Author Topic: Illegal Aliens Really Do Vote – a Lot  (Read 670 times)

rangerrebew

Illegal Aliens Really Do Vote – a Lot
« on: January 28, 2017, 03:12:18 pm »
January 28, 2017
Illegal Aliens Really Do Vote – a Lot
By William Campenni

A warm, sunny Saturday a decade ago, there was a Hispanic festival in our small town, a bedroom community for illegal aliens seeking day labor jobs in the nearby wealthy suburbs. It was a sanctuary city at the time. No problem with the festival itself.  The music was lively and the food tasty.  And don't the Irish have St. Patrick's Day, and the Italians Columbus Day?

While wandering around the festivities, I noticed a table with three nice ladies in front of a "Register To Vote" sign.  Curious about its presence at a festival where the bulk of the crowd was either illegal alien day laborers or legal non-citizens, I went over to inquire.  Before I spoke, one of those nice ladies asked me if I was registered to vote.  Wanting to see where this would go, I said no, and asked how to sign up. A voter registration form was thrust in my hands.  The very first item on these forms, in Virginia and the rest of America, was "I am a citizen of the United States of America," with YES and NO blocks to check.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/01/illegal_aliens_really_do_vote_a_lot.html#ixzz4X4Mpmokl
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Illegal Aliens Really Do Vote – a Lot
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 03:22:46 pm »
For many inside the chattering class Beltway bubble, illegal alien vote fraud is a debating exercise with the endgame political advantage.  But for each and every citizen, it is a theft of that person's sacred vote. As with illegal alien crime, the compassion always goes to the perpetrator, not the victim.  But my vote and your vote was secured and defended by thousands of servicemen over the years, many of whom gave their lives.  It is sad and disgraceful to know that the value of a hard-won vote is being destroyed by people who shouldn't even be in this country. Bring on that investigation!

Offline Victoria33

Re: Illegal Aliens Really Do Vote – a Lot
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 04:14:48 pm »
@rangerrebew
@Oceander
@Freya
@Quix

I read the entire article.  If the writer had read her state election law, she would not have written the article.  The main mistake she makes, is, a county registrar does not make the decision whether a person may be added to the voter list.

Since 2002, the Secretary of State of each state now is responsible for the state master voter list.  The voter registrar of every county sends in the names of the perspective voter to the Secretary of State, Elections Division, and the name is checked by state records and a determination is made whether the person is eligible to  be a registered voter.  Once that is determined, the county registrar is contacted whether or not to add that name to the voter list.

Here is an example of that:
I was a member of the State Republican Women and given charge of registering new voters.  Various members worked with me to do this.  Of course, we wanted to register Republicans rather than Democrats.  How to do this?  One thing we did was, the women went to Gun Shows in their area with their voter registration cards and had people who were not registered, to fill out those cards.  We figured more Republicans would be at Gun Shows, than Democrats.   :silly:

The people who filled out the cards could either mail them in, or give them back to the Republican woman and she would deliver them back to the registrar.  Were these people automatically registered?  No, the names and their information was sent to the Secretary of State, Elections Division, and the names checked.

Another way people think every person who enters a polling place casts a valid vote when they do not:
If there is a problem at a polling place, such as the voter's name is not on that precinct's voter list, but the person insists on voting - the person votes a "Provisional" ballot.  This ballot is a paper ballot and it is sealed in an envelope and delivered to the Early Voting Ballot Board which meets the day after voting.  If the Board determines the voter was not a registered voter to vote in that precinct, the ballot is determined to be invalid and it is rejected.  I was the Judge of the Early Voting Ballot Board for ten years and we rejected every Provisional Ballot during those years.

What uninformed people think they see about people being registered is faulty.  What they think they see at a polling place is faulty.  This is because they don't know the next step in the process.

I also instructed Republican election judges and clerks around Texas in election law.  They then knew the law and followed it at their precincts.  Election judges and clerks do not just sign up to be that and they are.  Every state instructs those people in the law before they do those duties.  They may not know the process after their duties, however.