Author Topic: It’s Time For The IRS Chief To GO  (Read 998 times)

Online corbe

It’s Time For The IRS Chief To GO
« on: January 27, 2017, 05:10:14 pm »
It’s Time For The IRS Chief To GO

By Marc Giller  |  January 27, 2017, 10:06am  |  @MarcGiller

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

In a move to bring about something that’s long overdue, a group of congressmen have signed a letter to the Trump administration urging the president to immediately terminate IRS chief John Koskinen:

Rep. Mark Walker, R-N.C., will make the ask. The chairman of the Republican Study Committee has quietly but urgently been circulating a letter inside the GOP conference to build support. He’s now got 50 congressmen signed onto the letter.

While Trump has fleshed out his cabinet, so far, he’s stayed hush about the fate of the IRS chief. And conservatives really want Koskinen’s head. “You have the authority to remove Commissioner Koskinen,” Walker writes to Trump, adding that “we encourage you to dismiss him in the most expedient manner practicable.”
Koskinen, you may recall, was appointed to head up the IRS in the wake of the Lois Lerner scandal, in which the agency targeted conservative groups for extreme scrutiny in order to slow their requests for tax-exempt status.  This essentially crippled their ability to fund raise, and prevented them from mobilizing the same get-out-the-vote efforts that had proven so effective in the 2010 midterms, when Republicans took back the House of Representatives.  If you think that sounds an awful lot like a government agency suppressing votes, you would be correct.  Koskinen’s job was to go in, clean house, and find out what happened.  Well, that didn’t turn out so hot:

“ •The IRS failed to search five of six possible sources of electronic media for Lois Lerner’s emails.
•The only source the agency bothered to search – her hard drive – was destroyed by an industrial strength AMERI-SHRED AMS-750 HD shredder​ after a brief search deemed information unrecoverable. Documentation suggests that more could have been done to recover data.
•Later, the agency’s ineptness — or corruption — resulted in 24,000 Lerner emails being lost when they were “accidently” destroyed despite the existence of an agency wide preservation order.
•Koskinen withheld from Congress both the preservation order and destruction of tapes during sworn testimony.
•Koskinen also failed to disclose details regarding Lois Lerner’s mysteriously destroyed hard drive during testimony.
Kinda makes it look as if Koskinen’s real job was to cover the IRS’s tracks and provide deniability to the Obama administration.  In that endeavor, he appears to have been quite successful.

<..snip..>

http://theresurgent.com/its-time-for-the-irs-chief-to-go/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: It’s Time For The IRS Chief To GO
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 05:12:07 pm »
  If this guy stays on, there can be no doubt President Trump is very concerned about his Tax Returns being leaked.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 05:22:36 pm »
I would prefer that the IRS go in toto!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 05:33:50 pm »

:thumbsup:

Along with a whole slew of other government departments, agencies and bureaus.

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 05:36:08 pm »
McConnell: Trump should replace IRS commissioner

By Alexander Bolton and Bob Cusack - 01/27/17 06:14 PM EST   147comments

(R-Ky.) says President Trump should replace John Koskinen, the IRS commissioner who faced an impeachment vote in the House last year.

“I think he’s been a disaster and I’d be shocked if we don’t have a new one,” McConnell told The Hill on Friday.

President Obama nominated Koskinen in August of 2013, and his term expires in November of 2017. McConnell voted against his nomination.

Critics have accused Koskinen of not fully cooperating with an investigation into allegations that the tax agency purposely delayed applications for tax-exempt status by conservative groups.

Koskinen has come under fire for the handling of internal emails by Lois Lerner, an official at the center of the scandal.

The agency informed Congress in June of 2014 that it was unable to recover Lerner’s emails from 2009 to 2011 because of a computer crash.

Koskinen had pledged only a few months earlier to a House committee that he would work to restore the public’s trust.

The Trump transition team said in December that the then-president-elect had not yet made a decision on whether to replace Koskinen immediately or allow him to serve out the remaining year of his term.

Bloomberg reported last month that Koskinen expressed interest in serving under Trump. He wants the agency to have a technical role in helping Republicans in Congress pass tax reform.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/316626-mcconnell-trump-should-replace-irs-commissioner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE-jEN4uu8w

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 06:02:36 pm »
:thumbsup:

Along with a whole slew of other government departments, agencies and bureaus.

Make me king for 24 hours with the proviso that what I do during that period cannot be undone for 3 years and the problem will be solved!   ^-^

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 06:06:34 pm »
Make me king for 24 hours with the proviso that what I do during that period cannot be undone for 3 years and the problem will be solved!   ^-^

I'd actually vote for that!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 06:07:09 pm »
I can see no reason why Donny would want this loser around in the IRS. He needs to go right away.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 06:42:37 pm »
I'd actually vote for that!

Thank you for that vote of confidence!  I assure you that freedom loving Americans would be dancing in the streets when I was done and  would not forget my term for a LONG time.

:beer:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 07:26:21 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 07:27:57 pm »
That beady-eyed snake should have already been out the door along with the 16,000 or whatever the number is of new IRS hires to handle Ocare and punish Tea Party types.

We don't need an IRS to collect taxes in this country and having one is, IMHO, inconsistent with FREEDOM!!!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 07:34:59 pm »
As an IT guy who worked with this stuff, I can say for certain that anytime you see some nonsense about how government data was lost because a hard drive failed, it's either an outright lie, or someone was doing something totally illegal (like HRC) and not keeping official records on government servers.

One person's data/email does not live on one disk.  It lives, with other people's data,  on several disks, with at least enough redundancy for two disks to fail at the same time and still not lose any data. And on most, if not all devices (and I'd have to assume all that are eligible to be sold to government agencies, you CAN'T even delete or overwrite data.  It may look like it to the user, but an admin can go retrieve the old copies.  When you set up these devices, you configure it to not allow erasure for, say, 7 years.  You can increase that, but NEVER decrease it.  No one can.  If you must destroy data early, you would simply have to buy a new one, copy the data you want to keep, and physically destroy the old unit.  And, of course, there are requirements that you have copies at another location.

Along with keeping the data secure from people who shouldn't see it, the above is one of the big reasons why you're not allowed to use a personal server in your bathroom -- so that people CANNOT "lose"/destroy records which have retention requirements.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 07:35:23 pm »
Agreed.  If I had my way, the entire department would go.

WE must DEMAND that exact result!  The folks in Washington LIKE being able to manipulate us via the tax code!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 09:19:54 pm »

You should make that part of your Avatar @Bigun

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 11:59:56 pm »
IRS Sent $46,378,040 in Refunds to 23,994 ‘Unauthorized’ Aliens at 1 Atlanta Address

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/irs-sent-46378040-refunds-23994-unauthorized-aliens-1-atlanta-address

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 01:34:08 am »