Author Topic: How careful human rights diplomacy is finally putting real pressure on North Korea  (Read 321 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
As the world adjusts to the prospect of Donald Trump in the White House, renewed concerns over the handling of North Korea’s nuclear threat are soon likely to emerge. If the last 12 months are any guide, 2017 is shaping up to be dominated by news coverage of further nuclear and missile tests. But under the radar – and crucial for North Korea’s residents – is a painstaking diplomatic effort to put the regime under pressure on another front: its dismal human rights situation.

In the three years since the landmark 2014 report of the UN Commission of Inquiry, which laid out in harrowing detail a number of North Korean crimes against humanity, there are, sadly, few discernible signs of improvement within the country. But the international community is slowly starting to step up.

http://theconversation.com/how-careful-human-rights-diplomacy-is-finally-putting-real-pressure-on-north-korea-70682
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley