Author Topic: BASEBALL 2017---Bring it On!!!  (Read 95801 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: BASEBALL 2017---Bring it On!!!
« Reply #1025 on: October 07, 2017, 12:12:31 am »
Are you kidding? If that salami prods the Indians to win this game and give them two legs up
going to New York Sunday, Cleveland will nominate him for sainthood!

And it may just do that!

Actually, depending on the definition of the term, and the condition of Lindor's soul, he may already BE a saint!  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1026 on: October 07, 2017, 12:27:07 am »
And a Jay Bruce HR ties it up!!

I LOVE this TEAM!!!! :cheerlead: :cheerlead: :cheerlead: :cheerlead: :cheerlead:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1027 on: October 07, 2017, 12:58:53 am »
. . . and they go to extra innings at the Prog, the Yankees and the Indians tied at eight . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #1028 on: October 07, 2017, 12:59:46 am »
Meanwhile, at Nationals Park, Stephen Strasburg and Kyle Hendricks matching
zeroes through five . . . Strasburg working hitless, incidentally . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1029 on: October 07, 2017, 01:12:09 am »
. . . and they go to extra innings at the Prog, the Yankees and the Indians tied at eight . . .

Bottom of the 10th.

Git er done, Tribe!

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #1030 on: October 07, 2017, 01:25:29 am »
To the eleventh . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #1031 on: October 07, 2017, 02:19:37 am »
THE INDIANS WIN IT!! YAN GOMES WALKS IT OFF WITH A BASE HIT SCORING AUSTIN JACKSON
IN THE BOTTOM OF THE THIRTEENTH! 9-8 YOUR FINAL!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1032 on: October 07, 2017, 02:20:28 am »
Great game!  Congrats Indians! Hope you have to play 3 more just like this one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #1033 on: October 07, 2017, 03:22:03 am »
Great game!  Congrats Indians! Hope you have to play 3 more just like this one!
Er, they only need to win one more. ;)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1034 on: October 07, 2017, 03:32:34 am »
I just got the smile off my face.  :laugh:

What a GAME!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1035 on: October 07, 2017, 03:35:23 am »
Er, they only need to win one more. ;)

Yeah! That's what I heard.  Don't mind if it takes them three to get it!  :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1036 on: October 07, 2017, 03:36:40 am »
Yeah! That's what I heard.  Don't mind if it takes them three to get it!  :beer:

Not a CHANCE, my friend!

This team believes it can do ANYTHING........................ and so do I!!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1037 on: October 07, 2017, 03:43:46 am »
Not a CHANCE, my friend!

This team believes it can do ANYTHING........................ and so do I!!

Belivin and doin is two separate things!   :smokin:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1038 on: October 07, 2017, 02:06:39 pm »
Belivin and doin is two separate things!   :smokin:

Ahem..................... seems like ONE of our teams had a better overall W-L record than the other.....

Wonder which team that was??    88888cool

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1039 on: October 07, 2017, 02:23:12 pm »
Ahem..................... seems like ONE of our teams had a better overall W-L record than the other.....

Wonder which team that was??    88888cool

And ALL of that matters how much now???   888high58888

Just havin a little PHUNN!  No harm intended! 

Going to be great watching this play out from here on!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1040 on: October 07, 2017, 02:29:22 pm »

Havin' fun myself!  I'm happy for BOTH of us!   888high58888

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1041 on: October 07, 2017, 04:26:04 pm »

Not for me.   I quit.  ###k a GNAT!!

Graphic prior to the 1st batter coming up to the plate, they go around the NATS' infield and say, "Anthony Rendon leads entire MLB in having ZERO errors in his last 59 games...".  His error cost a run and that was followed up by Bryce 'sandlot' Harper who ignores the cut-off man, thinking he could throw out a runner at home...which put Rizzo on 2nd base who moments later, scored the CUBS' 2nd run.

HOW in the hell can you have Stephen Strasburg, surgically cutting up the CUBS lineup, while Kendricks' fastball was the same speed as Strasburg's change-up....and completely make the NATS look totally inept.

I HATE THEM!

Not watching them again, unless they advance to the next round.

And I am a baseball addict.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #1042 on: October 07, 2017, 07:08:33 pm »
There were two things I had a passion for as a child........... music, and baseball.   ^-^

It actually doesn't hurt a bit to have an aggressive, competitive personality, and coordination as a female musician...... especially as a conductor.  ^-^   I actually had quite a few barriers to break down since almost all conductors back in the '60's were male, and my own advisor at college didn't think women could conduct well............ until this tomboy came around!

