Author Topic: Trump registered eight companies in Saudi Arabia during campaign: report  (Read 1622 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Trump registered eight companies in Saudi Arabia during campaign: report
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 07:08:43 pm »
Not in the travel ban BTW. Wonder why?

Because Saudi Arabia is not one of the seven countries the Obama Administration placed on its watch list.

btw, anyone know the total number of dollars the Saudi's channeled into Hillary Clinton's Presidential campaign through the Clinton Foundation?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 07:13:37 pm »
Because Saudi Arabia is not one of the seven countries the Obama Administration placed on its watch list.

btw, anyone know the total number of dollars the Saudi's channeled into Hillary Clinton's Presidential campaign through the Clinton Foundation?

Doesn't matter what Obama or Clinton did. The point is that Trump is the one doing it now.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 07:24:39 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/306990-trump-appeared-to-register-eight-companies-in-saudi-arabia

Not in the travel ban BTW. Wonder why?

The list is from the Obama administration. Didn't your preferred media source tell you that part of the story?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 07:25:19 pm »
Then, it imposes a temporary, 90-day ban on people entering the country from seven countries that Barack Obama and Congress have identified as the top producers of terrorism. And only those seven countries. They are Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen.

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/fake-news-alert-dont-believe-anything-the-media-tells-you-about-a-muslim-ban

Obama and Congress; sometimes one needs continuity in Government and then, policies can be tweaked and adjusted.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 07:47:53 pm »
The list is from the Obama administration. Didn't your preferred media source tell you that part of the story?

"Obama did it too" is an awesome defense, apparently this is supposed to be a good thing now. lol

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 07:52:56 pm »
"Obama did it too" is an awesome defense, apparently this is supposed to be a good thing now. lol

Obama and Clinton are great "conservative" heroes to Trumpers these days.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 08:07:23 pm »
Doesn't matter what Obama or Clinton did. The point is that Trump is the one doing it now.

Doing what? Running a legit hotel business in Saudi Arabia. Oh the horror.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 08:33:33 pm »

If you like your Dearborn, you can keep your Dearborn.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 11:30:04 pm »

@geronl

I think the point some are trying to make, at least speaking for myself, is not necessarily to imitate the BHO administration but to point out the hypocrisy of the left who were quiet when BHO did something similar but now are liking Trump to Hitler when he does same. You are right and I agree that we shouldn't be using the previous administration as a guide in how the current administration conducts themselves. I hope we don't hear 4 or 8 years of "Obama did it, too" but I'm afraid that will be the case

This is why I love my Daniel Horowitz tagline and  apply it to my own political thinking
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 11:32:22 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 12:16:59 am »

So are YOU for or against the stronger national security stance that Trump is putting forth?

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 12:17:25 am »

So are YOU for or against the stronger national security stance that Trump is putting forth?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 12:59:37 am »

No, but the fact that Trump is taking his lead from Obama isn't anymore encouraging.  There are many countries that should be on the watch list.  He is going with Secretary Clintons list of Terrorist nations rather than having his own Secretary of State decide.  Who here ever thought that Barry Obama was in control of the terrorism problem?  The country did not vote for Secretary Clinton or John Kerry's opinions.  They are worthless.  What an excuse if I ever saw one.  Just doing what Obama already did.

I never liked Obama.  Did you?  Didn't trust him to make any judgment on the Middle East or terrorism in general.

Who's On The List Of State Sponsors Of Terrorism, And Why

April 15, 2015·12:26 PM ET

ablo Martinez Monsivais/AP

The White House announced Tuesday that President Obama would remove Cuba from the U.S. list of state sponsors of terrorism. That got us thinking about which other nations are on the list, how they got there, whether any others have been removed, and what happens to countries when they're put on (or taken off) the list.

Who's On The List?

Aside from Cuba, there are three other countries currently on the list:
?Iran, there since Jan. 19, 1984
?Sudan, since Aug. 12, 1993
?Syria, since the list's inception on Dec. 29, 1979
?Cuba, added March 1, 1982

The countries that have been removed are Iraq, Libya, North Korea and the former South Yemen.

Why Are they There?

Three laws dictate a country's presence on the list:
?Section 6j of the Export Administration Act of 1979
?Section 40 of the Arms Export Control Act
?Section 620 of the Foreign Assistance Act

To be added to the list, according to the U.S. State Department, the secretary of state "must determine that the government of such country has repeatedly provided support for acts of international terrorism."

That designation triggers unilateral sanctions by the U.S. These include a ban on weapons exports and sales; the imposition of financial and other curbs, as well as a ban on economic assistance; and restrictions on the exports of items that can be used by the country to enhance its military capability or its ability to support terrorism.

Cuba was previously accused by the State Department of being a safe haven for armed left-wing groups from Colombia and Spain. In its most recent report on terrorism, the State Department noted that "there was no indication that the Cuban government provided weapons or paramilitary training to terrorist groups." But, it added: "The Cuban government continued to harbor fugitives wanted in the United States. The Cuban government also provided support such as housing, food ration books, and medical care for these individuals."

Iran was cited for its support of the Shiite group Hezbollah, as well as Hamas in Gaza, the Houthis in Yemen and other militant groups across the region.

Sudan was listed for allowing terrorist groups to operate on its soil, but the State Department notes that the country "remained a generally cooperative counterterrorism partner and continued to take action to address threats to U.S. interests and personnel in Sudan."

Syria, the report said, continued its political support of groups such as Hezbollah and other groups.

It's worth noting that being on a U.S. list of state sponsors of terrorism does not necessarily mean that the country stops trading with other nations. Typically, as in the case of Iran, strong multilateral sanctions are needed to have an impact.

How Do Countries Get Removed?

For a country to get off the list, the U.S. secretary of state must make a recommendation to the president. Should the president accept the recommendation, a 45-day review follows during which Congress can vote on whether to block the move. A country can be officially removed from the list after that time.

Just because a country is no longer on the list doesn't necessarily mean it is considered a U.S. ally, but it does mean the U.S. and said country can enjoy a semblance of normal relations.

As President Obama told NPR in an interview this month: "There are areas where there are serious differences, and you know, I don't expect immediate transformation in the Cuban-American relationship overnight," he said. "But I do see the possibility — a great hunger within Cuba — to begin a change — a process that ultimately, I think, can lead to more freedom and more opportunity."

Indeed, countries that have been removed from the list are not all U.S. allies.

For example, Iraq was one of the original members of the list, but it was removed in 1982 during the Iran-Iraq War when the U.S. was supporting Saddam Hussein. Iraq was slapped back on the list in 1990 following its invasion of Kuwait.

Libya, another of the original members, was removed in 2006 when its then leader, Moammar Gadhafi, gave up his program to make weapons of mass destruction and, in the words of the U.S., renounced his support of terrorism.

North Korea was removed in 2008 following commitments it made on its nuclear program.

South Yemen was removed when it was united with the north.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/04/15/399809412/whos-on-the-list-of-state-sponsors-of-terrorism-and-why

Old information.  Old administration.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 01:01:24 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 01:19:53 am »
The United Kingdom declared the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist group after an 18-month study ordered by British Prime Minister David Cameron — and the Obama administration slammed the document as flying in the face of the Brotherhood's history as a "nonviolent Islamist group."

The report, which Cameron presented to the House of Commons on Thursday, described the Muslim Brotherhood as anti-democratic, openly supportive of terrorism, dedicated to establishing an Islamist government — and opposed to the rule of law, individual liberty, and equality.

"Aspects of the Muslim Brotherhood's ideology and activities … run counter to British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, equality and the mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs," Cameron said in a statement with the report's release. "The Muslim Brotherhood is not the only movement that promotes values which appear intolerant of equality and freedom of faith and belief."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/uk-declare-muslim-brotherhood-terrorist/2015/12/22/id/706848/

All about the Muslim Brotherhood

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/printgroupProfile.asp?grpid=6386

And we should trust Obama, Clinton, Kerry terrorist designation list?  Please click on the link above to see the section labeled Recent Developments.  Muslim Brother talks about it duty to Jihad against America.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 01:24:35 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 05:24:41 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijackers_in_the_September_11_attacks
The hijackers in the September 11 attacks were 19 men affiliated with al-Qaeda. 15 of the 19 were citizens of Saudi Arabia, and the others were from the United Arab Emirates (2), Egypt and Lebanon.[1] The hijackers were organized into four teams, each led by a pilot-trained hijacker with three or four "muscle hijackers" who were trained to help subdue the pilots, passengers, and crew.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis