Author Topic: Trump asked for a ‘Muslim ban,’ Giuliani says — and ordered a commission to do it ‘legally’  (Read 5898 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@DCPatriot

Maybe @Weird Tolkienish Figure is giving criticism where he sees fit. 

Or more likely @Weird Tolkienish Figure is giving criticism for criticism sake.  It's what he does @CatherineofAragon

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It's not what Trump did, but the clumsy amateurish way he did it.

Yeah, whatever @NavyCanDo   Whatever.

Silver Pines

@sneakypete

The lunacy is in your projection and your assumption

Neither.  I asked a question.

that the people here are defending Trump regardless of what he says or does,and that is just 180 degrees off. You obviously think we are Trump versions of your beloved Bush-Bots. It just ain't so.

A couple of things. 

I was addressing some off-the-wall statements made by another member.  There is no "we", unless you have a hamster in your pocket.

Purely for your benefit, Pete....when you disagree with people and the first thing you do is accuse them of being "Bush-bots", it makes you seem....well, like you're a few sandwiches short of a picnic.  You know what I mean?   And I don't think you are.  Not really.

From what I have seen the majority of us were never more than reluctant Trump supporters,and even that was because it was a choice between him and Bubbette! Clinton,the Wicked Witch of the West

Okay, good for you.  You don't need to justify your vote to me.

You all also seem to be seriously steamed that so-far Trump has done or is trying to do precisely what he said he was going to do,making Anti-Trumpers look sillier and less relevant with each day that passes.

Let me have some detailed examples of my "steam".  Go ahead and provide them, and I'll get back to you.

What you're going to find is my statement upthread that I have no problem with keeping threats out of the country.    But I'll let you try to prove your emotion-based accusation.

No,he isn't JEB.For which we should all be grateful because JEB is anti-American,like the rest of the scum in his family.

What does Jeb have to do with anything?

So is McLunatic,Lady Lindsey,and practically every other candidate that ran pretending to be conservatives. Other than the possible exception of Ted Cruz,they were all treasonous scum appeasers.[/b]

I don't have much use for McCain or Graham, but I'm going to judge Trump on his actions as president.  If he does something good, I'll give him credit.  If he makes a bonehead move, I'll make note of it.  I hope that won't frustrate you too much because that's how it's going to be.

I can't speak for anyone else,but I take the rabid anti-Trump alleged conservatives very seriously. Crazy people are dangerous.

Like people who see "Bushbots" behind every.....bush?  (Omigod!)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

When it comes to me, @sneakypete just makes things up, no matter how ridiculous and false they are.

@Sanguine    @musiclady

How could you know? According to YOU,you have me on ignore and never see my posts.

@Sanguine
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Neither.  I asked a question.

A couple of things. 

I was addressing some off-the-wall statements made by another member.  There is no "we", unless you have a hamster in your pocket.

Purely for your benefit, Pete....when you disagree with people and the first thing you do is accuse them of being "Bush-bots", it makes you seem....well, like you're a few sandwiches short of a picnic.  You know what I mean?   And I don't think you are.  Not really.

Okay, good for you.  You don't need to justify your vote to me.

Let me have some detailed examples of my "steam".  Go ahead and provide them, and I'll get back to you.

What you're going to find is my statement upthread that I have no problem with keeping threats out of the country.    But I'll let you try to prove your emotion-based accusation.

What does Jeb have to do with anything?

I don't have much use for McCain or Graham, but I'm going to judge Trump on his actions as president.  If he does something good, I'll give him credit.  If he makes a bonehead move, I'll make note of it.  I hope that won't frustrate you too much because that's how it's going to be.

Like people who see "Bushbots" behind every.....bush?  (Omigod!)

@CatherineofAragon

Way off topic.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 02:05:05 am by Mod2 »

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Way off topic.

@sneakypete

I don't know what ratpacked means.  And @musiclady has as much to do with our conversation as the Bush family, which is nothing.

I don't care what she did or didn't do at TOS.  We weren't discussing her.  But she was a handy subject for you to grab so you could avoid addressing my post.

Don't forget, I'm waiting for you to provide examples of me being "steamed" that Trump won. 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 02:13:53 am by Mod2 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I don't know what ratpacked means.  And @musiclady has as much to do with our conversation as the Bush family, which is nothing.

I don't care what she did or didn't do at TOS.  We weren't discussing her.  But she was a handy subject for you to grab so you could avoid addressing my post.

Don't forget, I'm waiting for you to provide examples of me being "steamed" that Trump won.
@CatherineofAragon

You seem to be overly impressed with your importance to me,as well as blind as a bat if you can't find rabid Anti-Trump rants on every thread with the word "Trump" in it.

What are you going to demand next,that I prove to you that water is wet?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 02:24:02 am by sneakypete »

Offline corbe

@sneakypete for my life here at TBR I can't understand your beef with @musiclady and now you want to pi$$ in @CatherineofAragon Wheaties  two of the many sweet ladies in this room, what gives?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

You seem to be overly impressed with your importance to me,as well as blind as a bat if you can't find rabid Anti-Trump rants on every thread with the word "Trump" in it.

What are you going to demand next,that I prove to you that water is wet?

@sneakypete

I don't give a crap what you think of me.  When you make stupid claims you're expected to back them up, or look like a crackpot to the rest of the forum.

In which case you flail and deflect because you know your mouth has written a check your butt can't cash (so to speak).

