Author Topic: Sasse Statement on Border Security and Muslim Nations  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Sasse Statement on Border Security and Muslim Nations
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 11:34:24 pm »
The lesson I take away from this situation is that the White House is no place for on the job training.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 11:39:38 pm »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 11:42:35 pm »
Rangler..  throw us a bit, scrap, or morsel, a sparkling black bass, a snippit every now and then .

Sorry... the forum software is terrible:

"The President is right to focus attention on the obvious fact that borders matter. At the same time, while not technically a Muslim ban, this order is too broad. There are two ways to lose our generational battle against jihadism by losing touch with reality. The first is to keep pretending that jihadi terrorism has no connection to Islam or to certain countries. That’s been a disaster. And here's the second way to fail: If we send a signal to the Middle East that the U.S. sees all Muslims as jihadis, the terrorist recruiters win by telling kids that America is banning Muslims and that this is America versus one religion. Both approaches are wrong, and both will make us less safe. Our generational fight against jihadism requires wisdom."

Offline the_doc

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 01:32:20 am »

Sorry... the forum software is terrible:

[Sasse said] "The President is right to focus attention on the obvious fact that borders matter. At the same time, while not technically a Muslim ban, this order is too broad. There are two ways to lose our generational battle against jihadism by losing touch with reality. The first is to keep pretending that jihadi terrorism has no connection to Islam or to certain countries. That’s been a disaster. And here's the second way to fail: If we send a signal to the Middle East that the U.S. sees all Muslims as jihadis, the terrorist recruiters win by telling kids that America is banning Muslims and that this is America versus one religion. Both approaches are wrong, and both will make us less safe. Our generational fight against jihadism requires wisdom."

Although I am almost never the first guy to side with Trump. I have to say that Sasse has less wisdom than Sasse realizes. 

The root problem, the one that America needs to face courageously, the one that Sasse is completely overlooking, is that true Islam--as defined authoritatively by its own scriptures, no less--is a flat-out, evil, violent religion that is disqualified from claiming special religious protections, precisely because it is a politico-military entity that is motivated by Mohammed's many, many commands to attack freedom-loving, peaceful folks--stealing their wealth, raping their women and children, torturing them, and otherwise enslaving them--and most importantly, killing them ["strike their necks"] if they do not cower in submission.

And since Islam is the only major "religion" that condones lying to anyone outside the ranks of the "faithful," we should not be surprised to hear all of the "peaceful coexistence" propaganda that the leading Muslims are spewing out all over America, especially on dumbed-down college campuses.  Their incessant lying in this regard, over and over and over even vehemently accusing us of rank bigotry, is a stratagem by which they intend to enslave us and/or murder us (as the FBI has discovered in confidential documents seized from jihadists about a decade ago).

When the enemy's vanguard uses lying as its chief weapon, our chief weapon must be the Truth.  And that is the weapon that Senator Sasse does not seem willing to use. That is not wise.  We need to pull out all stops to defeat an enemy that is determined to fight to the death.

On our home front, the Muslims have recruited useful idiots by lying.  Those useful idiots (foolish kids and miscellaneous liberals who talk about love and peace--and throwing bricks at cops) have become solidly aligned with the serious enemies of American sovereignty.  They have swallowed coexistence propaganda.  We need to start a counter-propaganda campaign, not keep calling PC wisdom. 

This will be difficult.  We have to protect the genuinely patriotic, genuinely peaceful American Muslims.  (One of my best friends is a Sufi Muslim.  He loves America--and he despises the people who take the Koran and Hadditha seriously.)  But we need to do this knowing that the peaceful Muslims are actually Muslims in name only.  Our real enemies are the real Muslims.  And we'd better find a way to teach that distinction--even at the risk of increasing the radicals' recruiting efforts.  We just don't have any other choice.

The most unwise thing GWB ever said was "Islam is peaceful." 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 02:01:39 am »
Something seems very odd about the specific countries that are identified versus excluded from the ban. Missing from the list are some major countries like Saudi Arabia (you know, the place where most of the 9/11 hijackers came from and is a hotbed for sponsorship of jihadism).

Hmmmmm... I would hope the reason some countries were excluded from the ban list wasn't because...

Trump has business interest there or they are investors in his business (like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Turkey, Egypt).

It is interesting though that every country in the ME that he has business interests in was excluded.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 02:52:43 am »
Something seems very odd about the specific countries that are identified versus excluded from the ban. Missing from the list are some major countries like Saudi Arabia (you know, the place where most of the 9/11 hijackers came from and is a hotbed for sponsorship of jihadism).

Hmmmmm... I would hope the reason some countries were excluded from the ban list wasn't because...

Trump has business interest there or they are investors in his business (like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Turkey, Egypt).

It is interesting though that every country in the ME that he has business interests in was excluded.

Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kenya, Qatar, Nigeria, India ..........

http://economicsandpeace.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Global-Terrorism-Index-2015.pdf
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 03:04:50 am »
It is interesting though that every country in the ME that he has business interests in was excluded....

I suppose even Trump is smart enough to realize that including countries where he is invested makes the interests even bigger targets than they already are.. :shrug:

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 03:05:58 am »
The most unwise thing GWB ever said was "Islam is peaceful."

Nice post, the_doc.  The religion includes plenty of decent people, but at its core is a jihadist "prophet."  If he were alive today, he would be targeted for a drone strike. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 04:40:57 am »
Nice post, the_doc.  The religion includes plenty of decent people, but at its core is a jihadist "prophet."  If he were alive today, he would be targeted for a drone strike.

Yes, very well said @the_doc.

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 12:47:37 am »
September 11, 2001 was a tragedy.  Since Bush left office, Bammy has done everything that he can to ensure that the United States remains a target for terrorists.  While Sasse says that Trump's order is too broad it is better than doing absolutely nothing like the past  administration has done.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 01:10:33 am »
September 11, 2001 was a tragedy.  Since Bush left office, Bammy has done everything that he can to ensure that the United States remains a target for terrorists.  While Sasse says that Trump's order is too broad it is better than doing absolutely nothing like the past  administration has done.

If Bammy did everything that he could to ensure the the United States remained a target for terrorists why would Trump use his previous list of terrorist nations to implement his EO.  This was an outdated list that came from either Hillary or John Kerry.  Not even a current one.

If we didn't trust Bammy we shouldn't follow his footsteps.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 01:11:10 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 01:33:21 am »

The order tells how they got the list and left it open for tweaking and adding countries to it.   It's good to read the original sources.  It creates an understanding the msm cant give.