Author Topic: Gates: Tillerson's job just got a lot harder  (Read 932 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gates: Tillerson's job just got a lot harder
« on: January 29, 2017, 07:08:57 pm »

By Zachary Warmbrodt

01/29/17 12:54 PM EST

Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Sunday that President Donald Trump's immigration restrictions on predominantly Muslim countries would likely make Secretary of State nominee Rex Tillerson's job harder because of negative reaction in many countries.

Gates told ABC's "This Week" that former senior commanders in Iraq and Afghanistan were also "very concerned" about the order and the impact it will have on those who "helped us in Iraq and Afghanistan, the interpreters, translators and so on, who were promised safe haven in the United States and now may not get it."

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/gates-immigration-order-probably-makes-tillersons-work-harder-234333
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Gates: Tillerson's job just got a lot harder
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 08:17:46 pm »
As time goes on more and more people are not going to want to associate themselves with trump. If and when Mattie's resigns we'll be in real trouble.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 08:23:42 pm »

By Zachary Warmbrodt

01/29/17 12:54 PM EST

Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Sunday that President Donald Trump's immigration restrictions on predominantly Muslim countries would likely make Secretary of State nominee Rex Tillerson's job harder because of negative reaction in many countries.

Gates told ABC's "This Week" that former senior commanders in Iraq and Afghanistan were also "very concerned" about the order and the impact it will have on those who "helped us in Iraq and Afghanistan, the interpreters, translators and so on, who were promised safe haven in the United States and now may not get it."

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/gates-immigration-order-probably-makes-tillersons-work-harder-234333

Complete and total BS by the usual FAKE NEWS suspects. 30 day halt on entry from 7 countries so we can vet the folks coming over here is not a ban on Muslims entering the USA. Thanks goodness I stopped watch the FAKE NEWS (propaganda) on TV.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 08:26:11 pm by jpsb »

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 08:28:13 pm »
Complete and total BS by the usual FAKE NEWS suspects. 30 day halt on entry from 7 countries so we can vet the folks coming over here is not a ban on Muslims entering the USA. Thanks goodness I stopped watch the FAKE NEWS (propaganda) on TV.

A 30 day halt is a 30 day ban.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 08:28:29 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 08:34:38 pm »
A 30 day halt is a 30 day ban.

You really should go join the Rat party. So you are fine letting in Jihadists from Iran, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Libya, Yemen and Somalia. Are you down with Sharia Law too? 30 days to vet those coming over, Oh the horror.

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 08:36:05 pm »
You really should go join the Rat party. So you are fine letting in Jihadists from Iran, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Libya, Yemen and Somalia. Are you down with Sharia Law too? 30 days to vet those coming over, Oh the horror.

Explain how you got that from pointing out that a 30 day halt is a 30 day ban.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 08:42:30 pm »

Since you oppose all things Trump and since you quoted my entire statement it very much appeared that you are against the temporary 30 day delay in allowing entry to the USA from the 7 countries I listed.

Now if you just want to play BS word games, over the meaning of delay, halt or ban I am not interested in continuing the conversation.

HonestJohn

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 08:46:57 pm »
Since you oppose all things Trump and since you quoted my entire statement it very much appeared that you are against the temporary 30 day delay in allowing entry to the USA from the 7 countries I listed.

Now if you just want to play BS word games, over the meaning of delay, halt or ban I am not interested in continuing the conversation.

I'm pointing out that you were making, as you say, "BS word games" as a way to discredit the news article.  You labeled it "fake news" because you were trying to claim that "halting" entry for 30 days *wasn't* a 30-day ban.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 08:48:09 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 09:04:23 pm »
Change is seldom without some pain.  Just because it will make things harder, at least in the short term, don't mean it shouldn't be done.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 02:10:11 pm »
Confirm him already

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 02:48:18 pm »

What's fake about the story?  Please point out the inaccuracies or misquotes of Mr. gates.

Oh wait...I get it...anything critical of Trump now is immediately branded "fake news".

That's the new meme.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 02:50:12 pm »
Gates is correct only to the point where it makes it hard to get people in if Trump continues his halt on all refugees.

There are still ways to get people in that have helped us without some wide open policy that allows everyone in.

We were doing it long before O-dummy opened the flood gates...it can still be done in a targeted manner.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 02:58:27 pm »

If you disagree with Trump, you are pro-terrorist.   Don't you get it?

That's the new smear designed to shut down any criticism of anything Trump.

Ugly, ain't it?   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.