Author Topic: Marco Rubio and Tim Scott Joint Statement on Executive Orders  (Read 4719 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Marco Rubio and Tim Scott Joint Statement on Executive Orders
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 01:15:51 am »
They misused a past participle.

That's why I became a broadcaster...none of that AP Style Guide crap applies to my writing style.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 01:20:45 am »
What factually wrong with what they said?

Please show us the inaccuracies.

why at this time do they try to undermine a temporary order?  Obama opened up by EO the borders and DT is simply over-riding those orders on a temporary basis.  He is doing the same on other EO wrought by Obama.

Why don't they simply introduce legislation to do what they wish rather than start going down the road of rebuking?

EO should not be the mechanism, legislation should be, and it appears to me that DT is depending upon Congress to do its job.

It is petty to be saying it the way they do, especially to do so publicly. 

I see Marco just trying to make news splashes.  Schumer and Obama on the sidelines will do just fine in that category.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline endicom

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2017, 01:21:22 am »
I see no problem with asking for clarification.

Why? By the time this EO expires, congress will still be trying to draft the pork laden legislation.

Where the hell has Congress been for the last 16 years?

The POTUS has the right under the law to do this ..... Congress has proven itself useless and needs to get out of the way.

If Trump didn't force the issue then we might all die before anything was done. And what was eventually done would probably be more pork than beef.

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2017, 01:22:08 am »
Would you feel better about their statement if they had used their Twitter accounts?
Private, not public is a good start.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2017, 01:23:53 am »
Private, not public is a good start.

How do you know that they didn't start in private?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2017, 01:24:03 am »
Where the hell has Congress been for the last 16 years?

The POTUS has the right under the law to do this ..... Congress has proven itself useless and needs to get out of the way.
So you wish to disintegrate into some type of dictatorship?

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2017, 01:24:37 am »
How do you know that they didn't start in private?
Do you know?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2017, 01:26:05 am »
why at this time do they try to undermine a temporary order?  Obama opened up by EO the borders and DT is simply over-riding those orders on a temporary basis.  He is doing the same on other EO wrought by Obama.

Why don't they simply introduce legislation to do what they wish rather than start going down the road of rebuking?

EO should not be the mechanism, legislation should be, and it appears to me that DT is depending upon Congress to do its job.

I see Marco just trying to make news splashes.  Schumer and Obama on the sidelines will do just fine in that category.

Why send out an EO that was only half-@ssed and poorly executed? 

Maybe if he'd talked to Congress before he did this...it would have rolled out more smoothly with the people understanding it better because he'd have select Congress members out there talking to the media on his behalf about this.

Instead he's got Bannon in his ear telling him he doesn't need anyone's advice or consent to do this..."Screw 'em Mr. President...just sign the EO and tell them to pound sand."

That's not the way to handle thigns.

Donny hasn't given them time to bring any legislation to the floor for consideration...like his twitter rants...he just went off half cocked.

BTW do you know what a Presidential Executive Order is supposed to be used for and who it applies to?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2017, 01:26:47 am »

If Trump didn't force the issue then we might all die before anything was done. And what was eventually done would probably be more pork than beef.

Sun Tzu may point out that acting in a way that helps the enemy rally his forces before you attack is never a good idea.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2017, 01:27:08 am »

EO's aren't supposed to be used this way...by any President.

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2017, 01:29:55 am »
Why send out an EO that was only half-@ssed and poorly executed? 
that is your and Rubio/Scott's opinion.
Maybe if he'd talked to Congress before he did this...it would have rolled out more smoothly with the people understanding it better because he'd have select Congress members out there talking to the media on his behalf about this.
Do you have information that says he did not?

BTW do you know what a Presidential Executive Order is supposed to be used for and who it applies to?
Please educate the rest of us rather than keeping that information to yourself.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2017, 01:30:49 am »
He is? That sucks. I loved his taco truck.

Don't worry, his son, Subtle, is taking it over.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2017, 01:33:49 am »

What kind of laws is Congress going to pass?  "The laws already in place should be followed"? 

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2017, 01:41:44 am »
It is a good and sensible statement.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2017, 01:49:08 am »
@Luis Gonzalez - great to see you.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2017, 01:55:06 am »
that is your and Rubio/Scott's opinion.Do you have information that says he did not?

How about the fact there is so much conflicting and confusing information about the EO floating around out there?

Please educate the rest of us rather than keeping that information to yourself.

Executive Orders are supposed to used for and only for issues dealing with the employees of the Executive Branch and those agencies that fall under its purview.

They never were intended nor should they ever be used as a means to get around Congress...decisions by the courts or the Constitution.

Decisions in 1866 and again in 1952 defined what a President can use Executive Orders for.

Anything outside of those parameters is an aggregation of power that the Constitution never intended for the President to have

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2017, 01:59:26 am »
Yearning for the simplicity of dictatorship are you?

I guess so..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2017, 02:01:10 am »
How about the fact there is so much conflicting and confusing information about the EO floating around out there?
Seems you believe the media spin then.
Executive Orders are supposed to used for and only for issues dealing with the employees of the Executive Branch and those agencies that fall under its purview.

They never were intended nor should they ever be used as a means to get around Congress...decisions by the courts or the Constitution.

Decisions in 1866 and again in 1952 defined what a President can use Executive Orders for.

Anything outside of those parameters is an aggregation of power that the Constitution never intended for the President to have

So the obvious question is "What do you do to keep the President to adher to these decisions?"

Did these same Senators express publicly the same level of disdane for other EO issued in the past 8 years?

Also, for my edification again, what do you think is the different between an Executive Order and an Executive Memorandum?  All I know is the latter does not make it into the federal register so they are under the table.  Obama like the EM a lot.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2017, 02:02:33 am »

It seems to me that you have a problem with the Constitution.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 02:03:04 am by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2017, 02:04:50 am »
This may be pertinent to the discussion:

Section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952.

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or non-immigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 02:05:19 am by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2017, 02:09:00 am »
Seems you believe the media spin then.
So the obvious question is "What do you do to keep the President to adher to these decisions?"

That's the job of Congress.

Did these same Senators express publicly the same level of disdane for other EO issued in the past 8 years?

You'd have to check their public statements on Obama's EO's.

Also, for my edification again, what do you think is the different between an Executive Order and an Executive Memorandum?  All I know is the latter does not make it into the federal register so they are under the table.  Obama like the EM a lot.

IIRC the Memorandum is what we know as a "signing statement". Where the POTUS says he's signing a piece of legislation but he disagrees with it and in Obama's case... doesn't intend to enforce the new law.

They raked W over the coals for doing this and praised Obama for it. 

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2017, 02:09:56 am »
What kind of laws is Congress going to pass?  "The laws already in place should be followed"?
Guess I need to ask what laws you think are already passed that fit the bill.

Seems some believe the EO is insufficient to be carried out, so what alternative do you suggest be done?  More fiats?

Offline endicom

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2017, 02:10:53 am »
Sun Tzu may point out that acting in a way that helps the enemy rally his forces before you attack is never a good idea.

Since you're channeling Sun Tzu, who in this case does he identify as the enemy?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2017, 02:11:44 am »
Guess I need to ask what laws you think are already passed that fit the bill.

Seems some believe the EO is insufficient to be carried out, so what alternative do you suggest be done?  More fiats?

Well....there's all sorts of laws in place to control our borders and who is allowed to be here.  I'm not sure what you're asking me. 

Offline endicom

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2017, 02:12:29 am »

It seems to me that you have a problem with the Constitution.

How so?