I stayed home with my kids and taught them how to throw correctly, to bat, and to throw a perfect spiral with a football, and to shoot baskets (I was a pioneer college basketball player on an inter-collegiate women's basketball team in the late '60's).  My husband's an athlete, so he helped a bit.  :dx1:

One of my nicknames at church was "center-fielder" because I did that as a kid at the men's softball practices, but as I aged and slowed, I preferred 1st base.  Never lost my coordination or reflexes........ just my speed.   ^-^

When I get time today, I'll scan and post the glossy photo I have of Terry Francona's dad, Tito, from the 1961 Indians team.  You'll probably get a kick out of it.  (Already posted the one I have of Jimmy Piersall when he died).

@Slip18
@Polly Ticks
@EasyAce

@Polly Ticks

Thank you!  That is just too cool!

I loved music, too, but could not carry a note🎵.  So I became a court reporter, sort of a conductor in court.
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #1043 on: October 07, 2017, 07:17:56 pm »
Not for me.   I quit.  ###k a GNAT!!

Graphic prior to the 1st batter coming up to the plate, they go around the NATS' infield and say, "Anthony Rendon leads entire MLB in having ZERO errors in his last 59 games...".  His error cost a run and that was followed up by Bryce 'sandlot' Harper who ignores the cut-off man, thinking he could throw out a runner at home...which put Rizzo on 2nd base who moments later, scored the CUBS' 2nd run.

HOW in the hell can you have Stephen Strasburg, surgically cutting up the CUBS lineup, while Kendricks' fastball was the same speed as Strasburg's change-up....and completely make the NATS look totally inept.

I HATE THEM!

Not watching them again, unless they advance to the next round.

And I am a baseball addict.

I am a baseball addict, too!  We lost with four runs in the first inning with Tawaneezy. pitching.  He is rarely good in the first inning pitching, but with those Dodgers and the way Turner hits, well, we tried.  If those four runs had not happened in the first inning, we could have had a chance, maybe...

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #1044 on: October 07, 2017, 07:26:17 pm »
I loved music, too, but could not carry a note🎵.  So I became a court reporter, sort of a conductor in court.
@Slip18
I love music, too.

I carry four Les Pauls and two Flying Vs. ;)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1045 on: October 07, 2017, 11:06:09 pm »
Hey @Slip18 - here's the glossy of Tito Francona I was talking about from a game I went to in 1961  (sorry about the weirdness of the scan.  The photo doesn't have dots in it!)  You can see the resemblance with Terry, I think.

Everyone in my family was a baseball fan........ my two brothers and older sister are still fanatics, and watch every game and keep up with everything.  My younger sister stopped watching the Indians because she got so emotionally involved that she didn't think it was healthy!  ^-^

btw, music and sports are a great combo.......... even if you just listen!

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #1046 on: October 08, 2017, 11:09:52 pm »
Hey @Slip18 - here's the glossy of Tito Francona I was talking about from a game I went to in 1961  (sorry about the weirdness of the scan.  The photo doesn't have dots in it!)  You can see the resemblance with Terry, I think.

Great image!  Nice looking guy!

We have four different teams we root for in my family of 11! LOL!

Not a one is a Dodgers' fan.

We have one American League, the Angels.  Then in the National League, we have D-Backs, Pads and the Giants. Great fun this time of year. :dancer: :dancer: :ODIO:

We really all root for each other in a very friendly way.

Everyone in my family was a baseball fan........ my two brothers and older sister are still fanatics, and watch every game and keep up with everything.  My younger sister stopped watching the Indians because she got so emotionally involved that she didn't think it was healthy!  ^-^

btw, music and sports are a great combo.......... even if you just listen!

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #1047 on: October 08, 2017, 11:13:55 pm »
@musiclady

I do not know how I did that up there!  LOL!  Hope you laugh with me! Hehehehe!

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #1048 on: October 08, 2017, 11:23:32 pm »
@musiclady

I love music, too.  I have my music going all the time when I am working in the backyard.  My outdoor kitties know I am there when music is being played!

@Freya

We have those four new gorgeous kittens!  Right now I am getting them ready for adoption.  They are such cuties.  Momma, Tuffy, was nursing them last night around 11:00. I had turned on all of the backyard lights, plus the colorful soiree lights, and three timed fake candles in my opened shed.  A neighbor told me he had seen owl.

Not in my backyard!  They are so protected.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1049 on: October 08, 2017, 11:38:34 pm »
@musiclady

I do not know how I did that up there!  LOL!  Hope you laugh with me! Hehehehe!

@Slip18

It was fun!  888high58888

Just saw the Yankee fans boo Girardi when he was introduced.  **nononono*

One more reason to hate the Yankees!