Author Topic: East Texas business targeted with Alt Right signs  (Read 2512 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
East Texas business targeted with Alt Right signs
« on: January 29, 2017, 01:05:12 am »
This group, Identity Evropa is an overt White Nationalist organization, not some trolls or 'misunderstood' Conservative group that was improperly labeled. Snap shots of some of their signs in the first reply,

It's a movement that began in Internet forums on websites like Reddit and 4Chan, and has turned into what some call a growing hotbed of white supremacy. The Southern Poverty Law Center describes the Alternative Right movement as one that "follows a loose set of far-right ideals centered on white identity."

And now, the movement's influence is spilling over into East Texas, as fliers for an off-shoot organization called Identity Evropa are beginning to appear in Tyler. One that read "Equality is a False God" was pasted onto the front door of a dentist's office in Tyler. That dentist is of Arab descent and practices the Muslim faith.....

http://www.kltv.com/story/34367293/alt-right-signs

Offline ABX

Re: East Texas business targeted with Alt Right signs
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 01:06:37 am »

HonestJohn

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 01:07:58 am »
Who didn't predict that a Trump victory would empower these organizations to go out into the open under the guise of 'conservatism'?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 01:12:18 am »
Who didn't predict that a Trump victory would empower these organizations to go out into the open under the guise of 'conservatism'?

Yup. They aren't really right as we understand it in the anglosphere. They're more akin to the "euro-right" which aren't at all conservative.

Offline ABX

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 01:16:46 am »
Yup. They aren't really right as we understand it in the anglosphere. They're more akin to the "euro-right" which aren't at all conservative.

EXACTLY. It isn't Liberty oriented right. It is Authoritarian/Identity oriented right like in European politics. Our 'Right' traditionally has been very different than European right. Liberty was uniquely American in its approach.

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 01:24:32 am »

EXACTLY. It isn't Liberty oriented right. It is Authoritarian/Identity oriented right like in European politics. Our 'Right' traditionally has been very different than European right. Liberty was uniquely American in its approach.

Not anymore.

The American 'right' has been coopted... and with thunderous applause.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 01:35:54 am »
"East Texas business targeted with Alt Right signs..."

If the "signs" in reply 1 are the ones to which the title refers, well, they seem quite restrained in their message.

And -- howls of protest to ensue -- I have no problems with them.

Indeed, I AGREE with their "message".

If you don't like my opinion, too bad. Hurl whatever insults you wish.

Offline ABX

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 01:41:21 am »
"East Texas business targeted with Alt Right signs..."

If the "signs" in reply 1 are the ones to which the title refers, well, they seem quite restrained in their message.

And -- howls of protest to ensue -- I have no problems with them.

Indeed, I AGREE with their "message".

If you don't like my opinion, too bad. Hurl whatever insults you wish.

That's how the snake gets into the tent, as the old saying goes. It slithers slowly, making little noise. It has a few bright colors you may think are pretty. You think the hiss sounds benign. But one should always look for the fangs behind hidden away.

These groups are even more subtle than the Council of Conservative Citizens, Stormfront's attempt to create a benign front.

But have no doubt about what they stand for. They are crystal clear in their beliefs and who is behind them if you scratch the surface.

I'm oft reminded of Jesus being tempted in the wilderness, being offered every thing one would think he wants.

What is there if you gain the world but lose your soul?

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 01:41:35 am »
With people like Pat Buchanan, holocaust denier, on the DT bandwagon why is anyone surprised at the rise of white supremacy.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 01:45:06 am »
SPLC map of the US; even if one doesn't like them, it is an interesting reference. Per the map, Alaska and Hawaii do not have any of these organizations. These are organizations of all types, some may well not belong on there.

https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 01:49:14 am »
Not anymore.

My model of the American Right.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 01:51:12 am »
That's how the snake gets into the tent, as the old saying goes. It slithers slowly, making little noise. It has a few bright colors you may think are pretty. You think the hiss sounds benign. But one should always look for the fangs behind hidden away.

These groups are even more subtle than the Council of Conservative Citizens, Stormfront's attempt to create a benign front.

But have no doubt about what they stand for. They are crystal clear in their beliefs and who is behind them if you scratch the surface.

I'm oft reminded of Jesus being tempted in the wilderness, being offered every thing one would think he wants.

It's a delicate balance. There are organizations for those of other ethnicities. We have a black history month; what if they started having a white history month?

You have organizations that are probably not threatening such as LULAC for Hispanics, the League of United Latin American Citizens. What if there was a League of United White Citizens? Whenever whites have a civic group it always seems to come off bad.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:52:17 am by TomSea »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 01:55:22 am »

It's exactly how the queers pushed their agenda.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 01:56:30 am »
There is a website I've looked at before and it doesn't have any racist stuff on it; what it does show is what it calls the accomplishments of white Detroit. Back in the day, Detroit was some magnificent city, built the car, great buildings. It was an interesting perspective. All I did was go look for pictures of Detroit, not looking at any seedy sources.

Offline ABX

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 01:57:18 am »
It's a delicate balance. There are organizations for those of other ethnicities. We have a black history month; what if they started having a white history month?

You have organizations that are probably not threatening such as LULAC for Hispanics, the League of United Latin American Citizens. What if there was a League of United White Citizens? Whenever whites have a civic group it always seems to come off bad.

Last time I checked, we had German American associations, Irish American associations. Armenian American associations. St. Patrick's Day, Columbus Day, Bastille Day (depending on what part of the country you are in), and so on and so on and so on. There isn't one 'white' culture or identity. At that, these groups who try to imagine a single 'European' or 'White' identity are pretty much clueless about history and culture.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 01:58:46 am »
There are Polish, German, Czech, etc. fraternal organizations.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 02:03:06 am »
With people like Pat Buchanan, holocaust denier, on the DT bandwagon why is anyone surprised at the rise of white supremacy.

I don't think there is any surprise when you throw in the rise of BLM, La Raza, cultural appropriation, multiculturalism, and political correctness.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 02:08:36 am »

Has a whole lot more to do, with Texas than any other single factor. How about them apples?

You know, the redneck old South thingies. Everybody in the South is a racist, since a few were/are.

Throwing this shit out as anther way to associate Trump's win is ridiculous.

As site "media advisor," one would think you would be obligated to observe the site owners request to stop.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2017, 02:15:47 am »
I don't think there is any surprise when you throw in the rise of BLM, La Raza, cultural appropriation, multiculturalism, and political correctness.

The sad part is so many embrace the latter because they think it is the alternative to the former (and vice versa). Many African Americans embrace BLM because they think it is the alternative counter to White Nationalist types. Many of those types embrace groups like this Evropa or CCC thinking it is a counter to BLM, La Raza, etc.

But when you get down to it, they are all falling into the same trap, embracing the same thing, just with a different complexion.

The alternative to all of this is not identity politics or authoritarianism, it is liberty and individualism.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2017, 02:47:11 am »
The sad part is so many embrace the latter because they think it is the alternative to the former (and vice versa). Many African Americans embrace BLM because they think it is the alternative counter to White Nationalist types. Many of those types embrace groups like this Evropa or CCC thinking it is a counter to BLM, La Raza, etc.

But when you get down to it, they are all falling into the same trap, embracing the same thing, just with a different complexion.

The alternative to all of this is not identity politics or authoritarianism, it is liberty and individualism.

One of the things I have been reviewing lately is 'consent'. Removing my consent, whether consciously or subconsciously (and recognizing that subconscious process), to information manipulation.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2017, 11:38:31 am »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2017, 11:38:57 am »
Last time I checked, we had German American associations, Irish American associations. Armenian American associations. St. Patrick's Day, Columbus Day, Bastille Day (depending on what part of the country you are in), and so on and so on and so on. There isn't one 'white' culture or identity. At that, these groups who try to imagine a single 'European' or 'White' identity are pretty much clueless about history and culture.

Yup.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2017, 11:57:44 am »
@Cripplecreek @HonestJohn @guitar4jesus

Coolidge signed some of questionable legislation on immigration.

Some states never lynched a black man and have always respected individual freedom, their history is rich: http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/shipp/lynchingsstate.html

My model for the American right.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 12:19:03 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2017, 12:00:21 pm »
Not anymore.

@HonestJohn

No, Trump is a Yankee, and like a Union general, he steamrolls immorality versus your hateful speech or that of the most racially dividing president ever, Obama.

Wisconsin is not like your Florida and some other states.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:52:27 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2017, 12:20:37 pm »

Prove it. Trump's a Yankee, I don't think you are. That's your democratic baggage.