Author Topic: McCain thinks Trump will face foreign crisis early in presidency  (Read 527 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

McCain thinks Trump will face foreign crisis early in presidency

By John Bresnahan

01/27/17 04:28 PM EST

Updated 01/27/17 05:11 PM EST

Arizona Sen. John McCain told Republican lawmakers that President Donald Trump is likely to face a foreign crisis early in his presidency, and that Congress needs to back up the new commander in chief.

"I think President Trump will probably be tested by one or more of these forces around the world. That would be the North Koreans, the Chinese, the Iranians or the Russians," McCain — chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee—- told members and senators during a closed-door briefing on national security. A recording of McCain's remarks were provided anonymously to POLITICO and other news organizations.

McCain added: "I hope that all of us will support a response which is proportionate. It will also tell [Russian President] Vladimir Putin and the ayatollahs and the Chinese that there's a new team in town."

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/john-mccain-donald-trump-foreign-crisis-234284
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Re: McCain thinks Trump will face foreign crisis early in presidency
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 11:46:33 pm »
I wish that old man would just go take a nap next to a tree in the forest. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 11:49:08 pm »
Right, yeah.  This wouldn't be because you, Obama, Hillary and Kerry went and lit the fuse on the global powder keg now would it Mr. Maverick?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 11:49:38 pm »
Crazy Johnny is always itching for a war. I have a lot more faith in Donny handling any crisis than I would in you McLame if you didn't catastrophically lose in '08.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 12:09:23 am »
Crazy Johnny is always itching for a war. I have a lot more faith in Donny handling any crisis than I would in you McLame if you didn't catastrophically lose in '08.

Me, too. 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 12:46:29 am »
He thinks that because he's working, as per ALWAYS, to ensure a crisis somewhere in the world.