Author Topic: Trump signs order to vet refugees  (Read 486 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump signs order to vet refugees
« on: January 27, 2017, 11:35:09 pm »
Trump signs order to vet refugees
By Katie Bo Williams and Lisa Hagen - 01/27/17 04:52 PM EST

President Trump on Friday signed an executive order that he said would provide a thorough vetting of refugees to ensure that terrorists cannot get into the United States.

"I'm establishing new vetting measures to keep radical Islamic terrorists out of the United States of America,” Trump said at a signing ceremony at the Pentagon.

"We don't want them here. We want to ensure that we are not admitting into our country the very threats our soldiers are fighting overseas. We only want to admit those into our country who support our country and love deeply our people."

more
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/316599-trump-signs-order-to-vet-refugees
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Silver Pines

Re: Trump signs order to vet refugees
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 12:13:16 am »
Wait, what?  I thought he was going to block refugees from coming in and suspend visas to people from various Muslim countries?

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 01:03:13 am »
Wait, what?  I thought he was going to block refugees from coming in and suspend visas to people from various Muslim countries?

He has blocked refugees from seven Muslim countries,  and he has ordered extreme vetting for immigrants or refugees from other Muslim countries.   

I'm thinking he is trying to be diplomatic with important allies,   but common sense enough not to trust the people that come from these countries.   

No outright ban on allied countries,  but a vetting process so tough that it might as well be a ban.   

We shall see. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 12:28:44 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

Okay, I see that CNN is reporting that the seven country ban has been done.  Thank you.