Author Topic: Marco Rubio and Tim Scott Joint Statement on Executive Orders  (Read 4720 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Marco Rubio and Tim Scott Joint Statement on Executive Orders
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2017, 03:49:36 pm »
I don't agree that it was badly executed, and I don't really care if he did it by phone call or by EO.  EO may have been the better choice since this is such a radical turn in direction (from the prior lawless administrations).

But to a lot of people...myself included...issuing an EO when the laws are already there to enforce is no different than Libs enacting another gun law when there are already 16,000 of them on the books.

Enforce what's there...don't recreate the wheel. 

If you want a radical turn from how Obama did it...don't use the same mechanisms he did...it makes you look no different.

Would have worked out much better if he'd gone to the microphone and said:

"Today I directed Secretary Kelly to enforce to the strictest letter of the law, U.S. immigration regulations regarding the entry of refugees into this country  from (list of countries).  I have also advised the acting Attorney General as well as my nominee for Attorney General Senator Sessions and key members of the House and Senate of my decision and they have agreed with my plan.  While this may cause discomfort to some legal lliens, it is a necessary step to accurately assess an out of control immigration situation.  We apologize to those green card holders affected and will work quickly to make sure you are not impeded any longer than necessary.  My directive is in compliance with (insert Obama's refugee ban here) and is necessary to fulfill my promise to secure our borders and keep the people of America safe from the threat of Islamic terrorism.  Thank you.  Good day."
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2017, 04:05:41 pm »
But to a lot of people...myself included...issuing an EO when the laws are already there to enforce is no different than Libs enacting another gun law when there are already 16,000 of them on the books.

Enforce what's there...don't recreate the wheel. 

If you want a radical turn from how Obama did it...don't use the same mechanisms he did...it makes you look no different.

Would have worked out much better if he'd gone to the microphone and said:

"Today I directed Secretary Kelly to enforce to the strictest letter of the law, U.S. immigration regulations regarding the entry of refugees into this country  from (list of countries).  I have also advised the acting Attorney General as well as my nominee for Attorney General Senator Sessions and key members of the House and Senate of my decision and they have agreed with my plan.  While this may cause discomfort to some legal lliens, it is a necessary step to accurately assess an out of control immigration situation.  We apologize to those green card holders affected and will work quickly to make sure you are not impeded any longer than necessary.  My directive is in compliance with (insert Obama's refugee ban here) and is necessary to fulfill my promise to secure our borders and keep the people of America safe from the threat of Islamic terrorism.  Thank you.  Good day."

I think the one thing that we can agree upon on this particular item, is that you have your opinion and I have mine.   :seeya:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2017, 04:23:46 pm »
I think the one thing that we can agree upon on this particular item, is that you have your opinion and I have mine.   :seeya:

Yes ma'am
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2017, 04:28:02 pm »

Yes ma'am

I see what you did there!  You agreed that you may have (slightly) differing points of view! And, it is okay!

Discombobulated, I am. 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 04:28:57 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2017, 04:33:08 pm »
I see what you did there!  You agreed that you may have (slightly) differing points of view! And, it is okay!

Discombobulated, I am.

IT IS OK!  (To have differing opinions).

:beer:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2017, 04:30:30 am »
@txradioguy - did you ever find the answer on source for the executive memoranda = signing statements?

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,246765.msg1210916.html#msg1210916
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2017, 12:31:02 pm »
@txradioguy - did you ever find the answer on source for the executive memoranda = signing statements?

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,246765.msg1210916.html#msg1210916

Actually I didn't see your post about it. I'll check on it today.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2017, 01:43:18 pm »
So why did just two of the 435 members publicly come out the way they did and not consult the others?

We don't know that they didn't.  Perhaps they were the only ones with the intestinal fortitude to say something.

We all know the answer for those dozens or hundreds of them, don't we?

No...actually we don't.

Got a source that says Executive Memoranda is the same as a signing statement?  That is first I heard of that.

Here's a source I saw that said otherwise.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/01/24/executive-order-vs-presidential-memorandum-whats-difference/96979014/

I stand corrected.  that is different info than what was explained to me a few eyars ago.

Thanks for the clarification.  ^-^