Author Topic: BASEBALL 2017---Bring it On!!!  (Read 95330 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: BASEBALL 2017---Bring it On!!!
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2017, 08:34:21 pm »
Hey @DCPatriot!  We have a couple of good games lined up, tonight and tomorrow!  Four excellent pitchers.  I thought letting Scherzer go was a mistake...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #151 on: May 03, 2017, 08:36:12 pm »
Hey @DCPatriot!  We have a couple of good games lined up, tonight and tomorrow!  Four excellent pitchers.  I thought letting Scherzer go was a mistake...

I'm still saying the same about Scherzer. I think that may have been why Dombrowski was sent packing.

At least Miggy is back and hit a home run last night.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #152 on: May 03, 2017, 08:37:39 pm »
I'm still saying the same about Scherzer. I think that may have been why Dombrowski was sent packing.

At least Miggy is back and hit a home run last night.

You guys are here for two games next week, then later in the season we're there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2017, 08:55:41 pm »

It wasn't so much letting Max Scherzer go as it was a) tying the Tigers up with five or six fat contracts
worth over $480 million and thus compromising some of their flexibility in building/rebuilding the
system (even if Dombrowski did get a nice pitching prospect back from the Mets in the Yoenis Cespedes
deal, Michael Fulmer; and, get JaCoby Jones from the Pirates); and, b) never really building a solid
bullpen during his tenure, that compelled the Tigers to let Dombrowski go.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 08:56:03 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2017, 10:42:12 pm »
You guys are here for two games next week, then later in the season we're there.

Hard to say how the Tigers are going to do this season.

I think the way they're handling injuries this year is a lot smarter. Rather than letting a player try to play through a minor injury and end up out for a month, they're putting them on a 10 day DL immediately so they can fully heal from the minor injury.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #155 on: May 03, 2017, 10:49:42 pm »
Toledo Mud Hens in Twitter dispute over Beatles-themed uniform reveal

The official Twitter account from the 'World Famous' Toledo Mud Hens, the Detroit Tigers' Triple-A affiliate, isn't backing down after the Fresno Grizzlies essentially accused the Mud Hens of copying their idea.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2017/05/02/toledo-mud-hens-uniform-beatles/101215792/

The MudHen's Bobba Fett uniforms were pretty good too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #156 on: May 03, 2017, 10:50:38 pm »
Hard to say how the Tigers are going to do this season.

I think the way they're handling injuries this year is a lot smarter. Rather than letting a player try to play through a minor injury and end up out for a month, they're putting them on a 10 day DL immediately so they can fully heal from the minor injury.

It takes a good set of farm teams to be able to do that.  Glad you can.
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2017, 11:48:30 pm »
How can one leave this group?

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2017, 12:00:05 am »

Uh, you can check out any time you like but you can never leave?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2017, 12:14:08 am »

Why don't you stab it with your steely knives for a while and let us know how it goes?
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #160 on: May 04, 2017, 12:17:04 am »
So, the Orioles/Red Sox Saga continues. 

In the 2nd inning, O's starter Kevin Gausman plunks Sox shortstop 'Xander Bogaerts in the left butt cheek....with a 77 mph breaking ball.

Immediately the home plate Umpire ejected Gausman....and the O's went nutz! 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #161 on: May 04, 2017, 12:25:39 am »

In the 2nd inning, O's starter Kevin Gausman plunks Sox shortstop 'Xander Bogaerts in the left butt cheek....with a 77 mph breaking ball.

That's outrageous!  Was there a fight?  Hit in the ass with a 77?  Shit, my Dad spanked me harder than that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #162 on: May 04, 2017, 12:31:44 am »
That's outrageous!  Was there a fight?  Hit in the ass with a 77?  Shit, my Dad spanked me harder than that.

No fight....but I half expected the O's catcher (Joseph) to cold-cock the HP umpire during the outbreak.

What bugs the hell out of me.....if this was the National League, the Tinkerbell, Chris Sale, wouldn't have thrown at Machado.

Maybe Manny is good friends with a few NL hurlers....you never know.    :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #163 on: May 04, 2017, 01:07:09 am »

Considering the Red Sox nonsense since the final game of the set in Camden Yards a week and a half ago,
can you blame the Orioles? I mean, I get that the plate ump wanted to put an end to it, but anyone
who didn't think that even the Orioles were going to send a message to the Red Sox after all the other
crap just didn't think, period. The ejection was too quick. Nobody wants to see anyone hurt,
but the Orioles had every right to send a message at last and throwing a 77 mph pitch in the ass isn't exactly
going to decapitate or amputate anyone. All the ump had to do was what the plate ump Tuesday did after
Chris Sale drilled Manny Machado: send out the warnings.

The foolish part: Apparently, before the game, MLB had a conference call with both teams and all but told
them to knock it the hell off. (Also: there's a chance that Sale will be suspended for throwing at Machado.)

Wingnut

« Reply #164 on: May 04, 2017, 01:19:39 pm »
Uh, you can check out any time you like but you can never leave?
Why don't you stab it with your steely knives for a while and let us know how it goes?

..... they just can't kill the beast!

Go Cubbies

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #165 on: May 04, 2017, 01:30:59 pm »
No game in Detroit today.

Ark building is optional.

Carry on.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #166 on: May 04, 2017, 01:31:57 pm »

Carry on.

I think the whole middle third of the country is waterlogged.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2017, 01:39:57 pm »
I think the whole middle third of the country is waterlogged.

Its been raining here since March. Mark my words, by the end of summer they'll be reporting the shocking news that the great lakes are at record levels.

Wingnut

« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2017, 01:54:35 pm »

Chicago Cubs
15-12, 1st in National League Central
Today, 1:20 PM on WGN, CSPh
Wrigley Field, Chicago, Illinois

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2017, 01:56:34 pm »
Astros currently 19/9 .679  Best in baseball currently!

Go Stros!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 01:59:01 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2017, 02:36:42 pm »
Astros currently 19/9 .679  Best in baseball currently!

Go Stros!

.... even this Correa line....

3 Hr, 11 RBI's, .255 ba

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #171 on: May 04, 2017, 02:41:49 pm »
.... even this Correa line....

3 Hr, 11 RBI's, .255 ba

Last night Correa went 4/5 (two singles a double and one 4 bagger) as the stros drubbed the Rangers 10 to 1.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #172 on: May 04, 2017, 02:44:02 pm »
Last night Correa went 4/5 (two singles a double and one 4 bagger) as the stros drubbed the Rangers 10 to 1.

Yep, and that line even includes last night's performance.  Maybe he is turning it around

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #173 on: May 04, 2017, 03:04:29 pm »

Carry on.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2017, 11:02:26 pm »
Cue the music: The Evil Empire has returned
Andrew Marchand

CHICAGO -- As Brett Gardner's two-out, two-strike, ninth-inning, three-run homer traveled through the bitterly cold and windy Wrigley air, you could almost imagine the soundtrack to the shot.

Dun, dun, dun, dun, tadah ... dun tadah

The supposedly rebuilding New York Yankees were making the world champion Chicago Cubs feel like lovable losers again. The Cubs were classy all day, handing a ring to Adam Warren for his 35 innings of 5.91 ERA work in 2016, having a little pregame ceremony for Aroldis Chapman -- who, in Game 7 of the World Series, almost joined the Billy Goat, Leon Durham and the black cat in Cubs misery -- and putting together a video tribute for Starlin Castro as if he were Derek Jeter.

It appeared as if the Cubs were going to cap off the day with a victory. Hector Rondon was being asked to close it out instead of Wade Davis, who had pitched each of the past three days. Rondon allowed two runners to reach with two outs to set up Gardner in the ninth.

Gardner pulled a hanging 2-2 slider to right, which was almost the only direction the ball could go out with the wind so fierce.

It flew through the air and ...

Dun, dun, dun, dun, tadah ... dun tadah

lots more [bullshit]   :whistle:  at:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/yankees/post/_/id/96157/cue-the-music-the-evil-empire-has-returned