Author Topic: After NAFTA: Cumulative U.S. Merchandise Trade Deficit With Mexico Nears $1,000,000,000,000  (Read 868 times)

rangerrebew

After NAFTA: Cumulative U.S. Merchandise Trade Deficit With Mexico Nears $1,000,000,000,000

(CNSNews.com) - The cumulative merchandise trade deficit that the United States has run with Mexico in the 23 years since the North American Free Trade Agreement took effect is nearing $1,000,000,000,000, according to data published by the U.S. Census Bureau [1].

In the period from January 1994 through November 2016, according to Census Bureau numbers, the United States ran a cumulative merchandise trade deficit with Mexico of $986,532,000,000.

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/after-nafta-cumulative-us-merchandise-trade-deficit-mexico-nears

Offline Suppressed

I have a trade deficit with every store I shop, and it has worked out well for me.  We obtain goods (and services) from them, and we pay for it.  We're buying more than we're selling, because it's evidently a good deal we're getting or we'd go elsewhere.  If American companies will start offering better deals, we'll go to their "stores".

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn