Author Topic: A List of the Good Actions Performed by President Trump  (Read 8004 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
A List of the Good Actions Performed by President Trump
« on: January 28, 2017, 10:23:32 pm »
Originally suggested by @IsailedawayfromFR   and @endicom  and posted by @Right_in_Virginia  on this thread.

Figured it is worth keeping as a stand-alone list. It may be considered a companion list to the Promises list (Measuring the Future)compiled by @Smokin Joe. As Joe has said, some of the promises made in the heat of the primaries and election are not necessarily good promises from a conservative point of view.

Discussion of the list is, of course, welcome. Keep it civil - I will delete any uncivil posts, no matter how good the point being made is.

To be added to as new items come up - just post in thread and I'll update the master list once a week or so.

January 20--January 27:

Trump erased all mentions on the White House web site of “climate change.”
Trump issued an Executive order to “ease the burden of Obamacare”
Trump returned the bust of Winston Churchill to the oval office
Trump signed an Executive order withdrawing America from the TPP treaty
Trump issued an Executive order starting the construction of “THE WALL.”
Trump ordered all federal agencies to stop issuing regulations immediately until the rule is reviewed and approved by the new president’s appointed agency head.
Trump issued an Executive order banning funding to foreign pro-abortion groups
Trump imposed a media blackout at the Environmental Protection Agency and barred staff from awarding new contracts or grants
Trump announced a ban on visas from terrorist hotbed countries with inadequate screening
Trump announced the end of “Sanctuary cities” and the defunding of federal funds for any city that chooses to continue breaking the law
Trump announced the hiring of 10,000 new border agents
Trump signed an Executive order demanding the Secretary of Homeland Security publish a weekly list of violent crimes committed by illegal aliens
Trump signed an Executive order freezing the hiring of non-essential federal employees
Trump stopped payment on Obama’s final hour giveaway of $220 million to the Palestinian Authority
Trump used Executive orders to give the go-ahead to the long-stalled Keystone and Dakota Access Pipelines
Trump asked for the resignation of the State Department’s senior management team
Trump announced his intention to withdraw From Climate & Environmental Accords Along With UN Funding Cuts of 40%
Trump halted all Obamacare ads
Trump tweeted “The #MarchForLife is so important. To all of you marching -— you have my full support!”
Trump signed an executive order to begin “a great rebuilding of the armed services of the United States”
Trump signed an executive order suspending the US refugee resettlement program for at least 120 days while tough new vetting rules are established
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 05:14:22 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: A List of the Good Actions Performed by President Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 10:27:18 pm »
@EC

I'm very happy about Churchill's bust being back. What are the feelings about tat from your side of the pond?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 10:30:02 pm »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 10:30:08 pm »
Honestly, it's not that big a thing over here. We made our bit of fuss when the Worm sent it back, by flying it back to the USA in it's own first class seat (complete with a gin).

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 10:42:40 pm »
Originally suggested by @endicom  and posted by @Right_in_Virginia  on this thread.

Figured it is worth keeping as a stand-alone list. It may be considered a companion list to the Promises list compiled by @Smokin Joe (link needed). As Joe has said, some of the promises made in the heat of the primaries and election are not necessarily good promises from a conservative point of view.

Discussion of the list is, of course, welcome. Keep it civil - I will delete any uncivil posts, no matter how good the point being made is.

To be added to as new items come up - just post in thread and I'll update the master list once a week or so.

January 20--January 27:

Trump issued an Executive order to “ease the burden of Obamacare”
Trump returned the bust of Winston Churchill to the oval office
Trump signed an Executive order withdrawing America from the TPP treaty
Trump issued an Executive order starting the construction of “THE WALL.”
Trump ordered all federal agencies to stop issuing regulations immediately until the rule is reviewed and approved by the new president’s appointed agency head.
Trump issued an Executive order banning funding to foreign pro-abortion groups
Trump imposed a media blackout at the Environmental Protection Agency and barred staff from awarding new contracts or grants
Trump announced a ban on visas from terrorist hotbed countries with inadequate screening
Trump announced the end of “Sanctuary cities” and the defunding of federal funds for any city that chooses to continue breaking the law
Trump announced the hiring of 10,000 new border agents
Trump signed an Executive order demanding the Secretary of Homeland Security publish a weekly list of violent crimes committed by illegal aliens
Trump signed an Executive order freezing the hiring of non-essential federal employees
Trump stopped payment on Obama’s final hour giveaway of $220 million to the Palestinian Authority
Trump used Executive orders to give the go-ahead to the long-stalled Keystone and Dakota Access Pipelines
Trump asked for the resignation of the State Department’s senior management team
Trump announced his intention to withdraw From Climate & Environmental Accords Along With UN Funding Cuts of 40%
Trump halted all Obamacare ads
Trump tweeted “The #MarchForLife is so important. To all of you marching -— you have my full support!”
Trump signed an executive order to begin “a great rebuilding of the armed services of the United States”
Trump signed an executive order suspending the US refugee resettlement program for at least 120 days while tough new vetting rules are established

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 11:13:12 pm »
Credit corrected.  :laugh:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 11:18:44 pm »

Couldn't have said it better, myself.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 11:28:55 pm »
As I tell people, I didn't vote for the Orange Ass Clown. But as with any other President, he gets a fair shake and a thumbs up when he does something conservative, even if sometimes for the wrong reasons.

This is a very good list and a good start.
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 11:30:30 pm »
Couldn't have said it better, myself.

Liberal and nevertrumper fear and loathing over nothing.  Picking nits.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 11:42:30 pm »
@EC

Suggested additions:

Removed all Islamic symbols from White House

Removed all Spanish language text from WH website
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 11:47:08 pm »
@EC

Suggested additions:

I think that was a fake news deal.   

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 05:16:48 am »
@EC

Suggested additions:

Do we have any credible confirmation that the first happened and the second is not just a SNAFU with the web team? If so, they can be added.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 05:27:45 am »
Do we have any credible confirmation that the first happened and the second is not just a SNAFU with the web team? If so, they can be added.

With regard to the first, I haven't looked for any but I did venture onto the WH website and confirm that all the Spanish language crap that was there under Obama no longer is.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 05:55:51 am »
I think that was a fake news deal.

@EC

[ Removed all Islamic symbols from White House ]

It was.  Not sure why I can't find it in my posting history, but I followed the link and the article had nothing at all to do with Islam and the actual action taken should go on the bad trump list (IMO).  Some author (author, not poster) just put whatever they wanted in the headline.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 05:57:09 am »

EPA employees did that; not Trump.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 06:02:00 am »
Thank you. It shall not go on the list then. I'm going to wait a week on the Spanish one, @Bigun , in case it is just a glitch with the web team, but otherwise it will go on on Friday.

Seems like a decent system shaking down - someone suggests something for the list, people check it for media BS, and, unless there is VERY strong disagreement, it'll be added.  :laugh:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 06:04:08 am »
@EC

[ Removed all Islamic symbols from White House ]

It was.  Not sure why I can't find it in my posting history, but I followed the link and the article had nothing at all to do with Islam and the actual action taken should go on the bad trump list (IMO).  Some author (author, not poster) just put whatever they wanted in the headline.

Lot of that going on these days apparently!

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,245954.msg1208646.html#msg1208646

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,245617.msg1206144.html#msg1206144
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 06:15:51 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2017, 06:07:59 am »
Thank you. It shall not go on the list then. I'm going to wait a week on the Spanish one, @Bigun , in case it is just a glitch with the web team, but otherwise it will go on on Friday.

Seems like a decent system shaking down - someone suggests something for the list, people check it for media BS, and, unless there is VERY strong disagreement, it'll be added.  :laugh:

888high58888

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2017, 06:22:36 am »

If I were making this list, I'd require at least one link, preferably to discussion threads here, for each. item.  Otherwise, I suspect there will be long arguments about, for example, whether he announced X or announced that he was going to do X, where people are working from memory weeks later.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2017, 06:29:38 am »
Good idea. Some discussion here is definitely fine, but links to another thread with more detail are even better (or this thread will rival the lounge thread in size - last years lounge thread.)

I am hoping to keep on top of it by updating weekly and I do expect things to slow down as days turn into weeks. While he's been more energetic than I dared to dream, in about 3 weeks or so he's going to start running out of things he can do without Congress or the notoriously sluggish Senate signing off on them.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2017, 03:56:18 pm »
Donald Trump gives US military 30 days to prepare anti-ISIS strategy
IndianExpress, Jan 29, 2017, PTI

The plan to be submitted to the US President within 30 days calls for a comprehensive strategy to defeat the ISIS and recommend changes to any US rules of engagement or restrictions that exceed the requirements of international law.

http://indianexpress.com/article/world/donald-trump-gives-us-military-30-days-to-prepare-anti-isis-strategy/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2017, 04:04:18 pm »
Trump Sets 5-Year and Lifetime Lobbying Ban for Officials
NBC.com, Jan 28, 2017, Associated Press

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump acted Saturday to fulfill a key portion of his pledge to "drain the swamp" in Washington, banning administration officials from ever lobbying the U.S. on behalf of a foreign government and imposing a separate five-year ban on other lobbying.

More:  http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-sets-5-year-lifetime-lobbying-ban-officials-n713631

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2017, 05:10:14 pm »
The 30 day time frame for a definite plan on ISIS is good. Whether the plan can be carried out is a separate issue - depending on the recommendations, Congress may need to be involved for it to go forward. Pending strong objections or new information, that gets added.

The lobbying one - good idea and I can't imagine anyone even vaguely conservative disapproving of it. Does he have the legal authority to do this? That is my only question regarding this.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2017, 05:54:04 pm »
@EC

Suggested additions:

He has been removed.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley