Author Topic: Dem Castro weighs challenge to Cruz  (Read 732 times)

Offline libertybele

Dem Castro weighs challenge to Cruz
« on: January 26, 2017, 07:05:52 pm »
This is the DEM to carefully watch.  I predict that they are going to consider him for the White House in 2020.

Dem Castro weighs challenge to Cruz

Rep. Joaquín Castro (D-Texas) says he'll decide by the spring whether to challenge Republican Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas) in 2018.

“I said I’ll take a look at it, and I will,” said Castro Wednesday at a BuzzFeed Brews event at the Newseum in Washington, D.C. “I want to make a decision by the end of spring.

"Obviously, if you want to run in Texas, it’s a large state and you need a lot of money and a lot of time to mount a serious campaign,” he told BuzzFeed's Tarini Parti.

When first asked about Cruz, Castro had joked that his stomach was "going to be in knots."

“I don’t know if it’s the news; I don’t know if it’s the cafeteria food I ate earlier; I don’t know if it’s being asked about Ted Cruz,” he said.

The three-term lawmaker also poked fun at Cruz and his claim to like basketball.

Asked if he would play a pick-up game with the senator, Castro jokingly asked if he would be playing Cruz or Duke University basketball player Grayson Allen.

Earlier this week, sports website Deadspin mocked Cruz's claim that he plays basketball by asking him for proof. Cruz responded by tweeting a picture of Duke star Allen, who many say has a striking resemblance to the senator.

Castro was modest about his own basketball skills, telling the audience that his jump shot is "all right," even though he hasn't played in "probably six months."

Castro also discussed the new Trump administration, saying his concerns "are too many to count."...

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/316257-dem-castro-weighs-challenge-to-cruz
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 07:06:27 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Dem Castro weighs challenge to Cruz
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 07:07:43 pm »
Run Commie Run! You are going to be destroyed worse than Abortion Barbie.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 07:08:44 pm »
I wonder how much Trump and his supporters will donate to Castro?

No doubt many Trump-supporters will flip in that race. There are still a bunch that believe Cruz is a foreign-national because of all the lies Trump spewed in the primaries.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 07:09:19 pm »
Save your money, Joaquin.

Silver Pines

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 07:32:13 pm »
Julian Castro was supposed to appear in a Texas parade in 2005.  He decided he couldn't make it, so Joaquin took his place and pretended to be Julian.

http://www.myplainview.com/news/article/Mayoral-candidate-says-twin-took-place-in-parade-8662695.php

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 07:59:12 pm »
Demographics may eventually shift. People predict it but it's no sure thing.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 08:12:04 pm »
IIRC he's the dirtier of the two Texas Castro Brothers.

Big Ears moved Julian up to be the HUD Secretary...following in the footsteps of another corrupt San Antonio Mayor...Henry Cinsneros.

Julian was the one that rammed through federal zoning laws that allows the ghetto to come to suburbia....something I hope the next HUD Secretary reverses.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 08:24:18 pm »
   Anyone that thinks Cruz can be beaten in a Primary or the General do not understand Texas Politics for one and two are seriously delusional Cruz haters.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.