Author Topic: Suspect arrested in deadly Georgetown hit-and-run  (Read 705 times)

Wingnut

Suspect arrested in deadly Georgetown hit-and-run
« on: January 27, 2017, 10:15:27 pm »
Hang the bastard

GEORGETOWN, Texas (KXAN) — A 20-year-old Hutto man is in jail accused of hitting and killing a 19-year-old Georgetown bicyclist and leaving him on the side of the road earlier this week.

Georgetown police say Aaron Davison is charged with accident involving death in connection with Thomas “Tommy” Ketterhagen death. Davison turned himself in on Friday morning.

Ketterhagen was last seen riding his bicycle in east Georgetown around 5 p.m. Monday. When he didn’t return home that evening, his family reported him missing. On Tuesday morning, his mother found his body in the 2300 block of Patriot Way.

“To see his body there on the grass and see his bike just crashed to smithereens, it was awful. But I was thankful I got there first, that I was able to hold him, talk to him and just be with him,” said the victim’s mother Luz Ketterhagen.

A witness told police he saw a dark blue pick-up truck driving erratically around SH 130 and take a left on Patriot Way around 6:30 p.m. Monday. The witness said he saw the truck drive into the wrong lane and strike a bicycle. While the witness couldn’t tell if anyone was on the bicycle, he did, however, see a bicycle wheel and a bike fly in the air. After impact, the witness said two people got out of the vehicle and started looking around a ditch and “accelerated out of the area,” police say.

http://kxan.com/2017/01/27/developments-expected-in-deadly-georgetown-hit-and-run/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=KXAN_News
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 10:15:43 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Suspect arrested in deadly Georgetown hit-and-run
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 10:19:45 pm »
Sounds like this ass hole was wasted.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 10:21:59 pm »
Sounds like this ass hole was wasted.

I don't buy his story for a second.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 10:52:30 pm »
Since he failed to fess up when found guilty I hope they fry him.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 10:58:23 pm »

1. Could his life be saved if the perp stopped?

2. In Calif. some cases involving drinking like this, are being tried for murder.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 11:02:13 pm »
1. Could his life be saved if the perp stopped?

2. In Calif. some cases involving drinking like this, are being tried for murder.

His defense will probably be: "I stopped but it was dark and I didn't see anyone so I drove away"

to avoid a Depraved Indifference prosecution.

To constitute depraved indifference, the defendant's conduct must be 'so wanton, so deficient in a moral sense of concern, so lacking in regard for the life or lives of others, and so blameworthy as to warrant the same criminal liability as that which the law imposes upon a person who intentionally causes a crime. Depraved indifference focuses on the risk created by the defendant’s conduct, not the injuries actually resulting.

I'm not a lawyer but I played on on TV.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 11:13:58 pm »
If he didn't see anything, why did he "speed off" as the witness stated?  I wonder what was his hurry?

I would think all they need to do is establish that he was drinking excessively prior to the accident, and match evidence of the truck on the bicycle wreck and vise versa.

Being too drunk to see isn't a very good alibi.