Author Topic: Local News Anchor Suspended After Cursing Out Kellyanne Conway  (Read 1206 times)

rangerrebew

Local News Anchor Suspended After Cursing Out Kellyanne Conway
Posted By Charlie Hoffmann On January 27, 2017 @ 9:28 am In Politics | No Comments

Mike Jerrick, a Philadelphia-based television anchor, has been suspended after he used a curse word on air Monday to describe Kellyanne Conway, counselor to President Donald Trump.

“Good Day Philadelphia,” a morning show that Jerrick co-hosts, was holding a panel discussion about Trump’s inauguration and the crowd size comparison that occurred after White House spokesman Sean Spicer adamantly argued that it was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration.

During the morning show, a clip was played of Conway appearing Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” where she said that Spicer was using “alternative facts” to describe the size of Trump’s inauguration crowd.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/politics/local-news-anchor-suspended-after-cursing-kellyanne-conway/

Offline Applewood

Re: Local News Anchor Suspended After Cursing Out Kellyanne Conway
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 03:08:08 pm »
Trump brings out the worst in people.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 03:08:45 pm »
I don't blame him. Her performance was absolutely shameful.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 03:18:53 pm »
Just another Clickbait headline. What actually happened is not related in any way to what the headline says.
This is becoming way too common here on TBR.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 03:23:29 pm »
Don't go blaming us. We aggregate the news - we don't write it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 03:26:12 pm »
I don't blame him. Her performance was absolutely shameful.

Just the general cultural degeneracy going on in America from top to bottom bottom to top.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 03:28:35 pm »
Just another Clickbait headline. What actually happened is not related in any way to what the headline says.

“Alternative facts, is that going to be a new one in fake news?” Jerrick asked after the clip was played. Another guest on the panel defended Conway, saying that she is good at communicating Trump’s message to the media.
“She’s good at bullshit!” Jerrick interjected. The panel erupted in laughter as Jerrick quickly realized that he had just sworn on live television and apologized right after his statement.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 03:29:13 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 03:30:19 pm »
Jerrick is has been on air at FNC as well...usually on the weekend Fox and Friends show.

I thought I recognized his name.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 03:33:43 pm »

True, the headline doesn't match the story. But that happens in most news stories, even in established news outlets such as the alphabet networks. 

The anchor did utter an expletive, which he may not have done in ordinary circumstances.  I have noticed an increase in foul language since Trump announced his candidacy. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 04:28:10 pm »
I have noticed an increase in foul language since Trump announced his candidacy.

Yup.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 06:56:47 pm »
Just the general cultural degeneracy going on in America from top to bottom bottom to top.

A bit O/T, but it irks me when, at a restaurant or store, the response I get from the order taker when I say "thank you" is:

"No problem".

That's why those jobs are minimum wage, to learn people skills that prepare you for advancement to better, higher paying jobs.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 07:28:11 pm »
A bit O/T, but it irks me when, at a restaurant or store, the response I get from the order taker when I say "thank you" is:

"No problem".

That's why those jobs are minimum wage, to learn people skills that prepare you for advancement to better, higher paying jobs.
Actually the response from the order taker should be a thank you to.........you, after all you are the one giving them their business. I ran Mickey D's for decades, and back then there were rigid guidelines for responses to customers including a two part greeting from both coming and going. I agree with you things gave become ridiculous and though I rarely do fast food anymore, mainly for my grandson, I can't help but angry because if I ran my operations the way they are today I would have been canned very quickly! It appears that the standards at most place today are no standards. I believe that's why operations like In-N-Out continue to thrive, they have adhered to the standards that made the successful. Minimum wage jobs in food are no longer about teaching skills to young people, and have not been for the most part since the early 90's, they have become the standard income of many Hispanic families and that's because liberals taught generations that food service jobs were beneath them.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 07:31:57 pm by GtHawk »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2017, 07:36:38 pm »
True, the headline doesn't match the story. But that happens in most news stories, even in established news outlets such as the alphabet networks. 

The anchor did utter an expletive, which he may not have done in ordinary circumstances.  I have noticed an increase in foul language since Trump announced his candidacy.

I hope you recognize this is due to liberals (and certain others) being simply unable to control their emotional selves.

But libs in general curse far more in public, IMO.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln