Author Topic: US Border Patrol Chief Out After Trump's Immigration Executive Order  (Read 873 times)

Offline corbe

US Border Patrol Chief Out After Trump's Immigration Executive Order

by Jack Date and VERONICA STRACQUALURSI
Jan 26, 2017, 2:56 PM ET

U.S. Border Patrol Chief Mark Morgan is leaving his post, according to a statement from Kevin K. McAleenan, the acting commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, which oversees the patrol agency.

"On behalf of the men and women of U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the U.S. Border Patrol, I want to thank Mark Morgan for his unwavering dedication to our border security mission and recognize his lifelong career in service to the nation," McAleenan said in a statement released today.

Morgan's departure is effective Jan. 31. Sources familiar with the circumstances of his departure said that his exit was not for cause and that the new administration is moving in a different direction.

President Donald Trump was backed by unions representing Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers before the election. Trump pointed out National Border Patrol Council President Brandon Judd and Chris Crane, the head of the National ICE Council, during his visit to the Department of Homeland Security on Wednesday, calling them friends and saying, "You guys are about to be very, very busy doing your job the way you want to do 'em."

According to a former DHS official, the union would prefer a Border Patrol insider to run the agency. Morgan became the its chief in 2016 after three decades in public service, including 20 years at the FBI. He served in the Marine Corps before beginning his career in law enforcement.

<..snip..>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/us-border-patrol-chief-trumps-immigration-executive-order/story?id=45067794

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: US Border Patrol Chief Out After Trump's Immigration Executive Order
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 11:26:37 pm »
  OK, I beginning to get 'sick of winning', another stunning move from the Trump Administration.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 11:30:08 pm »
  OK, I beginning to get 'sick of winning', another stunning move from the Trump Administration.

In one day Trump has done a lot to build my trust. Hope he keeps it up.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 11:36:24 pm »
So sad. Too Bad. Move along little doggie. Let the big dogs take over.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 11:39:15 pm »
Did not see all the long knives coming out so fast. The day started well when Trump got in a mention for March for Life. Then hear that Pence will address, in person I hope.

Now SD and Border Patrol get an airing.

The poo flingers are going to have trouble keeping up.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 11:39:58 pm »
I love that this house cleaning is going on. All these agencies need fresh blood and new energy.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 11:44:46 pm »
I love that this house cleaning is going on. All these agencies need fresh blood and new energy.
Well he does seem to be acting just like a Dem in power ; Which in this case seems to be a good thing.

He is giving them a taste of their own governance. Rapid fire action with no time for them to form an opposition. By tomorrow, the media will fixate on a couple things and the majority will be old news by the time they get around to a thorough bitching about them.

I'm impressed.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 11:45:19 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 02:27:03 am »
I'm not sick of it yet.  I'm loving it!  I never was great at moderation though.

Doesn't bode well for that bottle of bubbly tonight!

I'm teasing. Enjoy it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink