Author Topic: Chuck Schumer wants delay on Rex Tillerson vote, possibly other nominees, after executive order  (Read 342 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By David Sherfinski - The Washington Times - Monday, January 30, 2017

Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer said Monday he plans to ask for a delay on the confirmation vote of Rex Tillerson, President Trump’s secretary of state pick, in the wake of the administration’s “extreme vetting” immigration executive order and resulting fallout.

“Because when he was questioned in committee and asked about a future Muslim ban, [because] we didn’t know that it was occurring, he was very mealy-mouthed,” Mr. Schumersaid of Mr. Tillerson on NBC’s “Today” program.

“I think we’re going to ask about it for it for just about every one,” Mr. Schumer said when asked about other Cabinet nominees.

more
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/30/chuck-schumer-wants-delay-rex-tillerson-vote-possi/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
By David Sherfinski - The Washington Times - Monday, January 30, 2017

Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer said Monday he plans to ask for a delay on the confirmation vote of Rex Tillerson, President Trump’s secretary of state pick, in the wake of the administration’s “extreme vetting” immigration executive order and resulting fallout.

“Because when he was questioned in committee and asked about a future Muslim ban, [because] we didn’t know that it was occurring, he was very mealy-mouthed,” Mr. Schumersaid of Mr. Tillerson on NBC’s “Today” program.

“I think we’re going to ask about it for it for just about every one,” Mr. Schumer said when asked about other Cabinet nominees.

more
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/30/chuck-schumer-wants-delay-rex-tillerson-vote-possi/

Let us hope (pray!) that McConnell has the cojones to tell Schumer to pound sand.  Unfortunately, that seems unlikely.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!