Author Topic: White House press secretary says border wall will be funded by 20% import tax on Mexican goods  (Read 13539 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Why are people STILL posting on a thread with a BOGUS subject?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Why are people STILL posting on a thread with a BOGUS subject?

It's not bogus. How else, would you propose, is Trump going to get Mexico to pay for the wall?

What bright ideas do you have?

Offline SirLinksALot

It's not bogus. How else, would you propose, is Trump going to get Mexico to pay for the wall?

Here's my suggestion -- JUST BUILD THE DAMN WALL USING OUR OWN MONEY. Forget about forcing Mexico to pay for it.

They keep talking Infrastructure... well there's one right there ( and it's part of NATIONAL DEFENSE and HOMELAND SECURITY TOO ).

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 02:39:11 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

THAT has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I'm talking about here which is that the headline on the starting article for this thread is TOTALLY bogus!

It was NEVER said by the person reported as saying it or anyone else that I know of! It's FAKE NEWS!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Market in Europe and Asia.  After all, they already speak one EU language...

News to me. Which language did they impose? Was it French? I bet it was the damned French.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

• Technical
Here's my suggestion -- JUST BUILD THE DAMN WALL USING OUR OWN MONEY. Forget about forcing Mexico to pay for it.

They keep talking Infrastructure... well there's one right there ( and it's part of NATIONAL DEFENSE and HOMELAND SECURITY TOO ).

Trump promised the MAGA drones during the campaign Mexico would pay for it, repeatedly.

How is he going to do that?

• Technical
THAT has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I'm talking about here which is that the headline on the starting article for this thread is TOTALLY bogus!

It was NEVER said by the person reported as saying it or anyone else that I know of! It's FAKE NEWS!

I thought it was floated as a possibility by Spicer?

Fair enough. This won't pay for wall. So what will?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I thought it was floated as a possibility by Spicer?

Fair enough. This won't pay for wall. So what will?

I have no idea!  We will just have to wait and find out won't we.

In the meantime, I strongly suspect that there will be ample opportunities to go after Trump for things that actually WERE said! No need for us to perpetuate this FAKE NEWS schtick!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

:amen:

Trump seems to think that Mexico should be held responsible for Trump's campaign rhetoric.   We don't have a beef with Mexico,  which is a good neighbor and trading partner.   But Trump is insisting on picking an unnecessary fight to avoid having to back-peddle on what he said at his rallies.   

Trump needs to be honest with himself - he said a lot of provocative thing at a time when he figured he'd never, ever actually be elected President.  Well, the dog's caught the car,  and he's got to grow and admit that some of what he said was schtick.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wasn't thinking about a real estate transaction, but rather that $100 sent 'home' to relatives, etc..  It's in the billions of $$$.

I favor taxing the remittances too because it hits the people responsible directly instead of the American consumer.  My only question is, how would we go about it?  How can we tax somebody dropping $100 into an envelope and mailing it to Mexico?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Mexico is close to a failed nation; and has taken advantage of the US for a long time, running drugs in; time they got their own house in order.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I favor taxing the remittances too because it hits the people responsible directly instead of the American consumer.  My only question is, how would we go about it?  How can we tax somebody dropping $100 into an envelope and mailing it to Mexico?

That method of transmission will be very heavily taxed I will assure you!  It just won't be the government doing the taxing!   :laugh:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We don't have a beef with Mexico,  which is a good neighbor and trading partner.   

Speak for yourself there.  It might surprise you that people who live in TX, NM and AZ have a much different attitude about having no beef with Mexico.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That method of transmission will be very heavily taxed I will assure you!  It just won't be the government doing the taxing!   :laugh:

I hear ya, bigun! 
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

The way our county and California collect a 5 cent fee for every plastic or paper bag you get with your groceries, etc..

Make Western Union pay a fee for every remittance South of the Border.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The way our county and California collect a 5 cent fee for every plastic or paper bag you get with your groceries, etc..

Make Western Union pay a fee for every remittance South of the Border.

If they wire it, sure.  Is that how it's usually done?  I honestly don't know, and I've never asked anybody who does it exactly how they do it.  I always assumed they just mailed cash to avoid government's prying eyes, at least that's what I'd do.
I will NOT comply.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
If they wire it, sure.  Is that how it's usually done?  I honestly don't know, and I've never asked anybody who does it exactly how they do it.  I always assumed they just mailed cash to avoid government's prying eyes, at least that's what I'd do.

Postman on your street would be living large then.  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

I suspect it would work about as well as overtaxing cigarettes has worked.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I suspect it would work about as well as overtaxing cigarettes has worked.

Yeah, I agree.  I was thinking more along the lines of it working out like Operation Choke Point."  There would be a lot more abuse than collections.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

How do you think Western Union earns its income?  7-11 charges a couple dollars for a money order.  Banks charge for Cashier's check on your GD account!

It's no different than the state and local taxes being added/hidden in every gallon of gas.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

If I were King....

Ask for zip-thru legislation for a bill to sign...calling for $5.00 fee to be paid by remitter sending all monies being sent out of country.

I'd even have the ballz....given Trump's awesome 'power' right now (real or imagined) to speak to the people and name it a Patriotic Fee...to build a wall to keep the crazies out. 

It may be six degree of Kevin Bacon.  But Mexico, ergo, is paying for the wall!   888high58888
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 06:20:06 pm by DCPatriot »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If I were King....

Ask for zip-thru legislation for a bill to sign...calling for $5.00 fee to be paid by remitter sending all monies being sent out of country.

I'd even have the ballz....given Trump's awesome 'power' right now (real or imagined) to speak to the people and name it a Patriotic Fee...to build a wall to keep the crazies out. 

It may be six degree of Kevin Bacon.  But Mexico, ergo, is paying for the wall!   888high58888

If you could limit it to remittances to Mexico and certain other countries.  Then again, we get illegals from all over the world, so the idea is sound either way.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

If you could limit it to remittances to Mexico and certain other countries.  Then again, we get illegals from all over the world, so the idea is sound either way.

Either way, it doesn't touch/affect the vast majority of Americans. 

Born 100% by a select group that is sending American dollars across a border.