetime).

I know, I'm just being paranoid.  I mean, if they were just in it for the money, they'd retire with way more money than they made on their salaries.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

HonestJohn

Good concept.

I wouldn't make a blanket EO on it, though. 

I'd issue one for each Department, with an expiration date for each.  A different expiration date depending on the Department.

For I can see the one for the EPA lasting much longer than the one for Defense or State.

Offline Norm Lenhart

@Norm Lenhart

The older I get the more predictable my countrymen become.

Shortly after Ted Cruz announced that he was running for president I made a prediction at TOS. I said that no matter what posters said on that exciting day that all of their love for Ted Cruz would disappear the second the next political Justin Beiber popped his head up. He wouldn't need to be remotely conservative or a constitutionalist as long as he was loud and sounded aggressive. I didn't predict that it would be someone we all knew and had repeatedly condemned for being the immoral liberal he is.

In my 13 years at that other site I've seen it again and again and again. Any time someone said something that sounded remotely conservative they started flinging their panties on stage in ecstasy and calling that person the next GOP president. Colin Powell for president! Condi Rice for President! Liz Cheney for president! David Petreaus for president! Chris Christie for president! and on and on and on.

And the these simple morons have the audacity to declare that they are fighting the establishment as Trump attacked Ted Cruz for being a big meanie to Mitch McConnell and snuggles up to his "golfing buddy" John Boehner and grabs Reince Priebus for chief of staff. (Not to mention grabbing multiple executives from the evil banking firm of Goldman Sachs)

The simple morons would rather rub hot coals in their eyes than face the reality of what they have done.

@CatherineofAragon

I made a near identical prediction the day after Romney tanked 12 in an\ post-mortem email I sent to a couple Freepers and others.

Some things Stevie Wonder could see coming. But the 'know betters' suffer a particularly idiotic form of intentional blindness. Regardless, they can't escape the consequence of their actions.

Offline r9etb

@CatherineofAragon
 Regardless, they can't escape the consequence of their actions.

Unfortunately, neither can the rest of us....

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Conservatives (and libertarians) have supported about this, for decades.

Anybody resisting this simply because it is coming from Trump, are truly unhinged.

Credit where due, and bravo while I'm at it. That rule was so necessary I almost wouldn't have cared which
president went at it. I thought it was Congress's business to pass such legislation but we know what happens since
previous Congresses have handed off some of their delineated powers. Given that, this is certainly an executive
order even Donaldus Minimus's worst critics can live with.

(Though I have to admit, I have advocated it for decades and thought Congress should set about it. But then
I was also the guy who believed---and still do, since long before Nancy Pelousy and her "we have to pass Obamacare
so we can find out what's in it"---that they should pass one more law: Resolved, that no law passed by Congress and
signed by the President shall be considered legal and binding law until or unless every member of Congress and the
President can
prove they've read it at least once.)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 10:15:26 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Yes he is. I agree. However he is within his authority until such time as he oversteps it (trying to apply it OUTSIDE his lawful authority.)

Three points:

One: A bull in a China shop was the exact phrase many here and elsewhere used to justify their support of Trump and that should be remembered and pointed out to his voters who conveniently forgot that now that he is actually doing it.

Two: Personally, although I did not support Trump, I FULLY agree that the full power of his office should be brought to bear.

Three: It's too late to shed tears. Trump entered the office with no support from any of the left and damn little from most of the right. People should have considered that when pulling the lever.

Uh....get your arms inside...check your seatbelts....it's going to be a blast.   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Credit where due, and bravo while I'm at it. That rule was so necessary I almost wouldn't have cared which
president went at it.

(Though I have to admit, I have advocated it for decades and thought Congress should set about it. But then
I was also the guy who believed---and still do, since long before Nancy Pelousy and her "we have to pass Obamacare
so we can find out what's in it"---that they should pass one more law: Resolved, that no law passed by Congress and
signed by the President shall be considered legal and binding law until or unless every member of Congress and the
President can
prove they've read it at least once.)

Maybe make them copy it several times on a blackboard?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Everything Trump has done so far...every decision...is gounded in Conservative bedrock.

And if past performance is the only indicator of future success, his SCOTUS pick should make all of us happy.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Norm Lenhart

Uh....get your arms inside...check your seatbelts....it's going to be a blast.   :patriot:

I just get sick of seeing the 4 year dance of the 'Fairweather'. You stood by your guy and I stood against. Those are solid convictions, right or wrong regardless of who won or lost. But as usual, the final stretch converts that got the man elected have no room to suddenly complain when he does whatever. And as usual, they are the first to clutch pearls when they get what they voted for.

Offline r9etb

Everything Trump has done so far...every decision...is grounded in Conservative bedrock.

I was not aware that "Conservative bedrock" included rule by sweeping executive orders.

Offline Cripplecreek

I was not aware that "Conservative bedrock" included rule by sweeping executive orders.

Same with crap like protectionism and tariffs. That's the kind of BS I had to listen to at union meetings.