But I'm not giving up on you, Pete.  I know you can show some examples of ME being "steamed" over Trump's win.  So you'll want to show the forum, right?  Okay, then.

Go ahead.

Silver Pines

@sneakypete for my life here at TBR I can't understand your beef with @musiclady and now you want to pi$$ in @CatherineofAragon Wheaties  two of the many sweet ladies in this room, what gives?

@corbe, I appreciate it, friend.  But I am not that sweet, trust me.

Online mountaineer

Some folks think TBR is too pro-Trump; others say there's too much anti-Trump sentiment. I guess that means Myst is doing things just right, in that the forum permits different opinions and is not an echo chamber.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Some folks think TBR is too pro-Trump; others say there's too much anti-Trump sentiment. I guess that means Myst is doing things just right, in that the forum permits different opinions and is not an echo chamber.

Bingo!  888high58888
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I don't give a crap what you think of me.  When you make stupid claims you're expected to back them up, or look like a crackpot to the rest of the forum.

In which case you flail and deflect because you know your mouth has written a check your butt can't cash (so to speak).

But I'm not giving up on you, Pete.  I know you can show some examples of ME being "steamed" over Trump's win.  So you'll want to show the forum, right?  Okay, then.

Go ahead.

@CatherineofAragon

A couple of things.

Go ahead.

Ok,show me where you EVER defend a Trump supporter or Trump himself. All *I* ever see you do is whine

Quoted from your post
Re: Trump asked for a ‘Muslim ban,’ Giuliani says — and ordered a commission to do it ‘legally’
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2017, 07:49:44 PM »

(You,quoting me) "that the people here are defending Trump regardless of what he says or does,and that is just 180 degrees off. You obviously think we are Trump versions of your beloved Bush-Bots. It just ain't so. "

And WHERE did *I* call YOU a Bush-Bot? I wrote "your BELOVED Bush-Bots" because you are so keen to defend them. Or is it just a case of the "Old Girl Network" coming to the aid of a sister?

You remind me of the women who play that "Why,bless your heart,darling!" while smiling like a saint game,which is "southern woman-speak for "die in excruciating pain you worthless pile of feces". You AND musiclady,AFATG. You jump on me while defending her,accuse me of saying something I didn't say,and then rant and rave about it while trying to play the offended neutral party.

Seems to me you are good at creating diversions and shifting focuses you don't like by doing stuff like accusing me of calling you a Bush-Bot,and then demanding I defend doing something I didn't even do.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 02:03:08 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Mod1

@sneakypete hey man it's barely 9am I haven't had my coffee and I'm stuck on a Slimfast diet this week.

Can we please tone down the vitriol this early in the morning?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete hey man it's barely 9am I haven't had my coffee and I'm stuck on a Slimfast diet this week.

Can we please tone down the vitriol this early in the morning?

@Mod1

Sure thing. I am done with her after my most recent reply proving I didn't call her a Bush-Bot. If it goes on beyond this,it's on  her.

Offline Mod1

@Mod1

Sure thing. I am done with her after my most recent reply proving I didn't call her a Bush-Bot. If it goes on beyond this,it's on  her.

Thanks I appreciate it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@corbe

I don't WANT to piss off anyone,but don't really care if I do. Politics is an adult game,and if you don't like it being thrown back at you,don't throw it at someone else.

And like most other things,I guess "sweetness" is in the eye of the beholder. I remember musiclady from years ago on another web site,and "sweetness" is a word I never associated with her. She was one of those "smile in your face and stab you in the back" types.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@corbe

I don't WANT to piss off anyone,but don't really care if I do. Politics is an adult game,and if you don't like it being thrown back at you,don't throw it at someone else.

And like most other things,I guess "sweetness" is in the eye of the beholder. I remember musiclady from years ago on another web site,and "sweetness" is a word I never associated with her. She was one of those "smile in your face and stab you in the back" types.

Hang in there, buddy!    888high58888

And please....let them have the last word.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 03:02:04 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

He lives in a fabricated world and what he says about me is not only made up, but mind-numbingly stupid.  (Viking kitties?? LOL!  Where in heaven's name did that fantasy-lie come from??  :silly:)

I used to get upset that he lied incessantly about me here from his sordid imagination, but now I realize that a man who has the need to make things up to fuel his rage has a lot more problems than his insults about me, and I just feel sorry for him.  I figure the vast majority of people here know me well enough to know he's off his rocker, so I don't feel as much need to defend myself as I used to.  It's pointless, because I think he really believes the swill he types, and as I said before, reality doesn't affect his obsession.

I actually think the real problem is that I'm a Christian, and he pretty much despises God and it's making him sick.

Outside of that, I have no clue as to what his problem is.

At any rate, his lies have forced me to put him on Ignore just to save me the aggravation, and I feel bad about that because he's a bright man otherwise, and I have enjoyed reading his perspective on many things.

Thanks for your support @corbe , but I think your words would only have an effect on a rational person.

@CatherineofAragon , and out of courtesy @sneakypete (much love from your imaginary enemy  ^-^)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

@corbe, I appreciate it, friend.  But I am not that sweet, trust me.

LOL!   888high58888

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Silver Pines

LOL!   888high58888

@musiclady

Bushbots do that high-five thing, so let's keep it under the radar.   :laugh:

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

Bushbots do that high-five thing, so let's keep it under the radar.   :laugh:

@CatherineofAragon

Gotcha......

:0006: