Author Topic: Gorbachev is worried about a world war. He hopes Trump and Putin can stop it.  (Read 406 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The last time Mikhail Gorbachev made American news, the former Soviet dictator sounded upbeat.

Of the incoming President Trump, he told the Associated Press in December: "He has little political experience, but, maybe it's good."

Of his successor, autocratic Russian President Vladmir Putin: "He is a strong person," the 85-year-old Gorbachev said.

"Together, they could lead the world" to peace, he told the reporter, and sang a song after the interview.

Putin and Trump both have called for stronger nuclear weapons in their countries since then. Now Gorbachev is back in the press — warning of possible global war.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/01/29/mikhail-gorbachev-is-worried-about-a-world-war-he-hopes-trump-and-putin-can-stop-it/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley